Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S9 Volt Rocket Ship firmware mod! ~Time to Max Out Your Bitmain PSU~ - page 5. (Read 32470 times)

donator
Activity: 446
Merit: 262
Interesting.
i use my own codes Wink

i working for it about 50 hours ....

Will you share it?
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
strange...
I have about 15 with 650FF firmware with the LPM fw on top, and highest i can clock them is about 668Mhz. Any higher and hashrate starts to drop.
Also i have 4 that are situated in a colder area, and they are so picky they wont even take the LPM mod; too cold, hashrate drops and they run stuck. Reboot and they go for some hours again. New flash with 650 (or autotune only) and they're fine...
So, temp. has a big influence also... Chip temp of 40 degree centigrade they don't like at all...

I agree, when too cold mine tend to be moody too, which makes no sense to me since heat is the enemy or so I thought. I think I could potentially get better results if I had the beefier PSU, I am running the 1600w one from bitmain on a dedicated 30amp 240v circuit, so I have plenty of power from the wall, but I think the PSU might be my limiting factor.
Activity: 434
Merit: 30
After several says trying different firmwares I can confirm the following;

With original bitmain LPM firmware + original bmminer, just changing the frequency inside advance panel and modifying through css the fan speed control to 100%, right now I have my two antminers s9, one 13.0TH s9 running to 675 = 14.237TH and 73C and the other s9 14.00TH running 750 = 15.931TH and 80C and almost no hw errors and 1600w psu. So I´m not experiencing anymore the heat problems.

strange...
I have about 15 with 650FF firmware with the LPM fw on top, and highest i can clock them is about 668Mhz. Any higher and hashrate starts to drop.
Also i have 4 that are situated in a colder area, and they are so picky they wont even take the LPM mod; too cold, hashrate drops and they run stuck. Reboot and they go for some hours again. New flash with 650 (or autotune only) and they're fine...
So, temp. has a big influence also... Chip temp of 40 degree centigrade they don't like at all...
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I think the reason my firmware and braiins is heating up a bit more is because many of the newer releases from bitmain have not been made public so figuring out what they did to lower temps is difficult since the source code we have to work with is a few revisions old. I am trying to figure out the LPM but it is currently not being very friendly with me.

With the new S15 I might just try to work on that one if I can get my hands on 1 even though the tax is stupid high.

Came here to ask a similar question to this.

I'm showing Bitmain's last update being May 5, 2017.

How long do you believe it will take for them to release this new update?
Activity: 4
Yes, 650 fixed frequency firmware
Activity: 306
Merit: 7

With original bitmain LPM firmware + original bmminer, just changing the frequency inside advance panel and modifying through css the fan speed control to 100%, right now I have my two antminers s9, one 13.0TH s9 running to 675 = 14.237TH and 73C and the other s9 14.00TH running 750 = 15.931TH and 80C and almost no hw errors and 1600w psu. So I´m not experiencing anymore the heat problems.

you mean the fixed frequency firmware, right? Or can wen now adjust frequency in the autotune firmware?

Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
seem like fan setting problem in bmminer.
with my S9 13.5 other firmware's plus bmminers and tricks all over the internet the custom fan speed not work my miner always follow auto fan. But custom fan speed only work with LPM firmware and the bmminer inside LPM.
my controller board is c41 v1.20

I will double check the compiled version. Possibility fan speed change not allowed but pretty sure I changed that. I know it is set so you can unplug the fans and submerge it too
Merit: 347
i use my own codes Wink

i working for it about 50 hours ....
Activity: 159
Merit: 12
Well, I have tried with all of them and changing frequencies but nothing improve, always same problem with high temps. Answering to your question, yes, I tried flashing 650 fixed frequency firm first and from there just swapping bmminer file for your file. For example, I have tried with bmminer 880 and frecuency 650 onwards, like 656, 662, etc till 762. With all of them I get same problem. Thanks for your help !

i have 2 such s9 miners, chip temp jumps to 90-100C, but board temp stay intact, so i assume that old s9 have some difference with chip temp reading.

Hi all, I am currently running antminer S9 - 13.5Th with AsicBoost and voltage control, I am 15.500Th / s for 1420W on the wall (with firmware bitmain), after a lot of work, test, brick of my S9 .. ..

My setup is 725Mhz / 895mv ===> 15.5Ths / 1420W
My room is at about 20 degrees and the chips are at 90 degrees, for a fan speed of 2650trs and 3150trs

Ps : ha yes, i have unlock TEMP CHIP 1 on miner statuts, for now say the pcb temp, but i share for all, but no people interessed lol

what firmware with asic boost do you use?  I tested brainsOS with AB which allows freq and volt tuning, but i cannot achieve stable hashrate more than 14 Th with enabled LPW mode.
Hi all, I am currently running antminer S9 - 13.5Th with AsicBoost and voltage control, I am 15.500Th / s for 1420W on the wall (with firmware bitmain), after a lot of work, test, brick of my S9 .. ..

My setup is 725Mhz / 895mv ===> 15.5Ths / 1420W
My room is at about 20 degrees and the chips are at 90 degrees, for a fan speed of 2650trs and 3150trs

Ps : ha yes, i have unlock TEMP CHIP 1 on miner statuts, for now say the pcb temp, but i share for all, but no people interessed lol
Activity: 9
Well, I have tried with all of them and changing frequencies but nothing improve, always same problem with high temps. Answering to your question, yes, I tried flashing 650 fixed frequency firm first and from there just swapping bmminer file for your file. For example, I have tried with bmminer 880 and frecuency 650 onwards, like 656, 662, etc till 762. With all of them I get same problem. Thanks for your help !

seem like fan setting problem in bmminer.
with my S9 13.5 other firmware's plus bmminers and tricks all over the internet the custom fan speed not work my miner always follow auto fan. But custom fan speed only work with LPM firmware and the bmminer inside LPM.
my controller board is c41 v1.20
Hi Taser, one question please;

I have two antminers s9, ( 13.5 and 14.0 ) and 1600w bitmain psu. The temps I´m getting with stock firmware are of 75C.

I have tried with every single bminer you have attached and different frequency options but the temps increase to 110C and the antminer turn off itself after a few minutes running. What I´m doing wrong ? Because I can see here many successful antminer users getting more hashing and keeping low temps, is because they are using any kind of refrigeration ?

Thanks for your help !

Did you put the bitmain 650m fixed firmware on first? How high are you adjusting the frequency and what voltage. Used the 880 one on github there should be the slightest difference in temps with that one.
Hi Taser, one question please;

I have two antminers s9, ( 13.5 and 14.0 ) and 1600w bitmain psu. The temps I´m getting with stock firmware are of 75C.

I have tried with every single bminer you have attached and different frequency options but the temps increase to 110C and the antminer turn off itself after a few minutes running. What I´m doing wrong ? Because I can see here many successful antminer users getting more hashing and keeping low temps, is because they are using any kind of refrigeration ?

Thanks for your help !
Boo i like your updates better. Thanks for the quick response

I can take a look at it but I thought l3 was not really worth using unless you have very cheap power.
Activity: 13
Merit: 1
Boo i like your updates better. Thanks for the quick response
Hey taser just a quick question really have you tried this on a l3+? Im curious to see if i can get lower voltage out of that thing. Thanks

There is already a modded l3 someone made. It takes a bit of a dev fee if memory is correct.
I think the reason my firmware and braiins is heating up a bit more is because many of the newer releases from bitmain have not been made public so figuring out what they did to lower temps is difficult since the source code we have to work with is a few revisions old. I am trying to figure out the LPM but it is currently not being very friendly with me.

With the new S15 I might just try to work on that one if I can get my hands on 1 even though the tax is stupid high.
In my opinion it's too early! the source code will not be released from as early as I pence ...

Nevertheless, "the code" between antminer S7 / S9 / T9 / T9 + are the same, finally in large part, there will be way of tunning a little anyway I pence!

I would like so much to have one: P !!!
Pages:
Jump to: