Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 82. (Read 527798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

When comparing prices you need to member that time is money and the earlier more expensive S7 have had been hashing at a lower difficulty for longer. Not sure if anyone has done the maths to show who was better off?

I have 2 S7's and a 3rd on the way (Batch 9 purchased 1-6-16 sent today).  I track my purchase and profits all in BTC.  If I need to buy cables I usually have to pay USD but I will convert it at the time of purchase to add to my spreadsheet.  I usually can get PSU's for BTC on newegg although my latest PSU was purchased with USD because newegg didn't have any 1600 gold, only platinum and titanium which I didn't want to spring for.  So all of these include an EVGA 1600 G2 and some of them include extra 14awg extension cords. Here is where I am now.

Batch 5 - 3.79860731 BTC still needed to break even - earned 1.66839269 so far  <--Hashing on bitminter
Batch 8 - 4.03911787 BTC still needed to break even - earned 1.01088213 so far  <--Hashing on KanoCK
Batch 9 - 3.27 BTC to break even (this is the one that shipped today - supposed to arrive Friday but that seems optimistic - probably won't start hashing for me until Monday)

The new one will go on KanoCK also.

Just out of curiosity, do you also track operating expenses in BTC? I am thinking of primarily electricity costs, though space rental, Internet access, and cooling could be present depending on your situation.

No, I run them at work so I don't pay electric. The boss knows and doesn't seem to care but I keep it reasonable in terms of how many devices I have.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
All 9 are present.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
My batch 9 units arrived today.  The controllers have the extra fan connections unlike the Batch 8 version.  Just FYI

How about the hash-board connectors? Still only 3, or are all 9 present?
My batch 9 units arrived today.  The controllers have the extra fan connections unlike the Batch 8 version.  Just FYI
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052

When comparing prices you need to member that time is money and the earlier more expensive S7 have had been hashing at a lower difficulty for longer. Not sure if anyone has done the maths to show who was better off?

I have 2 S7's and a 3rd on the way (Batch 9 purchased 1-6-16 sent today).  I track my purchase and profits all in BTC.  If I need to buy cables I usually have to pay USD but I will convert it at the time of purchase to add to my spreadsheet.  I usually can get PSU's for BTC on newegg although my latest PSU was purchased with USD because newegg didn't have any 1600 gold, only platinum and titanium which I didn't want to spring for.  So all of these include an EVGA 1600 G2 and some of them include extra 14awg extension cords. Here is where I am now.

Batch 5 - 3.79860731 BTC still needed to break even - earned 1.66839269 so far  <--Hashing on bitminter
Batch 8 - 4.03911787 BTC still needed to break even - earned 1.01088213 so far  <--Hashing on KanoCK
Batch 9 - 3.27 BTC to break even (this is the one that shipped today - supposed to arrive Friday but that seems optimistic - probably won't start hashing for me until Monday)

Just out of curiosity, do you also track operating expenses in BTC? I am thinking of primarily electricity costs, though space rental, Internet access, and cooling could be present depending on your situation.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
because S7 should go directly S9?
S8 do not like? Wink Wink Wink

Only guessing of course, but I am assuming that we have seen the end of the Even Numbered Miners, with them being replaced by the Plus Series, triple bay Miners?

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
because S7 should go directly S9?
S8 do not like? Wink Wink Wink
STRICKLY SPECULATION:

Within the next 2 weeks, Bitmain will be announcing a new miner (~S9).  Reasons:  
 - There has been a great deal of time from the Batch 8/9.  The Engineers have not been sitting idle and resting.  
 - The price of the Batch 9 is now capped at $903.  This could be technical glitch, but the price has not risen since the BTC to USD was $382 and is now $412.  

Get Ready.  Your Thoughts?

I would say too soon for S9, still life left in the S7. Yes the Bitfury chip will be competition but it's some Months away from a real Miner. I would think at least another 2 - 3 months of S7? However never a dull moment in this game...  Smiley

Rich
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
STRICKLY SPECULATION:

Within the next 2 weeks, Bitmain will be announcing a new miner (~S9).  Reasons:  
 - There has been a great deal of time from the Batch 8/9.  The Engineers have not been sitting idle and resting.  
 - The price of the Batch 9 is now capped at $903.  This could be technical glitch, but the price has not risen since the BTC to USD was $382 and is now $412.  

