Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S9 Volt Rocket Ship firmware mod! ~Time to Max Out Your Bitmain PSU~ - page 4. (Read 32470 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
hi, is this mod usable for s9j?

in the title you said this include s9j, but in github you noted "This is made for the 13.5th and 14th S9." not 14.5th!
and also i don't know where to find a fixed frequency firmware for s9j. they are all auto freq.

have u tried that on s9j ?
anyone has any idea if s9i mod can be used for s9j ?
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
No, is based on old source whith no LPM or Asicboost.... And i make it with the ORIGINAL source, so, without devfee ... at the same to taserz but just change voltage...
donator
Merit: 262
Interesting.
Do you enjoy, I just compiled it for you...

Are these based on the new power-save firmware bitmain released few months ago?
Does it have Dev fee?
Activity: 15
would you add higher frequencies to the firmware? like 825 or 850??
Do you enjoy, I just compiled it for you :

-870mv
-860mv
-850mv
-840mv

with the source code ...

Download package here : http://www.k-upload.fr/afficher-fichier-2019-01-13-17eaa316fbmminers9dow.zip.html

to pleasure!
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
Activity: 1
hi, is this mod usable for s9j?

in the title you said this include s9j, but in github you noted "This is made for the 13.5th and 14th S9." not 14.5th!
and also i don't know where to find a fixed frequency firmware for s9j. they are all auto freq.
Activity: 306
Merit: 7
It is not a firmware, it is a modded bmminer. you can use it on 13TH models. I also use it on 13 TH models. You just have to find out the sweet spot concerning voltage. Depending on what you want: undevolting or overclocking. Dont do it, if you dont know what you are doing.
Activity: 1
can I use this firmware on the antminer S9 13THs version

cus I get confused with all this info regarding 13.5 14th but nobody mention the 13th.

thanks for your explanation
donator
Merit: 262
Interesting.
*raises hands* i would
Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Does anyone one want sub 8.6v mods as well for underclocking. The 8.7 is a slight underclock but 8.6 seems stable and seems to outperform the eco miner or whatever it is called.
Activity: 48
Merit: 11
As of right now I think that is the current solution.

Ok thanks. It'd be cool to get a hex file made that could be used to reflash cards that have this happenbut I ordered a pickit3 since bitmain support was hung up on warranty status of my unit rather than understanding what happened or providing much help but we'll see. Supposedly my issue was being escalated although not holding my breath. lol  It seems the new "low power" T9+ firmware is built to auto-reboot if it doesn't find heartbeat of all 3 cards though which is very annoying when trying to test single boards..  I ended up tweaking the old available source a bit & running that with 1 working card for now. It boots up & mines WAYYY faster than the official version even when the cards were working. I do need to measure power usage at wall to see how much I'm losing out on vs the new low power version but that one won't run without all 3 working cards installed so can't test that until/unless I get my other 2 cards repaired.
Hi darval, did you ever get something working with your tool & the T9+? few posts back you can see link to where thierry4wd posted a how-to with PICKIT 3 & MPLAB X IPE along with a HEX dump from working card using that tool so hoped to be able to flash my broken card with software.. Save me ordering & waiting for a pickit.  I'm tempted to convert his hex file to the format of the txt file but I wasn't sure if the format of the text file caused the corruption to begin with.  (I doubt the antminer monitoring script auto-rebooting mid flash helped.. x(  I mean single-board-test & bmminer obviously can flash the boards to store settings & messed up the boards so would think it should be possible to flash them back correctly.  I've monkeyed around with the source of both of those & get the basic idea of what's going on (I disabled the auto-flashing in both so I could get my miner up & running on chains 4 13 & 14 at least.  The latest official firmware just auto-reboots over & over when it has heartbeat failures so made my T9+ worthless.)  So maybe I'll order a PICKIT 3 and while I wait try hacking away at the source to see if I can get anywhere in the meantime but hoped someone had a working software-only solution already Smiley
Thanks

As of right now I think that is the current solution.
I am going to take a look at this today.  I wrote / modified a program to help restore the pic firmware on an L3+ ( https://github.com/darval/bitmain-tools ) and I am going to see if I can modify it to work for a T9+.  The pic is a microcontroller on each hash board.  Usually when it (bmminer) tries to get the version and it fails (-1 or 0xff), it means the pic firmware got trashed.  My program has a mode to try to restore it.  It currently doesn't work on the T9+, so don't try it yet, but if I am successful, I will update it and post about it here.  Then you can try it out.  Like anything, this stuff is all use at your own risk. Smiley

Hi darval, did you ever get something working with your tool & the T9+? few posts back you can see link to where thierry4wd posted a how-to with PICKIT 3 & MPLAB X IPE along with a HEX dump from working card using that tool so hoped to be able to flash my broken card with software.. Save me ordering & waiting for a pickit.  I'm tempted to convert his hex file to the format of the txt file but I wasn't sure if the format of the text file caused the corruption to begin with.  (I doubt the antminer monitoring script auto-rebooting mid flash helped.. x(  I mean single-board-test & bmminer obviously can flash the boards to store settings & messed up the boards so would think it should be possible to flash them back correctly.  I've monkeyed around with the source of both of those & get the basic idea of what's going on (I disabled the auto-flashing in both so I could get my miner up & running on chains 4 13 & 14 at least.  The latest official firmware just auto-reboots over & over when it has heartbeat failures so made my T9+ worthless.)  So maybe I'll order a PICKIT 3 and while I wait try hacking away at the source to see if I can get anywhere in the meantime but hoped someone had a working software-only solution already Smiley
Thanks
with pleasure ! trust me I knew these minor very well (to repair and modify them) and the problem comes from the, without any doubt;)
[...]

Hi! actually in the source code there is an error that modifies the "firmware" of the PIC32, this peak precisely manages the tenssion of the chains ... even if you followed the program, this error was inevitable, I was also trapped ! just like dollemizer and the others;)

to my knowledge, only one solution (for the moment), I explain everything here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/repair-a-t9-after-a-bad-firmware-lost-chain-5032987

Wow yeah that surely seems like the same issue.. Thanks for the heads up!  I'll read thru that thread but at 1st glace it seems pretty straight forward but stinks can't flash it with software..  I'll reply to your thread instead of there though. Thanks!
Whenever someone brags with something with a Wink and doesn't show any proof I call bs. Granted I can docker anything.

No problem I understand;) I certify that it's true, free to everyone to believe me or not, it's not only track that out to the public with dev fee, because miner is no longer profitable for me, so I try to survive in this world as I can;) there is absolutely nothing nasty, although I share some of my know how like eco mode for the T9 + for example;) but perssonne does not seem interested lol, friendly;)

[...]

Hi! actually in the source code there is an error that modifies the "firmware" of the PIC32, this peak precisely manages the tenssion of the chains ... even if you followed the program, this error was inevitable, I was also trapped ! just like dollemizer and the others;)

to my knowledge, only one solution (for the moment), I explain everything here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/repair-a-t9-after-a-bad-firmware-lost-chain-5032987
[...]

Code:
set_Voltage_S9_plus_plus_BM1387_54 failed on Chain[1]!

Chain[J3] will use voltage=930 [1] to open core
set_Voltage_S9_plus_plus_BM1387_54 failed on Chain[2]!

i restore original t9+ firmware but what realy happened to my miner

what you think? i try to revert back to original firmware but fails

Anyone ever get their T9+ with this issue fixed? I've been searching without any luck..  My T9+ was working fine on the latest official firmware from bitmain's site but I made the mistake of downloading the source code which I saw was a year old but figured not a big deal since it specifically supports T9+.  I set miner type for T9+ like build instructions say (it defines T9_18 in the header file), CHANGED NOTHING ELSE, built it, uploaded to my T9+, killed the running stock bmminer, & ran my built copy & bam now I got these same "failed on chain"  errors.  I never installed the Dollemizer or taserz firmwares btw.

I had happened to be running the new build in screen session so I could watch what was happening & it was flipping out with those failed on Chain errors then "chain[1] PIC need restore ..." 3x each for each chain in succession but bitmain's dead miner detection kept kicking in mind reflash of the PIC's causing reboots so the process would start all over again.  The problem boards seem to show "Check chain[2] PIC fw version=0xff" vs the working boards seem to show "Check chain[3] PIC fw version=0x90" (ff vs 90). Logs show other things like

Code:
T9+ try get asic num for the 2 time Chain
[J2] has 0 asic
set_reset_allhashboard = 0x00000000

T9+ try get asic num for the 6 time
Chain[J2] has 0 asic
Chain[J4] has no freq in PIC, set default freq=200M
Chain[J4] has no core num in PIC
Chain[J13] has no freq in PIC, set default freq=200M
Chain[J13] has no core num in PIC
Chain[J14] has no freq in PIC, set default freq=200M
Chain[J14] has no core num in PIC

Pretty sure that's not a good sign.. lol  Btw I have them underclocked at 200mhz in conf file.

In between reboots (and hoping the newer factory original bmminer would repair the boards), I renamed the factory bmminer back & upon the next auto reboot the new one ran up but unfortunately as others have found some of my chains are dead/missing still.  Only chains 4 13 & 14 are working so my hash rate is awful. Whopping 1213 GH/s at 200mhz lol

So far I've tried factory reset & flashing the older autotune T9+ stock from bitmain with no luck fixing it. I ended up modding the source code I had downloaded to skip the PIC writes to see if the build at least worked & it does!  Other than Temp(Chip 1) which is normally just - (dash), now shows a negative value like -23 etc which is odd.. Temp(Chip2) shows what appears to be about right for temp. Since I defined T9_18 per the docs it's as if some parts of the code are ignoring that & building for the wrong model or something.. That would explain the PIC errors & corruption as well if that were the case.  

Unfortunately I can't find newer release of the source code to try building that and I can't find the older pre-autotune firmwares to try either so I'm kinda stuck.  I found this thread with multiple people with this error & hoped to find a definitive fix before I tried anything else. I read thru all the posts & didn't see any solutions so any insight on fixing this issue is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
Activity: 306
Merit: 7
So, interestigly on stock settings with autotune, my test miners hash at 14.1TH and draw 1180-1200W at the wall. Thats nice. But thats after Nicehash changed something to their servers so that they actually support asicboost (some time ago).

Any progress on the modded version?
Will you share it?

Whenever someone brags with something with a Wink and doesn't show any proof I call bs. Granted I can docker anything.
Pages:
Jump to: