Pages:
Author

Topic: Are the Nvidia 3000 Series the BEST GPUs for MINING EVER?! RTX 3070, 3080, 3090 - page 6. (Read 7593 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 3
yeah i do this with my three 3080 gpus

I see you have RTX 3080. I have bought my first RTX 3080.
I use HiveOS latest version with NVIDIA driver 455. Could you tell me your oc setting please ?
The hashrate isnt stable. It changes al lthe time. Do you have any idea about it ?

98.97 MH/s, 98,88 MH/s, 98.94 MH/s,CORE -502, MEM 2300, PL 230
99.21 MH/s, 99,07 MH/s, 99,11 MH/s, CORE -502, MEM 2500, PL 230
99.58 MH/s, 99.24 MH/s, 99.05 MH/s, CORE -502, MEM 2450, PL 230
99.33 MH/s, 99.26 MH/s, 99.19MH/s, CORE -502, MEM 2400, PL 230
99.33 MH/s, 99.18 MH/s, 99.11 MH/s, CORE -502, MEM 2350, PL 230
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

for this gpu to be worthwhile, it had to be 170 mhs or more, nvidia could have done it, decided not to.
Activity: 124
Merit: 13
Hmmm don’t know if i’m comfortable putting a diff bios on the vid card . I never done it before .

Isint it easy to brick ur card when doing that ?

Whats the maximum hashrate people have gotten on the trio x ?
Activity: 262
Merit: 106
If I remove one of the fans or both, the hash rate drops (1 - 2Mh/s) because the memory gets hot, this is why these fans are there as shown in that picture.

Current speed of the card.

No proof (picture), didn't happen.

Just seen an video in another thread.....  Grin
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
If I remove one of the fans or both, the hash rate drops (1 - 2Mh/s) because the memory gets hot, this is why these fans are there as shown in that picture.

My system has now changed since I last posted here.

Now have the following setup, added another RTX 3090 card and moved things around and using fans to keep the back of the cards cool.

New card added EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 Ultra.

2x 1070 Ti's taken out of the system.

Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity moved to the far right.

Not sure if there is a bug in MSI AfterBurner 4.6.3 Beta 4 yet or it's a VBIOS issue, but I need to set the Power Limit to 102% to get the EVGA card to mine at 120Mh/s.

Both cards pull 300 watts each here.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
This is the rig with the RTX 3090 on the left.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591072928683130892/775569023718260755/unknown.png

Added two fans to push cold air at the card to keep it cool, one is cooling the back plate, and the other one on the frame is pushing air at the card.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/429217500983459850/791475248700457000/unknown.png

So i tried ur setup but in my pc case . Got a fan for the backplate and one on the side . Card fans were running a bit lower so 40% instead of 70 to keep the card under 50c .

Tried it with card fans at 90% .

Still stuck at 88-89 mhs .

Really don’t think my trio x as thermal issues .

Flash suprim bios, it's a power throttle for the trio x

Added two fans to push cold air at the card to keep it cool, one is cooling the back plate, and the other one on the frame is pushing air at the card.

So i tried ur setup but in my pc case . Got a fan for the backplate and one on the side . Card fans were running a bit lower so 40% instead of 70 to keep the card under 50c .

Tried it with card fans at 90% .

Still stuck at 88-89 mhs .

Really don’t think my trio x as thermal issues .
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
OK, so  I returned my Gigabyte Eagle OC because it had a reduced hashrate.
Since I couldn't get any other card I was forced getting a Gigabyte Vision OC 3080 (it's for my gaming rig)

It seems that unfortunately this one also has the same problem as the Eagle and Gaming variant. As a matter of fact I think it's the exact same card as the Gaming OC except the design of the cooler.

So don't buy any Gigabyte cards if you plan on using them for mining.

In a week or so I expect to receive EVGA XC3 Ultra cards. Hope I will have better luck with them!

I have one of these as well. I replaced the front thermal pads with a $8 2mm thermal pad from Amazon. Absolutely 0 issues since then and Im up at 93 mh/s at 210 watts.

Gigabyte cheaped out and used a very slimey thermal pad for the man pads

do you have a video or picture whic pads needs to replace ?
and could you give alink of new pads?

I don't think it was thermal pad contacts. See my card. It might be poor quality thermal pads.  The other issue with gigabyte card is they don't use vented backplate or have thermal pads on backside of the card
https://imgur.com/Bslnlf9
Activity: 47
Merit: 3
OK, so  I returned my Gigabyte Eagle OC because it had a reduced hashrate.
Since I couldn't get any other card I was forced getting a Gigabyte Vision OC 3080 (it's for my gaming rig)

It seems that unfortunately this one also has the same problem as the Eagle and Gaming variant. As a matter of fact I think it's the exact same card as the Gaming OC except the design of the cooler.

So don't buy any Gigabyte cards if you plan on using them for mining.

In a week or so I expect to receive EVGA XC3 Ultra cards. Hope I will have better luck with them!

I have one of these as well. I replaced the front thermal pads with a $8 2mm thermal pad from Amazon. Absolutely 0 issues since then and Im up at 93 mh/s at 210 watts.

Gigabyte cheaped out and used a very slimey thermal pad for the man pads

do you have a video or picture whic pads needs to replace ?
and could you give alink of new pads?
Well i have the side fan kind of setup already since i have those 3 fans in front of my cas and the middle one is close to the card. Not as close as your’s but close enough and it’s a pressure fan .

Guess all thats left for me to do is try to somehow put one that shoots on the back plate. I’ll give that a try just to see if its really a thermal issue or not .

I’d put my pc case in the garage were its 5c but i don’t have a long enough internet cable , or do i ......

Thanks for sharing the pics . Can’t do that inside my pc case tho .

U could try to remove one of the fans and leave the other to see how each affects the card .

I can totally agree that 3080 and 3090 have cooling issues with standard GPU fan.
My 3090 was not able to push more than 90 MH/s (after decreasing from 110MH/s) because it was thermal throttling (gou-z perfcap reason)

I just create a Backplate cooler with 2 12cm fan I "glued" on the Backplate.
Now my GPU is much cooler in game and I can mine at 112 MH/s +500 mem (10000 Mhz mem) and stock core for 286W reported in miner.

It's great.

Also Red Panda Miner has a video were he add thermal pads on the Backplate to get rid of the thermal throttling on his 3080.

Thats simple enough to try . Is one of ur fans shooting air on the poscaps or both are on the backplate cover ?

Should post a pic for anyone who wants to give it a try
Activity: 789
Merit: 501
I can totally agree that 3080 and 3090 have cooling issues with standard GPU fan.
My 3090 was not able to push more than 90 MH/s (after decreasing from 110MH/s) because it was thermal throttling (gou-z perfcap reason)

I just create a Backplate cooler with 2 12cm fan I "glued" on the Backplate.
Now my GPU is much cooler in game and I can mine at 112 MH/s +500 mem (10000 Mhz mem) and stock core for 286W reported in miner.

It's great.

Also Red Panda Miner has a video were he add thermal pads on the Backplate to get rid of the thermal throttling on his 3080.
Also, if the card is being used as the display card it will hamper the card with mining.
I plugged the card (RTX 3090) into a monitor for this test and without changing my overclock settings that I have set for mining ETH.

The mining speed dropped from 121Mh/s to 92 - 97Mh/s compared to the speed below with the RTX 2080 (top one) being used as the display card.

Maybe try using the onboard display or another GPU card as the display card and try your clock settings / fine tuning again.
Activity: 146
Merit: 4
So if you could get any cards now, which ones would you get? 3080, 3070, 3060 ti? And which brands?
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
I have a 3060ti and I successfully set a custom fan curve in AB. You need to go to settings, fans, then activate custum fan curve, edit and accept, then hit the edit symbol left to the fan speed control...then the whole fan speed control gets a blue frame...then custom fan is activated. the blue frame is the key !

It´s a Gigabyte Aorus and I´ll send it back. It sais 59 mhash @ 120 W but out of the wall it´s 140w, so I think Gigabyte is not that effective than other brands Sad
I´ll try a ASUS TUF card next....I use it for gaming too so I need a 3 fan well cooled silent card.

But damn....cards are sold out everywhere...wtf....

140w is the default for 3060ti, yeah there are better and worse bins, it all depends on your luck, usually top cards like asus strix selects better bins for it and bad bins for low end gpus but they will cost a lot more just like cpu bins, a ryzen 5 5600 bin could have been a 5900 or even a 5800 but in the end silicon made to be just a 5600. Example, Sapphire top rx 580 8gb cards had only good bins in both ways, memory and core, reason hardly malfunctions, 580 4gb had lower quality bins, reason it easily malfunction, rx 570 is even worse and so on.

You trolls need to accept what you trolls pay for, getting a lower end series model and expect to be high end is just what women does to men, they think they are a 9 and truth is they most are a 4, delusion everywhere, yeah, just like women, you can be lucky and get a good one.
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
I have a 3060ti and I successfully set a custom fan curve in AB. You need to go to settings, fans, then activate custum fan curve, edit and accept, then hit the edit symbol left to the fan speed control...then the whole fan speed control gets a blue frame...then custom fan is activated. the blue frame is the key !

It´s a Gigabyte Aorus and I´ll send it back. It sais 59 mhash @ 120 W but out of the wall it´s 140w, so I think Gigabyte is not that effective than other brands Sad
I´ll try a ASUS TUF card next....I use it for gaming too so I need a 3 fan well cooled silent card.

But damn....cards are sold out everywhere...wtf....
Pages:
Jump to: