Pages:
Author

Topic: AntMiner S9 rampant speculation thread, have to be quick though - page 2. (Read 12633 times)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100
All these new S7 Batchs for sale... makes me wonder if they are just trying to sell off their used S7 machines that they were mining with as they replace their own farms with the the new S9 miners.  "refurb" the used S7, clean them up, maybe make a few slight cost effective modifications here and there .. and sell it as a "new batch" just to get rid of the S7 they were mining with?

I mean, what has really changed in these last two batches? went back two fans? anything else?

there are 6000 units of used/ refurb S7 -single fan on sales @ their CN site for 0.833 BTC
https://enshop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020160519101458311rI3i5GoH067A
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
I am a little guy but the solar array does give me cheap power.
I wont hijack this thread but i'm very interested on specs you re using for your solar array as i'm starting to seriously ponder about it. Is there any topic you can point me @ or willingly to share your experience?
~RR
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
All these new S7 Batchs for sale... makes me wonder if they are just trying to sell off their used S7 machines that they were mining with as they replace their own farms with the the new S9 miners.  "refurb" the used S7, clean them up, maybe make a few slight cost effective modifications here and there .. and sell it as a "new batch" just to get rid of the S7 they were mining with?

I mean, what has really changed in these last two batches? went back two fans? anything else?
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
Another s7 model is out.
ANTMINER S7 BATCH 18 with 2 fans - Shipped out from June 2nd. https://enshop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201605290908457178P0E046905D2

They priced it almost as the last batch probably because BTC went up slightly. They are trying to get every single dollar they can.

Yup. Bitmain is consistent where it comes to profit...

I have a very bad feeling about the S9. Based on recent releases, it will certainly be overpriced. And as the dominant force in mining hardware, everyone and his mother is going to buy S9s so the difficulty is going to skyrocket. It will be the S7 all over again, only worse because of the halving.

With the overpriced S7 the only saving grace was that BTC doubled in price. Assuming a similarly overpriced S9 that also creams the difficulty like crazy, then this time BTC will have to quadruple due to the halving just to keep up.

Yes, Bitcoin has been going up a lot recently and that's good. But if your mining profit is absolutely dependent on the price going up dramatically, then why buy overpriced hardware and fund Bitmain's further dominance?

It's a bummer, but unless things go differently this time I'm probably out of the Bitcoin mining game. I'll just keep what I've been doing, namely buying BTC over time (using Bitwage because I'm lazy) and hanging on to old Scrypt ASICs just to keep my hand in.

Not that my behavior matters. For every one of me there are plenty of others who are desperate to own magic money making machines, against all odds or sense.

It is not what it used to be. The margins were better for,the little guy.

I am a little guy but the solar array does give me cheap power.

Just not as much as I want.

Yeah I see,one,or,two,s-9s in the,future of the array.  But I may not rush to,buy,them.

Not much,fun,to,be,a miner,of btc.

ETH coin may keep things going for,a  while I wonder if it will keep going for a few months or for a year or more.

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Another s7 model is out.
ANTMINER S7 BATCH 18 with 2 fans - Shipped out from June 2nd. https://enshop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201605290908457178P0E046905D2

They priced it almost as the last batch probably because BTC went up slightly. They are trying to get every single dollar they can.

Yup. Bitmain is consistent where it comes to profit...

I have a very bad feeling about the S9. Based on recent releases, it will certainly be overpriced. And as the dominant force in mining hardware, everyone and his mother is going to buy S9s so the difficulty is going to skyrocket. It will be the S7 all over again, only worse because of the halving.

With the overpriced S7 the only saving grace was that BTC doubled in price. Assuming a similarly overpriced S9 that also creams the difficulty like crazy, then this time BTC will have to quadruple due to the halving just to keep up.

Yes, Bitcoin has been going up a lot recently and that's good. But if your mining profit is absolutely dependent on the price going up dramatically, then why buy overpriced hardware and fund Bitmain's further dominance?

It's a bummer, but unless things go differently this time I'm probably out of the Bitcoin mining game. I'll just keep what I've been doing, namely buying BTC over time (using Bitwage because I'm lazy) and hanging on to old Scrypt ASICs just to keep my hand in.

Not that my behavior matters. For every one of me there are plenty of others who are desperate to own magic money making machines, against all odds or sense.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
Another s7 model is out.

Activity: 546
Merit: 253
Another s7 model is out.
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
According to the Poloniex Trolltalk apparently the S9 is already released but only to the Chinese market.

Roll Eyes  ::)Hopefully you don't believe everything you read in the trollbox

Just kidding
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
According to the Poloniex Trolltalk apparently the S9 is already released but only to the Chinese market.

Then the Chinese site of bitmaintech should have a link
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com

legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
Of course, maybe the S9 is just a "Cloud Mining" certificate!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

A-la hashlet? Don't start giving them those terrible ideas.... yeez Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

1) No way to cool down 1350W with 1 fan securely. Bitmain already reverted back to 2 fan system.

A GOOD fan and a GOOD heatsink setup, it certainly IS possible.
 A dual-fan push-pull design does NOT increase airflow much, unless the flow path is VERY restrictive.
Activity: 742
Besides the R1 and "U series (i.e. USB centric)" miners, has Bitmain ever produced a miner that was 1Kg? I agree that seems really light. I'll bet it's just a "place holder" for now.

Of course, maybe the S9 is just a "Cloud Mining" certificate!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

In this case it's casted of solid piece of stainless steel Smiley

alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
Besides the R1 and "U series (i.e. USB centric)" miners, has Bitmain ever produced a miner that was 1Kg? I agree that seems really light. I'll bet it's just a "place holder" for now.

Of course, maybe the S9 is just a "Cloud Mining" certificate!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Yes, while a 14TH speed is interesting, without a date, price, or power consumption figure it an utterly useless number. There's nothing that says the 14TH figure won't change before it becomes "real". Whoever started to fill in that web page probably could have had some fun by putting in a 25TH figure and really get a buzz going.....  Smiley

Bitmainers aren't known for their sense of humor so if this is a prank it's quite surprising. Gotta love the weight too, 1kg, shipping costs will be awesome  Grin
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

Yes, while a 14TH speed is interesting, without a date, price, or power consumption figure it an utterly useless number. There's nothing that says the 14TH figure won't change before it becomes "real". Whoever started to fill in that web page probably could have had some fun by putting in a 25TH figure and really get a buzz going.....  Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
Its been linked before but it gives zero information other than a random hash speed listed. I would take it with a grain of salt until more info comes out.
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
So the big thing from Bitmain today is the crap ass 2.7t s7 with the cheap PSU. What a let down.
Activity: 924
From bitmain's facebook page:

Hello everyone!
Please note that any online or offline resellers/distributors/shops like this one claiming to sell the Antminer S9 is a scam. The technical specifications or the release date of the Antminer S9 are still not certain yet.
We will inform you all via our official website or social media accounts as soon as we launch it.
Cheers and happy mining,
The Bitmain Team

This relates directly to the offer on OpenBazaar I've posted a few days ago!  Sad

Bitmain already confirmed that final speed is not yet determined, but S9 is under testing now, so I think they are just binning batches and considering setting price/speed/efficiency. I belive S9 will be within two weeks. Just note that Hashnest lowered S7 price to the same level as public sale price. This might be sign of "stock clearence".
Pages:
Jump to: