Pages:
Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 88. (Read 395743 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Oh, ok lol - 10 million now.
Whale-bite Wink
Activity: 252
A little heads up: After the first two rounds were all sold out within the hour... now with the 3rd round (sub-round 3 or round 3 to be preciset) there are 16 million coins left in the sale offer. So it's easier to get this time.

Either download the wallet (most secure way... you can get the nxt blockchain here), and use the "Ignis Token Sale" button, or do it via the Nxt lightwallet.

On Thursday will be the last sub-round with the current price of 0.76 NXT per IGNIS. Next round is 1.05.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
This platform is a darkhorse. Ardor slowly inches its way to realization of Blockchain-as-a-Service platform. In the future its compatibility with ERC20 tokens will have a leverage over other platforms that is offering BaaS.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
I am dealing with Ardor at the moment and some question arose. I would be grateful if someone could answer.
First of all, can Ardor be seen as a real competitor to Ethereum in the way of scaling and smart contracts? When I understood correctly, Ardor will allow to create Dapps. Will the Dapps be run on their own sidechain and can they deployed on the main chain? Which language will be available to create Dapps (Java, Javascript, an own programming language as Solidity)?

At first, Ethereum do not have scaling solution. Nxt do not have smart contracts, instead it has smart transactions (phased), which are some kind of templates for some special conditions are met.
Ardor will have child chains (not sidechains, more you can read here: https://www.jelurida.com/child-chains-and-side-chains). Child chains will have own token, all features Nxt has now and all API.
Arodr main chain will be used only for whole platform securing (forging), not much will happen here, while all action will be on child chains.
I'm not a developer. but there are planty of API to deal with Ardor blockchain, so any language, dealing with API requests, can be used. You can check available Ardor testnet API's at https://ardor.jelurida.com/test

A good explanation, look forward to Ardor platform release. Bought some coins, Ardor has good prospects to be a successful and popular platform to many new child chains.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
NXT is like a good brand name, shouldn't there be more of a connection in the name of ARDR. I'm reading this thread and it just feels like something negatives. Just my thoughts on someone who hasn't been following NXT and ARDR.
as someone else who has followed NXT since nov 2013, im right there with you.  i really wish they have somehow referenced NXT in there somewhere, somehow.  oh well
Activity: 394
Merit: 104
Click the pic to join the latest newsletter, contribute to spread the word Grin

dx5
Activity: 303
Merit: 251
NXT is like a good brand name, shouldn't there be more of a connection in the name of ARDR. I'm reading this thread and it just feels like something negatives. Just my thoughts on someone who hasn't been following NXT and ARDR.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
I am dealing with Ardor at the moment and some question arose. I would be grateful if someone could answer.
First of all, can Ardor be seen as a real competitor to Ethereum in the way of scaling and smart contracts? When I understood correctly, Ardor will allow to create Dapps. Will the Dapps be run on their own sidechain and can they deployed on the main chain? Which language will be available to create Dapps (Java, Javascript, an own programming language as Solidity)?

At first, Ethereum do not have scaling solution. Nxt do not have smart contracts, instead it has smart transactions (phased), which are some kind of templates for some special conditions are met.
Ardor will have child chains (not sidechains, more you can read here: https://www.jelurida.com/child-chains-and-side-chains). Child chains will have own token, all features Nxt has now and all API.
Arodr main chain will be used only for whole platform securing (forging), not much will happen here, while all action will be on child chains.
I'm not a developer. but there are planty of API to deal with Ardor blockchain, so any language, dealing with API requests, can be used. You can check available Ardor testnet API's at https://ardor.jelurida.com/test
Activity: 322
Activity: 532
Merit: 327
True, Ardor has potential. Lets see what happens after October tho. The price will go up fo sure.
Activity: 924
Merit: 556
Thank you, I welcome this kind of article. It is always difficult to get information on how projects differ from each other. The article shows that Ardor is an overwhelming competitor to many other projects and is therefore significantly undervalued. For investors with less technical knowledge, this is a great way to inform yourself. I hope you will compare other projects with Ardor as well.

Ardor vs the competition

1st in this new article series: LISK
https://www.nxter.org/ardor-vs-competition-pt-1-lisk/

You can get a free blog on nxter.org, contact us with serious proposals on nxter.org or DM me. Bounties for frontpage content.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
usually if ARDR increases NXT demand will follow ARDR, the increase usually starts from but this time is not.
Trading transaction volume is also more ARDR than NXT.
why in the last few days ARDR is superior to NXT ?

It's simple: You will get gradually less Ignis for every NXT. From 0.4 NXT in the first round the IGNIS ICO price has already risen to 0.76 NXT in the third. So the Ignis/NXT ratio is going up, and NXT/Ignis, in consequence, goes down. NXT/Ignis is now at 1.31, and it will go further down to 0.5 until the snapshot, where you get 1 Ignis for 2 NXT. 

Also, the developers are selling the NXT collected in the ICO.

ARDR is not affected by this, because it was already distributed and has a static supply of 1 billion. So the ARDR/NXT exchange rate is projected to go up.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
It was my first contact with digital currency,I derived considerable wealth from here
A low-key, steady, practical, worthy of long-term pursuit
Activity: 644
Merit: 262
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
usually if ARDR increases NXT demand will follow ARDR, the increase usually starts from but this time is not.
Trading transaction volume is also more ARDR than NXT.
why in the last few days ARDR is superior to NXT ?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Regular users won't have to deal with or see Ardor. All the fancy Nxt features will be on Ignis.
And with a basic transaction fee of 10 Ardor, trading Ardor on-chain will be rather expensive.

10 Ardor as a transaction fee is high. For executing transaction in the blockchain, hodlers or rather forgers of Ardor will be making hay with this set up . So much profitable if you ask me.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Its a no go in poloniex, NXT holder is going to wait for the distribution and it has no estimated date as well.

this  coin is  still at 60  cent if  I am   not  wrong...why? 
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
For those who are interested in Ignis ICO, taken from www.jelurida.com/ico :

The first and second rounds are now sold out! 140 M JLRDA total were sold and 68 M NXT collected. Thank you all for your contribution!

The third round of the crowdsale will be divided into 4 offers of 25 M JLRDA each, all priced at 1 JLRDA for 0.76 NXT. These will be released according to the following time schedule:

Sat, Sep 9th between 06:45 - 07:15 UTC
Sun, Sep 10th between 18:45 - 19:15 UTC
Tue, Sep 12th between 06:45 - 07:15 UTC
Thu, Sep 14th between 18:45 - 19:15 UTC

The exact time within each 30 minute interval will be decided randomly. Jelurida reserves the right to modify the above schedule in case of circumstances beyond its control.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
I made a speculation thread for anyone who is interested.  Really excited about Ardor!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2156522.new#new

That is pure beauty! Thanks!

I hope you will be as right you were with the other altcoin threads  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I made a speculation thread for anyone who is interested.  Really excited about Ardor!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2156522.new#new
Pages:
Jump to: