Pages:
Author

Topic: ARE ICOS STILL LEGIT? - page 7. (Read 4741 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
July 24, 2020, 07:26:23 AM
ICOs are the old way of doing things, IEOs were the next generation, the current generation is the DYCO's offered through DAOMaker.

These are basically ICOs that have a guaranteed refund rate if you ever want to cash out.

Projects don't get access to all of the money at once, hence they can't just sit around and twiddle their thumbs. If they fail to deliver on their promises, then customers can pull the money back and screw them once and for all.

Take a look at Orion Network, this was the result of the first DYCO. You'll see for yourself how it went.
Activity: 1063
Merit: 253
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
July 23, 2020, 08:26:05 AM
this is the IEO era and the ICO era is now over, so many investors choose a safe way and right now the investors invest in IEO but not all IEO projects will end in success. maybe I think after the IEO era ends there will be a new era again and so on.
Outside there are still many ICOs that can succeed
One of them: https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/72597/blockchain-project-ava-raises-42-million-in-a-public-token-sale

ICO or IEO are the same in my opinion, there is no safe way. Scammers can make IEO / ICO, but most investors are smart now, so no matter how good the project is, it will be successful
Many successful ICOs? This year I just saw this ICO really succeed in raising funds, but we still don't know what their future will be like. Many projects completed the hardcap but became a scammer soon after and disappeared from the market
I think so, we still need to see how well they grow after sucessfully finding an investor and keep watching the whole ICO market aswell. Although we know that ICO today is not as succesfull like before but I think we shouldn't underestimate many of them. Probably a gem buried within the mud is still there and maybe we just overlooked things.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 254
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
July 23, 2020, 07:55:44 AM
this is the IEO era and the ICO era is now over, so many investors choose a safe way and right now the investors invest in IEO but not all IEO projects will end in success. maybe I think after the IEO era ends there will be a new era again and so on.
One of them: https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/72597/blockchain-project-ava-raises-42-million-in-a-public-token-sale

ICO or IEO are the same in my opinion, there is no safe way. Scammers can make IEO / ICO, but most investors are smart now, so no matter how good the project is, it will be successful
Many successful ICOs? This year I just saw this ICO really succeed in raising funds, but we still don't know what their future will be like. Many projects completed the hardcap but became a scammer soon after and disappeared from the market
Activity: 728
Merit: 104
July 23, 2020, 07:51:40 AM

Activity: 546
Merit: 253
July 23, 2020, 07:11:04 AM
Yes, still there are some. But you have to do study a lot about the project before investing. But still there are some risks! That's why people are choosing IEO project rather than ICO.
That's the only main advantage that has already searched by a lot of people. Sometimes the exchange site itself can get fooled by the scam project like OKEX. How legit the ico or ieo depend on the project that has already launched.

I must remind you about how ATTN has already accused as a scam project even it was getting audited by okex.
I also don't understand why they made such a mistake. Obviously there is something going on with them, if there were no allegations from ATTN holdings and Evos Esport then this project would have been successful IEO and then the project would be a scam.
Thankfully, Okex corrected this mistake by canceling the ATTN project and Okex will undoubtedly examine it further as any project will be risky. I am also fortunate not to participate and certainly, the bounty hunters here should be avoided as it will only waste your time. Anyway, be extra careful as IEO at large exchanges are always risky if you don't double check.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 260
Trphy.io
July 23, 2020, 06:44:20 AM
We heard the news of IEO to be in place of ICO in order to curb the high rate of failure and scams in the development of altcoins projects in this year 2019. My surprise is that I still see series of projects claiming to be in ICOs. Doesn't that make them scam as we have seen in the same scenarios in the past?

If it is, I wonder why people still invest whether their time or monies in such projects which have high risk of loss or being scammed.
Not all ICO are scam or fake, there are still some legit ICO's out there,but no one is willing to invest in them anymore,I also can't blame the investors for been too cautious about investing in any ICO's, , since ICO have proven to be unreliable for now,I think IEO is way more better at the moment and the investors tend to invest more money on IEO than ICO's.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1000
July 22, 2020, 09:24:54 PM
In my opinion, I see that the ICO has ended its age and time after scam projects swept its world, now IEO is the surest solution for every investor who wants not to lose his money in ICO projects that collect his money without supervision and run away with money.
projects that do IEO must also be researched beforehand to be able to benefit, because not all IEO projects are good, and don't forget to choose IEO in large markets such as binance, kucoin, bitrex, because there are quite a lot of projects that carry out IEO in markets that are has low volume
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1492
July 22, 2020, 07:32:51 PM
In my opinion, I see that the ICO has ended its age and time after scam projects swept its world, now IEO is the surest solution for every investor who wants not to lose his money in ICO projects that collect his money without supervision and run away with money.
Activity: 302
Merit: 100
July 22, 2020, 07:03:24 PM
Yes, still there are some. But you have to do study a lot about the project before investing. But still there are some risks! That's why people are choosing IEO project rather than ICO.
That's the only main advantage that has already searched by a lot of people. Sometimes the exchange site itself can get fooled by the scam project like OKEX. How legit the ico or ieo depend on the project that has already launched.

I must remind you about how ATTN has already accused as a scam project even it was getting audited by okex.
Activity: 784
Merit: 6
July 22, 2020, 07:01:35 PM
We heard the news of IEO to be in place of ICO in order to curb the high rate of failure and scams in the development of altcoins projects in this year 2019. My surprise is that I still see series of projects claiming to be in ICOs. Doesn't that make them scam as we have seen in the same scenarios in the past?

If it is, I wonder why people still invest whether their time or monies in such projects which have high risk of loss or being scammed.
Not all ICO are scam or fake, there are still some legit ICO's out there,but no one is willing to invest in them anymore,I also can't blame the investors for been too cautious about investing in any ICO's, , since ICO have proven to be unreliable for now,I think IEO is way more better at the moment and the investors tend to invest more money on IEO than ICO's.

Ther only way those ICO projects can prove their legibility now is to switch over to IE) and list on reputable exchange. If they can at least claim their spots on excHnges like Binance, Gate.io, Kucoin, Okex and some others that have gained the trust of investors, they will be able ti raise the necessary fund for their project.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 123
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 22, 2020, 06:50:05 PM

Activity: 165
Merit: 1
July 22, 2020, 06:00:04 PM
ICOs are dead and completely not as effective as they use to be. A lot of people and most especially investors have lost hope on ICO investments and it is understandable. Not only have several projects done badly post ICOs leaving investors with bitter experiences, some have deliberately exit scam and made away with several millions of investor money.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 101
July 22, 2020, 05:02:17 PM
ICO is already not trusted, maybe now it can be said if ICO is dead. Most projects now do IEO and only 1 or 2 projects still do ICO, but look what happens to them. none of the investors invested.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1884
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
July 22, 2020, 03:19:23 PM
The only ICOs you can say are worthy are the ones that already have a product or service on the market. DO NOT INVEST IN IDEAS. Everyone has ideas. They mean nothing without visibly hard work behind them.

So if the ICO has profit generation, then look at how much profit they currently generate and how much they could generate in the future. Then look at how much of that profit is going back into the coin or token.

For example, I am currently an ICO consultant for a diamond mining ICO operating in Sierra Leone. They already have started mining diamonds with the initial investments they recieved and soon the token will go on an exchange and grow in value. 25% of diamond profits get injected into the token. Thats an underrated ICO.
Activity: 896
Merit: 102
July 22, 2020, 03:10:10 PM
Who knows if ICOs are legitimate. There are no laws that would restrict ICOs around the world except China and USA. But that doesn´t mean, that in the future government won´t try to regulate them or restrict them.  Lips sealed
Activity: 2058
Merit: 710
July 22, 2020, 03:06:09 PM
Enough of this talks about ICO, which project new projects do you see that used or plan to use ICO to raise funds in 2020? Why are people talking about ICO? It's the last thing that investors want to hear about, ICO projects can't be trusted
I don't know, but I think there are still a lot of people talking about ICO because of its history, this offering model is a legend in the history of crowdfunding cryptocurrency that gets a lot of funds and also the opposite is also a lot of project scams that managed to steal tens of millions of dollars here. Actually, what should be discussed in 2020 is a new offering model other than ICO or IEO etc. DYCO for example because if you guys observe this offering model it is very interesting.
Activity: 166
Merit: 12
July 22, 2020, 10:21:42 AM
Enough of this talks about ICO, which project new projects do you see that used or plan to use ICO to raise funds in 2020? Why are people talking about ICO? It's the last thing that investors want to hear about, ICO projects can't be trusted
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
July 22, 2020, 10:17:25 AM
I'm quite surprised that there are still so many people interested in ICOs right now, it's really dead. So don't waste your time on ICOs, they are scam projects and they will take your money and run away.
Did you know SOLANA, DMM, ANYSWAP, META, even OIKOS? these are the latest successful icos. You can't even call that as a dead icos when they have been giving very good performance and so many people were feeling satisfied with it too.
They do not hold an ICO, as far as I know, they have hosted IEO at the largest exchanges in this market, which is why new projects are successful. If they created an ICO to raise money, I believe they will also fail as other projects
Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
July 22, 2020, 09:56:07 AM
I'm quite surprised that there are still so many people interested in ICOs right now, it's really dead. So don't waste your time on ICOs, they are scam projects and they will take your money and run away.
Did you know SOLANA, DMM, ANYSWAP, META, even OIKOS? these are the latest successful icos. You can't even call that as a dead icos when they have been giving very good performance and so many people were feeling satisfied with it too.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
July 22, 2020, 09:19:42 AM
Even if ICO are still legit I'm not going to ever invest on them, not only because they can't be trusted but it's certain that the project will have issues with fund and without funds there won't be good development for project
Pages:
Jump to: