Pages:
Author

Topic: [April fools] New new rank requirements - page 4. (Read 11583 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Theymos sure is one of the most creative forum admins.  Grin

How many forum admins have you ranked on their creativity?  Tongue
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Good April Fools joke!! wonder how long it took you to set that up hahah
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
There were some accusations about a few DT1-2 accounts as bought accounts by the ~Cat and the friends. why are you acting like a bought account? cough QS bought this account cough. why are people saying one thing but are doing something else? is merit one of the seven keys of the quest by the gods? cough revealing our true nature cough?

Let me guess, you are not going to disclose any proof of your claims? 100 fuckMerits for you and -42 Karma points for being Quicksy's buttlicker.

I am? QS accused DT1 members who had included Lauda to be bought accounts and shills. then he said this:
- Virtue was the edit distance between your name and "Lauda". Wink
In other words, you believe that Lauda has no morals. Interesting...

And ibminer said this:
Since it was technically a joke, I probably shouldn't read too much into this, however, this means Lauda would have ended up with 0 for virtue and have been the lowest member of virtue on the forum. Interesting?

Both of them were interested about what theymos thinks about Lauda. I could think of one person interested enough about what theymos thinks about Lauda a.k.a QS. I could think of one person who'd be willing to spend a lot of money to hurt the ~Cat.
I believe the ~Cat has enemies who'd be willing to buy DT1-2 accounts to use them against her.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
Since it was technically a joke, I probably shouldn't read too much into this, however, this means Lauda would have ended up with 0 for virtue and have been the lowest member of virtue on the forum. Interesting?

I don't think there is anything to read into this other than theymos having some fun.

Virtue
This is an upright, God-fearing community which will suffer no witchcraft or other heresy. This stat measures your moral virtue. Warning: those with low virtue may be visited by the holy inquisition.

The reference to witchcraft comes from nullius's joke thread Lauda is a WITCH, who cast an evil spell on me! BURN THE WITCH

Quite a few people noticed that Lauda had zero virtue but I don't think any of us twigged that we were all measured as how far away we were from Lauda despite the witchcraft clue we were given.
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
I wish this has lasted a week or so to sprout more threads of disappointment and disapproval from members who want to rank up. I guess I was late, and have not seen what was the joke all about. LOL

Activity: 37
Oh, this was an April fools joke. Too bad I missed it and so had no effect on me. Hopefully next year there will be another.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
See I was right. I am genious  Tongue
Activity: 575
Merit: 268
Changing the game
OMG,  you got me sir,  I was confused and asking around what is this and no one can answer after a few hours later one of my friend sent me this link.
Happy April fool sir,  for you and your family.

The more appropriate word is April Shocking, and I was also seriously yesterday with the discourse in this thread, and I was ready to use the word Sir, Please LOL
Activity: 229
Merit: 10
OMG,  you got me sir,  I was confused and asking around what is this and no one can answer after a few hours later one of my friend sent me this link.
Happy April fool sir,  for you and your family.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
What a crap! Not funny at all Theymos Angry
I am new here, is it normal for every year to post such jokes?

Nope this is the first time ever, I'm sure it won' happen again next year or the torches will break out! Cheesy

Yes.  We should demand that theymos has to follow through with implementation of the "new new" rank system that he announced or to implement some close approximation, including possibly a "new new new" rank system, or otherwise solemnly and sincerely pinky agree to never, ever, ever, ever again try to April fool forum peeps.  

Angry Angry    Think of the impact on the innocent, theymos....    Furthermore, April fools' must be uninvented.   Angry Angry Angry
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
Finally, they have gone (Politeness, fmerits, virtue, karma, imagination) but they can come back (some of them), can't they?
I believe some day in the future, Theymos, forum admin, will launch new rank requirements (which will be implemented, not joke) which have new set of items, including some items in April the first. It might be interesting to see it happen.
As we all know, merit system should and have to be adjusted somehow. Therefore, changes will happen. Let's wait for it.
Thanks Theymos for big joke, really funny.
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
What a crap! Not funny at all Theymos Angry
I am new here, is it normal for every year to post such jokes?

Nope this is the first time ever, I'm sure it won' happen again next year or the torches will break out! Cheesy

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
Ohh, You've actually nailed it even if this really annoys me. Wondering what was this stats coming out from my status. Was looking for answer yesterday now that I realize that I was fooled, I should have known better.

Hmm i personally think that you should atleast get a karma. I am asking this politely please?(LoL). Anyways be it but still I was quitely annoyed while laughing at the same time
legendary
Turned out to be an April fool’s joke 🙂, at least i learned something new and never heard of it before (Conway's Game of Life)

I am glad that this whole "new new" rank requirements ended up being a joke - because when I first noticed the new status indicators below my username, I thought "shit, I am going to have a lot of reading to do in order to attempt to figure these out."   hahahahahha... Great.  The teacher removed the homework assignment.   Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
There were some accusations about a few DT1-2 accounts as bought accounts by the ~Cat and the friends. why are you acting like a bought account? cough QS bought this account cough. why are people saying one thing but are doing something else? is merit one of the seven keys of the quest by the gods? cough revealing our true nature cough?

Let me guess, you are not going to disclose any proof of your claims? 100 fuckMerits for you and -42 Karma points for being Quicksy's buttlicker.
legendary

Could you let me to take your place in "New new rank requirements" and you could keep "New rank requirements" for yourself?

I am feeling like the hippo right now.

Activity: 132
Lol, this was a good joke. I was shocked last night when i read this, but then i remembered that it was the first of April. Sir Grin you definitely got me for a bit there! It kinda didn't even make sense when I was reading through the stuff that is written. Good jokes guys! Cheesy
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
haha nice prank, it didnt came to mind yesterday that indeed it is a prank. Nicely done  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
Not to sound condescending, but it was somewhat obvious that the stats were related to April fools, and very entertaining seeing some of the replies here.

Good news is, I have the same amount of virtue as theymos.
Bad news is, I'm apparently not polite enough  Huh

Can you help me occupy my brain? Grin
Looking back, my post is even more humorous now that I know how politeness/virtue were actually being calculated.  Cheesy

- Politeness was how many times you used "please", "sir", "pardon", "apprecia*", "may I", "thanks", and "thank you" in past posts. This is poking a bit of fun at the people who are unnecessarily polite like this.
Why poke fun at politeness?  The world would be better off with more of it. The only keyword I may agree with to poke fun at here is "Sir" Smiley
Please, Sir, pardon my politeness, but may I be the first to say that a thanks is in order? .. because this was very much appreciated.. thank you.  Cool

All in all, this was fun and entertaining.

Gleb/Phinnaeus wins the award for best Bitcointalker overall! Smiley
And congratulations to Gleb, well deserved!  Cheesy

Now, Sir, to honor you... we shall hoist you up on our shoulders in a pink tutu and parade you around the forum.
(Don't get too excited nullius, I do not believe he does erotic skype sessions. *cough*alia*cough*)  Wink

I've seen plenty of accusations about Lauda having alts, in general, but I've never seen a valid accusation about Lauda owning DT1 or 2 accounts so I'm not sure wtf you are talking about.

And how exactly am I acting like a "bought account"?
I'm the one and only human behind this account since its creation, so I hope you have something to back up your flawed intuition?
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
When you see something like fMerit, then one should know it was a prank, especially on April first. However, I am glad that it was conducted, shows that at least the voices of many (the ones who feel injustice with regards to the merit system) are being heard. Maybe out of this prank, so new ideas can come up to give more visibility or opportunity to lower ranking members.
Pages:
Jump to: