Pages:
Author

Topic: Are ICOs dead? - page 23. (Read 20169 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 15
June 08, 2019, 12:22:56 AM
The idea of it being dead is that there are more scams than actually successful ones. I wont blame people if they would say it but  i have had worked with a lot of ICO's and i got to agree that some of them stopped progressing once they had accumulated certain budgets. But it is also satisfying to see ICO's i have worked with go on to be in the market.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 260
Trphy.io
June 08, 2019, 12:10:07 AM
I wouldn't say dead, this is because there are still some ico's that came out strong and profitable but because of all those scams that happened, people mow prefer IEO, that is the new trend also for IEO, the listing is sure.
nowadays there is a lot of fraud at the ICO and makes more investors not trust the ICO again. if this situation continues then I can say ICO will die. yeah I can see that now the new trend now is the IEO and many people like it. Smiley
copper member
Activity: 994
Merit: 4
June 07, 2019, 11:35:41 PM
I wouldn't say dead, this is because there are still some ico's that came out strong and profitable but because of all those scams that happened, people mow prefer IEO, that is the new trend also for IEO, the listing is sure.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
June 07, 2019, 08:38:18 PM
ICOs are becoming outdated as a crowdfunding solution due to far too many unreliable offerings that simply didn't deliver on expectations and these are being superseded by IEOs which have the potential to offer better quality protocols and apps, but it would be best to ensure these have a realistically achievable roadmap for adoption and focus on which launchpads have the best proven track record and highest quality standards if you're seeking to invest in these types of opportunities
copper member
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1
June 04, 2019, 10:40:40 PM
I think you're right. ICO is dead.
they do not bring profit to investors
and as soon as they started investing large sums there were a lot of scammers
Activity: 536
Merit: 15
June 04, 2019, 06:37:26 PM
I personally do not think that ICOs are dead, they have just evolved. They have evolved to IEOs which is more better than ICOs. And the major reason for this is because of the shortcomings of ICOs (like fraudulent activities, trust, etc)
Activity: 1148
Merit: 523
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 04, 2019, 03:35:15 PM
Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.
ICOs died since 2018. Welcome to a new phase of the IEO (Initial Exchange Offering). This is what is currently trending. No one is interested in the ICOs or STOs either.

This people whoever interested on IEO are traders and small level investors but private and large scale investors never lick behind the exchange to find the best coins. One more coins being listed on exchanges will not get the high level growth.

None of the IEO are getting big range except the BTT token.

This token is having big range community and investment apart from crypto industry so it is not recognized IEO.
Activity: 294
June 04, 2019, 03:28:55 PM
Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.
ICOs died since 2018. Welcome to a new phase of the IEO (Initial Exchange Offering). This is what is currently trending. No one is interested in the ICOs or STOs either.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 04, 2019, 03:15:32 PM
I believe yes, and will soon.. Because there are two things, scams, and introduction of IEO.
Looking at the current situation of a lot of scams, I think ico's should be regulated.
Without regulations, people or investors are losing confidence in ICO as well as in the crypto market.
Also due to the introduction of IEOs there is a decrease in ICOs.From my point of view, IEOs are far better than ICOs. There are many things. First, with IEO, investors are sure about the exchange the coin is listing because this is the first step to start the IEO. With ICOs, even though it's completed, most of the projects list coin after a certain period, which few investors are not happy with.
With ICO, there is lack of transparency. It is the team who updates the fund raised bar on their website. It is very difficult to know the exact amount of funds raised.
With IEO, responsibility is also with exchanges launching that IEO to build confidence in existing and new users.
So there is no wonder if ICOs will vanish.
IEO is just new ICO! With better security for the investors I believe, and exchanges will guarantee for project in some ways, but nobody can give 100% guarantee success.
ICOs are not dead, and they will not vanish anytime soon. In some way IEO is evolution of ICO, so we will see better market conditions, I`m looking forward to see that, but there will be people who will do it in old fashioned way, ico.
Activity: 120
June 04, 2019, 02:46:35 PM
it is true that there are many investors who are bored with the ICO because there are many incidents of fraud and failure of the ICO, but that does not have to make the ICO die.
but indeed there must be special treatment for that
copper member
Activity: 1190
Merit: 3
June 04, 2019, 02:42:13 PM
I believe yes, and will soon.. Because there are two things, scams, and introduction of IEO.
Looking at the current situation of a lot of scams, I think ico's should be regulated.
Without regulations, people or investors are losing confidence in ICO as well as in the crypto market.
Also due to the introduction of IEOs there is a decrease in ICOs.From my point of view, IEOs are far better than ICOs. There are many things. First, with IEO, investors are sure about the exchange the coin is listing because this is the first step to start the IEO. With ICOs, even though it's completed, most of the projects list coin after a certain period, which few investors are not happy with.
With ICO, there is lack of transparency. It is the team who updates the fund raised bar on their website. It is very difficult to know the exact amount of funds raised.
With IEO, responsibility is also with exchanges launching that IEO to build confidence in existing and new users.
So there is no wonder if ICOs will vanish.
Activity: 308
June 04, 2019, 02:40:39 PM
And someone already asked on this forum if ico I going to phase out. As we can see that the Ico I gradually dying off and almost no or very little persons or project talks about it which means that it's era is going and let's hope that the ieo solves most of the problem we see on fundraising
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
June 04, 2019, 02:32:50 PM
It is rumored that in the case when Ethereum breaks through the psychological mark of $ 300, we will see a phenomenon called “the rebirth of the PPI”. I really hope that this will happen, although my thoughts are full of doubts.
Activity: 189
airdrop-pepe.art
June 03, 2019, 07:53:42 PM
As the ICO's was scams and investors lost their investment in ICO's that why ICO's are dead and new trend of IEO's will be most successful for investors .
Activity: 728
Merit: 12
June 03, 2019, 07:22:42 PM
I still found some new ICOs currently. It indicated that ICOs are still there and not dead already. It is true that ICOs are not really popular now since people prefer to choose IEOs today. However, If we claim ICOs are dead, it is not a right statement, there are still a few people supporting them.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 253
June 03, 2019, 06:57:43 PM
To regulate it all of course requires high institutions that can make regulations that can be obeyed by many parties, indeed ICO has a very bad value because many people are not responsible for making several projects so that they only get profits without regard to others, especially some investors enter the ICO.
Activity: 728
Merit: 10
June 03, 2019, 06:16:30 PM
I don't think so ICO is dead. They lost confidence due to the large number of scammers. Nowadays, more new projects have begun to appear, some rules of participation have changed, which means that for the ICO it can still change for the better.
copper member
Activity: 110
Merit: 60
June 03, 2019, 05:38:28 PM
Perhaps, in my opinion not all community believe that ICO are dead. They maybe frustrated but it doesn't mean there no one left belief into ICO, just like me I still do have a belief in the ico even IEO so far are now more trusted by many, but for me they are just the same only.
And besides, ICO now is back in the ball game.
Activity: 1489
Merit: 150
June 03, 2019, 05:23:20 PM
I have little confidence in the ICO for now, because many cases of fraud have occurred in the ICO, so ICO has a bad reputation at this time.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
June 03, 2019, 04:59:34 PM
yes I also don't think that the ICO is completely dead. Of course there is something worthy to follow. on the other hand since the IEO emerged most investors switched to the IEO for several reasons, such as those related to concerns about ICO fraud. IEO fraud risk is smaller than ICO
the risk of scam is less only in those projects that conduct IEO on major exchanges. for example AZBIT and BITFOREX. Projects that
conduct IEO on some new small exchanges is just another scam.
Pages:
Jump to: