Pages:
Author

Topic: [April fools] New new rank requirements - page 2. (Read 11583 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 2
Oh wow, this was an April fools joke. Completely unexpected, since it involved modifying the code for the whole forum.  Cheesy

I'm glad it was an April fools, because it was just too complicated.
Activity: 476
Merit: 14
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
Shitposters should be ignore by all members in the forum before they change the way they spread information (threads) in the forum.
I don't support the idea to put users to Ignore list immediately to see their shits.
The reason is sometime, good users (pariticularly newcomers) can unintentionally post shit threads because they are lack of knowledge, experience. They should have chance to improve. If uses put them in Ignore list, they might miss the opportunity to see evolved shitposters (gradually become more constructive, more knowledgeable over time).
That's how poorly people around here think of shitposters and of the typical quality of posts in general--they'd rather give merits to someone who absolutely does not need them than to garbage shitposters.  While I certainly don't agree with that (nor would I give Theymos or Satoshi merits), I can understand the frustration involved. 

sMerit should be rewarded to only deserved members in the forum (constructive ones).
It's a total waste of sMerits and there certainly are people more in need of merits who make posts good enough to earn them. 
Activity: 280
Merit: 106
I hope this merit te is a joke Tongue, because it is very difficult to jump the rank.

in fact the polite & smerit could have been nice,

Who is sending merit to who?

no one Sad

Yeah I find it difficult too, will probably be years before I rank up again haha. Oh well, made it this far at least.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
If people have sent sMerits to theymos to reward him for the quality of the joke, then why not. We could argue that generally it makes zero sense to send sMerits to theymos, since he is the top sMerits creator and as such the very one in the forum who absolutely doesn't need to receive them
That's how poorly people around here think of shitposters and of the typical quality of posts in general--they'd rather give merits to someone who absolutely does not need them than to garbage shitposters.  While I certainly don't agree with that (nor would I give Theymos or Satoshi merits), I can understand the frustration involved.  It's a total waste of sMerits and there certainly are people more in need of merits who make posts good enough to earn them.  

Your comments above just smack of juvenile jealousy, however.  You're both going on ignore.

I am doing the same thing just put every beggar and authors of sophisticated scam (posts written only to get merits) on ignore. I have to add that this feature is great and should be widely used especially in merit era to avoid losing time on shitposters and pure spammers. In my first 4 years on BTT I have not ignored anybody and in last 4 months, 70 people deserved this privilege. I don't know how much more members I will have to ignore until the time spent reading this forum will be so valuable as a few years ago.
Activity: 504
Merit: 297
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
+1 for the post @The Pharmacist.

All the juniors, and newbies who complain about the current system, (Which I don't really like either), could be far more productive by trying to create entertaining, informative, or otherwise valuable content, instead of whining about "why wasn't my post chosen?".

We don't need more posts, here. We need more quality posts.

To the guys complaining about nobody sending merit: I send merit.
When I have it, and see people with posts that deserve it.
But I'll never send to someone who whines in comment sections about how they are so much more worthy than someone else who did get merit.

You want merit? Go write something meritable.
Rank is a privilege, not a right. You have to earn it.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
If people have sent sMerits to theymos to reward him for the quality of the joke, then why not. We could argue that generally it makes zero sense to send sMerits to theymos, since he is the top sMerits creator and as such the very one in the forum who absolutely doesn't need to receive them
That's how poorly people around here think of shitposters and of the typical quality of posts in general--they'd rather give merits to someone who absolutely does not need them than to garbage shitposters.  While I certainly don't agree with that (nor would I give Theymos or Satoshi merits), I can understand the frustration involved.  It's a total waste of sMerits and there certainly are people more in need of merits who make posts good enough to earn them. 

Your comments above just smack of juvenile jealousy, however.  You're both going on ignore.
Activity: 1664
Merit: 271
I hope this merit te is a joke Tongue, because it is very difficult to jump the rank.

in fact the polite & smerit could have been nice,

Who is sending merit to who?

no one Sad
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
I'm just jealous of theymos, he made a stupid joke thread but a lot of that gave him a merit hmmmm Huh.... I do not beg, but why Sad ..... next I'll make a stupid joke thread. surely i will be banned by theymos haha Cheesy
Activity: 179
Merit: 0
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
I think this surprise can make many people surprised and asked questions  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
Ironic that nullius' last post was on April 1st in this thread.

'Tis interesting.
I did try to bait him for a response with my *cough*alia*cough* comment, but alas, no response.  Sad

I ain't missing you, nullius
..... or am I?  Huh
Activity: 238
Merit: 49
Great joke. Now rid us of the trust and merit systems, please.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
 Grin Grin Grin you got me there...
im such a fool right now
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
A lot of users now are laughing not because it is an april fools prank but the burdens were not true. I shocked also when I noticed that the new rank system are suddenly gone to the thread I am reading.
A while ago, I am thinking on what are the combination numbers to rank up. I thought also that there are algorithms used in order to calculate the new rank requirements till I came to the point that I will not rank up anymore. But then, I am very thankful that it is just a prank. A discouraging ranking system turns to a joke! Those who complained, you may now celebrate!
P.S. It might be prank as of now, but it may come true in the near future.
Many users were commenting yesterday and though claiming it to be a joke but I was seeing a fear behind their statements.  A new tough measure to pass for higher ranking.  Haa haa but many were showing them to be normal but in reality they were not.
I was happy with new system and took it seriously.  I was seeing it as opportunity to rank up.  But  Grin  such a big joke.

I hereby propose the addition of a new Humour score.  Unlike activity and merit points, humour points can be lost for humourlessness, literal-mindedness, broken sarcasm detectors, inability to grasp satire, or employment at a humourless alphabet-soup agency.

Humour will not affect rank.  However, those with zero or negative humour scores shall have their signatures displayed upside-down and backwards.  Also, such persons should carry a warning beneath their usernames:  “Jest with extreme caution.”

This is a serious idea.  @theymos, please implement it!

I was surprised (and laughing) at how many people took this seriously. I thought that this was way more obvious than last year, but I guess not.

A paid sarcasm shill once warned me about this sort of thing.

P.S., Dr. Cerimon shall must needs advise on how best to program the forum software to distinguish between good and ill humours.

Ironic that nullius' last post was on April 1st in this thread.
vip
Those were the good ole days like when Atlas tried to commit suicide and I sent the police to his home to make sure he's okay.

I also called his local police when he did that, but they basically blew me off. Did you actually convince them to visit him?

Surprised nobody pointed out the pointless bit shifting in that equation Wink

I did write it that way in part to be more confusing, but it's not pointless; 1<<10 is 2^10. It restricts the result to the 10-bit space of the game-of-life board.

Yes, theymos. Taxing my memory, either I called the Texas PD to follow up or they contacted me shortly thereafter to let me know all is well. I say taxing my memory because I may have the particulars mixed up with another suicide episode on this board where I was able to call the person in question's local PD where it may have been that case were follow-up was made (if not both).

Speaking of Atlas, he called me close to two years ago from Australia just to say hey. Just small talk during the convo.
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
Those were the good ole days like when Atlas tried to commit suicide and I sent the police to his home to make sure he's okay.

I also called his local police when he did that, but they basically blew me off. Did you actually convince them to visit him?

I did write it that way in part to be more confusing, but it's not pointless; 1<<10 is 2^10. It restricts the result to the 10-bit space of the game-of-life board.
copper member
Activity: 103
Merit: 7
vip
Gotcha! Smiley I knew it from the very start that it was a BIG JOKE.
though Thymus is so smart and creative doing this stuff. Cool

That was great I mean we all fooled by theymos and it's not impossible because we always take seriously whatever theymos implemented. I really thought this will be another requirements to rank up because actually that's too many to meet. Grin

He really catch us tho.

theymos has been known to trick us on April Fool's day over the past few years. He's also been known to expel tricksters from our midst --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/attention-bitcoin-bbs-45298 (NOW THAT WAS FUNNY !!!).

Haha if that's the case then I should be ready every first of April and remind myself that theymos is playing again. Grin
Thanks for digging up the link I enjoyed reading and found myself smiling like an idiot. ROFL!

Your welcome, bud.

Activity: 456
Merit: 100
Gotcha! Smiley I knew it from the very start that it was a BIG JOKE.
though Thymus is so smart and creative doing this stuff. Cool

That was great I mean we all fooled by theymos and it's not impossible because we always take seriously whatever theymos implemented. I really thought this will be another requirements to rank up because actually that's too many to meet. Grin

He really catch us tho.

theymos has been known to trick us on April Fool's day over the past few years. He's also been known to expel tricksters from our midst --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/attention-bitcoin-bbs-45298 (NOW THAT WAS FUNNY !!!).

Haha if that's the case then I should be ready every first of April and remind myself that theymos is playing again. Grin
Thanks for digging up the link I enjoyed reading and found myself smiling like an idiot. ROFL!
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Everything was better in 2011, including trolls. Except Bitcoin. I like it more now.
Pages:
Jump to: