Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 92. (Read 527798 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Well its definately now cheaper then before.

Price:       2.4 BTC
               ( 960 USD )

Will be interesting to see what happens they had it on fixed BTC as it seemed to be rising and was better then fixed USD.  I really would not be surprised if we see a switch back to fixed USD  if it drops much more.

Or I could be wrong and they sell at lower price hoping for more sales.

No really. I am asking. Has anyone got these shipped to the USA From Bitmain China ? How long did it take. What does it cost? I hear their support doesn't exist at all. So. Hopefully they run flawlessly or else. Doomed.

Comments ?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

( 960 USD )

Will be interesting to see what happens they had it on fixed BTC as it seemed to be rising and was better then fixed USD.  I really would not be surprised if we see a switch back to fixed USD  if it drops much more.

Or I could be wrong and they sell at lower price hoping for more sales.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

( 960 USD )
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Probably the first time the S7 is below $1K

Price:       2.4 BTC
               ( 990.67 USD )

Nope, got mine for 974 USD per pcs in December  (B9)

Yeah but what did shipping cost you? Do you live in NA?
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

Price:       2.4 BTC
               ( 990.67 USD )

Nope, got mine for 974 USD per pcs in December  (B9)
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

( 990.67 USD )

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Anyone have experience using the S7 in an upright position where it's sitting on a wire shelf with the exhaust fan pointing to the ceiling and the intake fan at the bottom?  I'm hearing that this would increase the risk of the heat sink falling and burning out the boards but when I look at the pictures of the internal, regardless of what position there will always be some heat sink that will be in a vertical position.  Any other reason why I should avoid this particular configuration?  Intake air wont be block as it's wire shelves below have plenty of gaps for air.  My goal is to point all the exhaust fans to the ceiling Vent for better efficiency.

I have 3 running in this configuration and using fans in drop ceiling to pull all the hot air above the drop ceiling. Works well, I just zip tied the corners of the miner fans to the wire rack to make sure they don't tip over.

Can I see a picture of this?  I was thinking of using the S7 built in groove and connect 6 on 1 side of the rack and 6 on the other side.  The lower Rack will have the PSU running the power up to them.  from the left and right side.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
Anyone have experience using the S7 in an upright position where it's sitting on a wire shelf with the exhaust fan pointing to the ceiling and the intake fan at the bottom?  I'm hearing that this would increase the risk of the heat sink falling and burning out the boards but when I look at the pictures of the internal, regardless of what position there will always be some heat sink that will be in a vertical position.  Any other reason why I should avoid this particular configuration?  Intake air wont be block as it's wire shelves below have plenty of gaps for air.  My goal is to point all the exhaust fans to the ceiling Vent for better efficiency.

I have 3 running in this configuration and using fans in drop ceiling to pull all the hot air above the drop ceiling. Works well, I just zip tied the corners of the miner fans to the wire rack to make sure they don't tip over.
legendary
Just want to say my miners were delivered today and appear to be running without any problems. Thanks to the mining company that mistakenly got them for taking good care of them & thanks to Bitmain for helping relieve my worries.

Glad to hear it all worked out!  I didn't think a company dealing with that many would take time to mess with you.  But glad to hear it confirmed.

Having a good story is always better in the end for all parties of a deal.
legendary
He's just trying to see how much quicker the B8 shipped compare to the B9 to see if it was worth the premium difference.

For mos B9 will be better at the cheaper price as some have already reported getting B9's and are lucky.   The ones who are not so lucky could be twords the Feb 5th date with 10 day's range, then the 5 after before it's considered late.

I think most will go B9 at this point.  But I could be wrong.

Ahhhh, I see.  This will be a good evaluation.  I just made an order today for B9s; proving your point of "most will go B9s".

Yep it's just getting so close between the two it's hard to justify the extra.  With saving money I think most will go B9, and in next 5-6 day's B8 should be down.  And there B9 will current.

It's there I will find something interesting.  I want to see if they do a 10 for a month off or what batch 10 will look like.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Received 2 x Batch 5 replacement boards today.
Both installed and running.  Better late than never.

Thanks Bitmain.

I have to chime in on this one.  I received 1 hashboard back today and it is working perfectly!  I will say it too.....Thanks Bitmain!
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Received 2 x Batch 5 replacement boards today.
Both installed and running.  Better late than never.

Thanks Bitmain.
legendary
Mine for a Bit
He's just trying to see how much quicker the B8 shipped compare to the B9 to see if it was worth the premium difference.

For mos B9 will be better at the cheaper price as some have already reported getting B9's and are lucky.   The ones who are not so lucky could be twords the Feb 5th date with 10 day's range, then the 5 after before it's considered late.

I think most will go B9 at this point.  But I could be wrong.

Ahhhh, I see.  This will be a good evaluation.  I just made an order today for B9s; proving your point of "most will go B9s".
legendary

For mos B9 will be better at the cheaper price as some have already reported getting B9's and are lucky.   The ones who are not so lucky could be twords the Feb 5th date with 10 day's range, then the 5 after before it's considered late.

I think most will go B9 at this point.  But I could be wrong.
legendary
Mine for a Bit
just got a B8 and 2 B9's

lets see how fast the B8 comes in comparison to the B9's

shipped FEDEX. I also added the HST code to my address, to my EIN / VAT section and to the special notes section

Aren't they the same machine just different shipping options....
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

The "newer" hashboards now have a buck circuit? True or False?

Can someone take a closeup pic of the new fangled power circuit area with that big inductor? If you can also list the IC part numbers... that would be appreciated.

Big discussion on this further back in the thread, starts about here.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13296566

Carries on over several pages, interspersed with other discussions, you will have to pick your way through it.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
just got a B8 and 2 B9's

lets see how fast the B8 comes in comparison to the B9's

shipped FEDEX. I also added the HST code to my address, to my EIN / VAT section and to the special notes section
legendary
snip
Can someone take a closeup pic of the new fangled power circuit area with that big inductor? If you can also list the IC part numbers... that would be appreciated.

Someone did above but the reason you will not find many is it actually voids warranty.  On mine there were little stickers to show if miner was opened and boards could be pulled out.

They did not look super tamper resistant so someone might be able to put it back together without anyone knowing.  But this is reason I think you are not seeing many post this.
Pages:
Jump to: