Pages:
Author

Topic: Are Altcoins just as important as Bitcoin? - page 7. (Read 588 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 11
For me altcoins are just created just to give bitcoin some good market,how would bitcoin survive without these altcoins? there will be no trading if theres no altcoins existing.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
altcoin is very important besides bitcoin, I believe if altcoin could be a threat to bitcoin where altcoin now has various types and also varying prices. so altcoin will definitely be very important and the world of cryptocurrency.
Altcoin would be some other way for me of earnings aside of bitcoin. But seeing it important as bitcoin will not be preferable for me, to think that bitcoin is rolling its own way and making some progress the way they supposed. And alt for me is just other way that people would not be bored on focussing bitcoin only. Its just a diversion of some people who has easily bored of something repeatedly.
Activity: 756
Merit: 16
We All Can Make It
Generalizing altcoins doesn't help because shitcoins are also altcoins;  Ethereum, EOS, BCH, XRP, NEO, etc can be as important as Bitcoin while there are those that can never be on the same level with Bitcoin.
Activity: 182
Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018
Alts are morelikely useless if these new coins doesnt improve or resolved what bitcoin's shortcomings are,i wont be going to stick with these altcoins for long term.
Activity: 252
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Obviously most altcoin has no practical USES, so altcoin is of little value to me.
I only recognize the value of bitcoin.
Activity: 314
Merit: 1
Bitcoin has reigned in the crypto market for quite a longer period of time and has gained a significant value which cannot be underestimated. However, its superiority over the other altcoins cannot render these altcoins valueless. Altcoin is equally important as bitcoin though the price of bitcoin is quite higher than the altcoin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
After invention of crypto system by BTC many coins come in market and these coins wants to compete with btc and the price of the bitcoin is very high in the market and this price may be double in future so the best way to invest in crypto market is now and this is the proper time to invest your money in crypto market because of its usefulness.
Activity: 364
The answer is simple - basically Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency, where all of the alts are depending on it as the most important stimuli, alts will not ever be greater Bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
Well, it would be interesting if everything is going to go so wrong and will change as none of us were expected and they will overtake Bitcoin. Probably it might happen. 
Activity: 602
Merit: 259
I think we can say that bitcoin is ideal image for everything that came afterwards that is altcoins. The bitcoin is only centre point of all things, as it formed first so it gave the idea of independent blockchain like ETH and then formation of smart contracts and all the stuff that we already now know.

However, altcoins are very much important and they form internal part of the whole system now. They are also responsible for fluctuations of Bitcoin prices and vice versa is also true for altcoins.

The system has formed a perfect sphere and bitcoin lies at the centre of everything. According to me there is no such thing as to which one is more important. Today we work with BTC as well as ALTS whenever the time and situation is right!
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
I don't think there are specifications in which people would eventually switch their bitcoin to alternate coins not unless bitcoins does not hold value anymore and people do not have any choice but to switch to altcoins instead of bitcoin. But it is entirely up to you if you feel like switching too,or if you feel like bitcoin is not worth anything to you anymore.
Activity: 132
Only coins that are backed by very worthwhile projects, such as Ethereum, are important.
Activity: 80
Except for Bitcoin accidents, other encryptions are equally important, and their existence is interrelated. If there is no other cryptocurrency, Bitcoin will not be so expensive.
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
Having competition is important for the development of any ecosystem. The topic is broad and can be viewed from many angles.
Firstly, we can't put all altcoins in one bucket, because most of them don't strive to compete with Bitcoin.
I can say altscoins striving to be currencies are important, because some of them are providing different functionalities than Bitcoin and features that Bitcoin doesn't have for now.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem
In any ecosystem, be it in nature or business, there is always a competition. And most often than not, the best always rises to the top. And here in our crypto ecosystem, a competition do also exist. Between Bitcoin and Altcoin. We all very well known that bitcoin, being the first and most proven cryptocurrency already took the center stage in crypto market. Now that altcoins came into the picture, where does it really stands? What will be the selling point of altcoin that will eventually led the bitcoin enthusiasts to finally switch places?

I think no. We all known that bitcoin now is still center of attraction of those who wants to invest, in sone cases that they don't have enough money to buy coins or they also want to hold many coins because they believe that the more the merrier so that altcoins is also one of the choices of investor.
Activity: 364
I think that altkoins in general are even more important than bitcoin. Bitcoin - it's still just a universal crypto currency without any specific functions. Altkoins, almost everyone has exactly the specific functions. In general, they greatly improve the quality of our lives, making it comfortable and comfortable. In addition, some altcoins have even better overall functional properties than bitcoin.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
Of course they are equally important. Its an innovative technology with every project serving a unique purpose and in no way lesser or more important than the other.
Activity: 238
Merit: 38
It is very important that the Altcoins be supported by real products. Many developers create coins without a certain idea.

You need to have real products to integrate with payments and smart protocols for fast and cheap transactions

It depends what you are looking to achive. Some altcoins are created around certain products but on the other side you have altcoins that are made to be better payment method and this list is huge starting from litecoin which is faster etc.

altcoin is very important besides bitcoin, I believe if altcoin could be a threat to bitcoin where altcoin now has various types and also varying prices. so altcoin will definitely be very important and the world of cryptocurrency.

It doesn't matter from the price point. As many altcoins are only worth because of the fact that this market is so volatile and speculative and some shitcoins are used there to only do pumps and dumps. That being said some could overtake bitcoin in the long run but I don't see this happening at least anytime soon.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Good day. Yes altcoins are important too. They have their own uses. We must not disregard alts. From ICO we were informed on an alts function. That's the reason why some alts are there to stay. Functionality, its tradable and its continuous developments.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Most people use Altcoin as the fastest way to collect bitcoins, because the value or price we often see more promising bitcoin, began the emergence of a lot of Altcoin make some coin is just a boom moment and then drown.
Pages:
Jump to: