Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ? - page 5. (Read 1264 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0
I have hold my coins for for less than 3 months and its already gives me more than 50x. But if you wants to earn that amazing profit you need to be at the right coins and the right time. For me, its a luck I guess.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
Maybe if you bought anything from top100 coins on the 12 months ago, you will benefit, but not if you bought it 6 months ago. But we also do not know what will happen 6 months ahead. So buying time is no less important than waiting time, if we expect a serious profit in this field.
Activity: 168
Hold has many types of Hold if you have good trade skills you can increase your coin quantity and if you want to hold you can still hold
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
Try again
If you buy Top5 right now for a year long hodl, I suppose you surely will get some profits. No one can promise they'll be huge, but you can cash out those in the rise and hodl again
Activity: 168
I bought Eos about two months ago, and now at least it has doubled. If for the current situation can generate a good profit, I am sure that at a smaller Altcoin will be a serious profit for investment at 6-12 months.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Maybe in the past you have never experienced selling coins just before the coin exploded.
It's your luck, but if you've experienced it, you'll understand why some people choose to hold their coins longer.
Activity: 546
I think the most important thing right now is to choose the time to buy.
Maybe Neo buyers 12 months ago can answer your questions easily.
But for now, it looks like a 3x increase is already a serious advantage.
Activity: 140
Yes, it is definitely good strategy if you do not have time to trade. In that case you just need choose really good coins with clear roadmap, idea and team, and do enormous research about the company. But the best variant is holding coins from ICO - this stuff definitely will make a good return.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"
I think that the best combination for security of ETH wallet is MEW (or MyCrypto) + Metamask. And I agree that the best way to create so called cold wallets, which you use only for storing some share of your portfolio. And also don't store your keys in a cloud storage, it's better to use a flash drive.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
Yes, you can do serious profits by holding perspective coins for 6-12 month or more. Point is to choose right ICO and invest in it. Also you can sell your tokens before that term if you fell you are satisfied with the growth and it's time to fix your profit.
Activity: 205
Merit: 1
Now everyone is talking about profits for 2017, but in 2018 there is no such growth of coins, it is necessary to understand which coins are hodling and which ones to sell.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
Yeah, hodling is actually pretty hard.

What happens is that people get so excited about their investments that they end up checking prices and volume everyday.
That can quickly turn into obsession as you check coinmarketcap and bitcointalk many times throughout the day.

Since crypto is so volatile, you end up seeing the value of your investments going up and down and it can affect you very easily.
You then end up making a hasty decision and selling earlier than you planned.

If you want to hodl long term, you have to really look at the market in the long term.
Take a look at coinmarketcap from just one year ago, and you will see just how far crypto has come.
We still have a long ways to go as the market is still really young.

So if you put your investments into just 3 stable, worthwhile projects (projects that have a working product, offer a real world solution, etc.) than you are sure to make great profits a year from now.

You just need to manage how much you let news affect you.
Activity: 226
Merit: 10
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
I plan to keep all my tokens for at least a year. While several months have passed and it's too early to talk about the results
Activity: 518
I had hodled a coin around 6-12 months and did make profits out of it but sad thing was that I was not able to withdraw them and kept them in bitcoin instead. It was one of the poor decision I made before and the coin now is worth a quarter of how much it was worth then.
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 2
It's also much easier to hold if you're still in the green even after a 70% loss. E.g. most people who bought before May last year.
Activity: 910
Merit: 263
Some people says hodl is the best way to make big profit. I am not a good hodler. I just hodl genesis vision for 3 months and made 3x profit but the other I always sell in a week or 10 days. Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?
You can open the site Coinmarketcap and study the schedules of many projects. You can see that almost all good projects have grown in a year. It is also important at what time to watch the price. Those who held assets since January 2017, in January 2018 received a huge profit.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
I have! I think the market situation play more important role also to successfully holding to profit! Holding your coin is still the prefect strategy for realizing impressive gain in the future,
Activity: 563
Merit: 101
At one point I could have bought two Dacia Dusters (brand new matching for me and my partner), and those days are long gone! Now I am poor.
Activity: 484
Merit: 124
Personally I try to invest on it rather than short term trading because bitcoin value especially altcoin is totally unpredictable !
I can prove you by seeing bitcoin graph from year to year scale, you will see the increment just by holding.

So yeah.. I felt regret to sold cheap for them all in the past !
copper member
Activity: 658
Trying to pick projects i believe in on the long term and keep adding to my stack. to add some excitement to the otherwise boring hodling game i buy some lowcaps from time to time.
Pages:
Jump to: