Pages:
Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 55. (Read 395740 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

You would have to analyze/decompile the minergate binaries and prove that it does something suspicious. It's also probable that some other infection in your system is the culprit. I hope that eventually there is support for Ardor and Ignis from one of the major bitcoin hardware wallet providers. That would solve the theft problem. In the meantime what you can do to protect yourself is run the wallet software on Linux within a virtual environment (Vmware, Virtualbox). Also make sure your wallet passphrase is sufficiently strong and always clear your computer's clipboard if you copy/paste your passphrase. You can google how to do this. Whatever you copy remains in your computer's clipboard until you restart the machine.

Security is always the biggest "Achilles's heel" with crypto. We are in the early stages of the crypto revolution and as always all revolutions are messy and it always leaves a pile of victims behind.

Gotta say what bugs me about Ardor is that there is no way to set up a 2FA for the wallet. That sucks, in particular if you have a lot of coins like that unfortunate fella. In Crypto, you cannot be neurotic enough, and even then you could fall into a trap

There is account control straight in the core: http://nxtwiki.org/wiki/Account_Control

If I set this up for the ARDOR wallet will it allow it to forge?

Sure. Account control has no relation to forging, it's a multisig on blockchain, no 3rd party involved.

Exchanges say the trade of ardor will open till everything ok. When ?
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
First newsly of the year
https://www.nxter.org/nxt-news-january-2018-i/

Enjoy the read

Thanks for the news this is great to hear! ARDOR blockchain is online! Can't wait to see new projects born on the child chain of Ardor!
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

You would have to analyze/decompile the minergate binaries and prove that it does something suspicious. It's also probable that some other infection in your system is the culprit. I hope that eventually there is support for Ardor and Ignis from one of the major bitcoin hardware wallet providers. That would solve the theft problem. In the meantime what you can do to protect yourself is run the wallet software on Linux within a virtual environment (Vmware, Virtualbox). Also make sure your wallet passphrase is sufficiently strong and always clear your computer's clipboard if you copy/paste your passphrase. You can google how to do this. Whatever you copy remains in your computer's clipboard until you restart the machine.

Security is always the biggest "Achilles's heel" with crypto. We are in the early stages of the crypto revolution and as always all revolutions are messy and it always leaves a pile of victims behind.

Gotta say what bugs me about Ardor is that there is no way to set up a 2FA for the wallet. That sucks, in particular if you have a lot of coins like that unfortunate fella. In Crypto, you cannot be neurotic enough, and even then you could fall into a trap

There is account control straight in the core: http://nxtwiki.org/wiki/Account_Control

Sure. Account control has no relation to forging, it's a multisig on blockchain, no 3rd party involved.
Activity: 394
Merit: 104
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
How do you know for sure that you are on the mainnet and not the testnet?
I'm asking because the checkbox under "Device Settings" was checked even tough I specified that I wanted to use the mainnet during the wallet installation process...I have been able to send 1 ARDR to someone on this forum, so it must be OK.

I having a similar problem. I can't log into my Ardor account because it says I'm connected to the testnet, despite the fact that I specifically chose no to the testnet.

You installed on windows? Check your nxt.properties file in the conf directory. In there can also be a line that  activates testnet.
Try maybe deleting(or temporarily renaming) the file, and see if it helps.
Activity: 257
Merit: 252
I have to say that using Ardor has not been a pleasure. Might have to waste time installing Windows on a virtual machine to see if that helps.
Activity: 257
Merit: 252
How do you know for sure that you are on the mainnet and not the testnet?
I'm asking because the checkbox under "Device Settings" was checked even tough I specified that I wanted to use the mainnet during the wallet installation process...I have been able to send 1 ARDR to someone on this forum, so it must be OK.

I having a similar problem. I can't log into my Ardor account because it says I'm connected to the testnet, despite the fact that I specifically chose no to the testnet.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
ARDOR, a coin project from the NXT future, is also great, but it can't be divided into a fire chain and only in the future money purse. The fire chain may be very strong in the future, and free chips can consider how to do it!
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Is it possible to put a color on these coins so that they can not be spent?

ARDOR-HKCS-V6N8-FH7T-A3SLF 

Those are my coins that Minergate hacked my computer and stole. 

Account ID:   ARDOR-HKCS-V6N8-FH7T-A3SLF
Numeric Account ID:   9712859053552026968
Balance:   113,028 ARDR
Available Balance:   113,028 ARDR
Guaranteed Balance:   0 ARDR
Effective Balance:   0 ARDR
Forged Balance:   0 ARDR
Public Key:   d6e73da0c6098f4547e71225a2989697c6c2bdd0a6770d31a59e6879e850af0d
Account QR Code:   

Passphrase QR Code:   
Passphrase Not Available
Paper Wallet:   Print

fuck!

but why do you think it was minergate?

I KNOW it was minergate.  They are the ones who put a virus on my computer.   They put keylogger on and they knew I was on to them and they stole my coins while I was at work. 

I doubt that anything can be done, but just maybe Jelurida can flag those coins if you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt (this would probably involve official legal proof like from a judge).

And how the hell would I do that?

That is above my skill level.  Whatever the infection it is self replicating.  You remove it then you scan and it comes back.  It started with minergate.  Maybe it was the removal tool I used.  Who knows?  If Minergate had been simple to remove then we would not be having this conversation.     
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

Account QR Code:   

Passphrase QR Code:   
Passphrase Not Available

fuck!

I KNOW it was minergate.  They are the ones who put a virus on my computer.   They put keylogger on and they knew I was on to them and they stole my coins while I was at work. 

I doubt that anything can be done, but just maybe Jelurida can flag those coins if you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt (this would probably involve official legal proof like from a judge).

I would say that the crypto experiment has failed.  Not because my coins were stolen with a simple key logger, but because there is no honor in the crypto space.  The internet seems to bring out the best and worst in people.  Money or the idea of money brings out the worst in people.   The idea of decentralization would be admirable if it were accompanied by honorable users.  Money and honor can not co-exist apparently.  So what do you end up with?  A club of users hoarding coins, thinking those coins are worth something simply because a small minority of users are willing to trade a small minority of the coins for an inflated value.  The truth is that if everyone decided not to trade then we would see the real value of these coins which is ZERO.  The only thing required to give the coin value is some sucker to trade his coins for value and now all of the sudden the entire network suddenly has value.   I'm not trying to spread FUD about crypto.  Crypto is not the problem.  People are the problem. As long as people are willing to act dishonorably then Crypto will fail.  ARDR is a good coin but at the end of the day it is just a computer software program that took a year or two to code.  It is not worth a billion dollars.  Maybe it is some coder's pet project, their baby.  That is admirable. The talent is admirable. But if users put that kind of price tag on a software network of thieves then they deserve to get scammed IMHO.  So what?  My 113,000 coins had perceived value.  Not to me.  I know their true worth.  Zero, because I choose zero.   

Word to the wise.  If you want to be rich, then read a book, or go outside and go hiking.  Get away from the computer.  Wealth is in the mind.   Kiss  Kiss Kiss

Good-bye!!!

Account QR Code:   

Passphrase QR Code:   
Passphrase Not Available

fuck!

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

Account QR Code:   

Passphrase QR Code:   
Passphrase Not Available

fuck!

Account QR Code:   

Passphrase QR Code:   
Passphrase Not Available

fuck!

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi guys, I did my homework. In the ARDOR wallet I found my ARDR plus my IGNIS. In the NXT wallet I have my NXT and the same amount of ARDR I had at the snapshot time.
According to the airdrop rules everything is ok. Why I still have half of the ARDR in the NXT wallet? Should I move them in the ARDOR wallet? How can I do that?

Thanks in advance!

It's not that you have half of the ARDR in the Nxt account. The ARDR in the Nxt account is the amount you had at the time of the snapshot, last December 28. That snapshot rewarded you with the same amount of ARDR main net tokens as ARDR assets you had in your Nxt account.

The ARDR assets in Nxt blockchain are now frozen after the snapshot. They cannot be traded, just stay there as a mirror of the Ardor genesis block. All the ARDR value you have has now moved to the Ardor blockchain.

Thanks guys, my mistake. I misunderstood this from Jelurida:

ARDR distribution
The ARDR coin distribution will be 100% based on ARDR asset balances (asset id: 12422608354438203866) from the Nxt blockchain, in 1:1 ratio, with each user account automatically receiving the same number of ARDR coins on the Ardor platform as the number of ARDR tokens they have at the time of the snapshot.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

Account QR Code:   

Passphrase QR Code:   
Passphrase Not Available

fuck!

Account QR Code:   

Passphrase QR Code:   
Passphrase Not Available