I am pretty its a glitch. There system was slow to update when the price crashed as well. It can take a few hours to update to reflect the current price. It is locked in at 2.4 btc.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
STRICKLY SPECULATION:

im sure this has already been covered but why am i seeing the s7s now on bitmains website for just 900$?

boy am i glad i didnt order two weeks ago, or a month ago, or 4 months ago ? Sad

anyway I saw something in the thread about the s7+ ? Is this going to be released any-day or something? Any links to rumors etc? Google brought back pratically nothing to mee.

Thanks!

The S7+ is just a possible product, nothing announced. S5+, 3 Bay S5, was probably done to use up BM1384 Chips, prior to S7 Release. I suspect an S7+ will only happen if they find themselves with a surplus of BM1385 when the S9 / BM1386 is ready for release?

Rich
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
im sure this has already been covered but why am i seeing the s7s now on bitmains website for just 900$?

boy am i glad i didnt order two weeks ago, or a month ago, or 4 months ago ? Sad

anyway I saw something in the thread about the s7+ ? Is this going to be released any-day or something? Any links to rumors etc? Google brought back pratically nothing to mee.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Yeah good catch on my typo before I could edit it Biodom

just a different way to do it, that's all...
calling it a night
Yeah good catch on my typo before I could edit it Biodom
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Can you power an antminer s7 off an evga 1300 and a corsair 500 watt psu? I'm thinking the 1300 for the blades and the 500 for the controller. Would this setup work?

You can run the Batch 8/9 S7 using just 1 EVGA G2 1300w no issues.  I ran 2 S7 powered by the 2 EVGA G2 1300W for a few weeks until I purchased my server PSU combo.  It will work with just 2 connection to each Hash board instead of 3 but if you want all ports connected for warranty purposes, you will have to buy 1 additional dual PCI-E cable since the PSU only comes with 2 of those and the other 4 are single connections.  I purchased extra cables for all my EVGAs.  I think this is easier than powering it by multiple PSU and worrying about the power on and power down sequence.  

actually, you need just two additional PCI-E splitters like this (to split two red singles):

http://www.amazon.com/JacobsParts-Express-Power-Splitter-Cable/dp/B00JLU0UQ4 for just 3.95 shipped

just remember to separate (slide off) 2pins from 8 (to make it 6+2)-they ship like this (8=6+2)
Can you power an antminer s7 off an evga 1300 and a corsair 500 watt psu? I'm thinking the 1300 for the blades and the 500 for the controller. Would this setup work?

You can run the Batch 8/9 S7 using just 1 EVGA G2 1300w no issues.  I ran 2 S7 powered by the 2 EVGA G2 1300W for a few weeks until I purchased my server PSU combo.  It will work with just 2 connection to each Hash board instead of 3 but if you want all ports connected for warranty purposes, you will have to buy 2 additional dual PCI-E cable since the PSU only comes with 2 of those and the other 4 are single connections.  I purchased extra cables for all my EVGAs.  I think this is easier than powering it by multiple PSU and worrying about the power on and power down sequence.  
Activity: 575
EVGA 1300 G2's are perfectly fine with S7's.
I've run Batch 1's, Batch 6's@ 4.5TH with zero issues.
I've also run a few sets of 2x S5's overclocked to 1.25TH each for months with zero issues per EVGA 1300 G2.

Yeah but thats 1220~1300W at the wall. With B8 and B9 S7's, what Bitmain is selling right now, you're looking at 1415~1480W at the wall depending on PSU efficiency. So still fine, but very limit.

The efficiency of those is about 0.3J/GH/s with gold efficiency, versus 0.25J/GH/s of the early S7 batches.

Yes, I'd buy a B2, B3, B6, B7 over the current new crap. Here is what I am getting on the B2 OC'ed to 600 and pulling 1215w

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
I've also run a few sets of 2x S5's overclocked to 1.25TH each for months with zero issues per EVGA 1300 G2.

Yeah but thats 1220~1300W at the wall. With B8 and B9 S7's, what Bitmain is selling right now, you're looking at 1415~1480W at the wall depending on PSU efficiency. So still fine, but very limit.

The efficiency of those is about 0.3J/GH/s with gold efficiency, versus 0.25J/GH/s of the early S7 batches.

Ahh, forgot that the newer batches' efficiency is crap.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

Pages:
Jump to: