Pages:
Author

Topic: Are the Nvidia 3000 Series the BEST GPUs for MINING EVER?! RTX 3070, 3080, 3090 - page 8. (Read 7593 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
Did anybody test all the different BIOS versions *for RTX 3080* and figure out which one is the best for mining?
Actually interested on this one too. Quiet BIOS possibly saves more power with ETH? Or is this just for the fan curves?
Activity: 106
Did anybody test all the different BIOS versions *for RTX 3080* and figure out which one is the best for mining?
Activity: 46
Yes, I know about the thermal pad solution but that would void the warranty
Activity: 59
OK, so  I returned my Gigabyte Eagle OC because it had a reduced hashrate.
Since I couldn't get any other card I was forced getting a Gigabyte Vision OC 3080 (it's for my gaming rig)

It seems that unfortunately this one also has the same problem as the Eagle and Gaming variant. As a matter of fact I think it's the exact same card as the Gaming OC except the design of the cooler.

So don't buy any Gigabyte cards if you plan on using them for mining.

In a week or so I expect to receive EVGA XC3 Ultra cards. Hope I will have better luck with them!

I have one of these as well. I replaced the front thermal pads with a $8 2mm thermal pad from Amazon. Absolutely 0 issues since then and Im up at 93 mh/s at 210 watts.

Gigabyte cheaped out and used a very slimey thermal pad for the man pads
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

I have 2 evga third one comes on weds next week.  I have

thehttps://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3885-KR

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING, 10G-P5-3885-KR, 10GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Cooling, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate

P/N: 10G-P5-3885-KR

so far they work great

92-95 mhs each steady at about 240 watts 2 card rig runs 184-190 mhs

I have a lot of these 8 slot mobos

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Onda-B250-D8P-D4-Ver-1-00-12-GPU-Mining-Motherboard/143840755013?

I would love six rigs with 4 cards each

24 x  95 = 2.28 gh of hash

And how much have you paid for each one of them? So far EVGA and MSI seem okay for mining.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
OK, so  I returned my Gigabyte Eagle OC because it had a reduced hashrate.
Since I couldn't get any other card I was forced getting a Gigabyte Vision OC 3080 (it's for my gaming rig)

It seems that unfortunately this one also has the same problem as the Eagle and Gaming variant. As a matter of fact I think it's the exact same card as the Gaming OC except the design of the cooler.

In a week or so I expect to receive EVGA XC3 Ultra cards. Hope I will have better luck with them!

I have 2 evga third one comes on weds next week.  I have

thehttps://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3885-KR

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING, 10G-P5-3885-KR, 10GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Cooling, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate

P/N: 10G-P5-3885-KR

so far they work great

92-95 mhs each steady at about 240 watts 2 card rig runs 184-190 mhs

I have a lot of these 8 slot mobos

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Onda-B250-D8P-D4-Ver-1-00-12-GPU-Mining-Motherboard/143840755013?

I would love six rigs with 4 cards each

24 x  95 = 2.28 gh of hash
Xtreme Monster

Yeah all gigabyte 3080 has issues on mining.
Activity: 46

Xtreme Monster
I have an ASUS TUF RTX 3080 in my gaming rig. I have tested to mine Ethereum at 97 MHs @ 220 W. No problems there, but the temperature is like 47-50C, but the fans are running at 75%. Why are the temps so low? But I think they arn't..?

My RTX 2080 Ti showed like 65-70C @ 60 MHs.

Anyone else noticed this, seems like the card is getting hotter than it shows? I assume the VRAM is getting hot as hell? Smiley No temp for VRAM sadly..?

ASUS TUF has the best cooling to date in all 3080, asus did a good job on it, the memory is covered too, the only issue now is the capacitor.
Activity: 98
Merit: 6
I have an ASUS TUF RTX 3080 in my gaming rig. I have tested to mine Ethereum at 97 MHs @ 220 W. No problems there, but the temperature is like 47-50C, but the fans are running at 75%. Why are the temps so low? But I think they arn't..?

My RTX 2080 Ti showed like 65-70C @ 60 MHs.

Anyone else noticed this, seems like the card is getting hotter than it shows? I assume the VRAM is getting hot as hell? Smiley No temp for VRAM sadly..?
Activity: 47
Merit: 2

at $400, no need to bios mod it, seems a winner to me, needs to undervolt a little more to be worth, under 100 watts at least and price needs to be a little lower too, around $329.

$400 is ok , but not sure if there are as many in stock . Another win if it's added to Cyperpunk RT requirement
Xtreme Monster
3060 Ti does 61 Mh/s 120w

at $400, no need to bios mod it, seems a winner to me, needs to undervolt a little more to be worth, under 100 watts at least and price needs to be a little lower too, around $329.
Activity: 47
Merit: 2
3060 Ti does 61 Mh/s 120w
Activity: 449
Merit: 24
I'm running a 3070 in SMOS, 58.5 MH/s at 120 watts.  We will see how stable it is.
I am using RTX 3080 from Palit, they have mixed caps and been mining stable,
I have it setup mining 101Mh/s at 199,4W (54% power limit), can provide proof if interested

199,4W is nowhere near 54% power limit.  Palit game rock is 320w at 100%.  54% would put it at 173w.  then again at 54% power limit I don't think it would hash at 101 MHs.

Could you attach the screenshot for miner and gpu-z?

Don't know how to upload images to this website so here is the link: https://ibb(.)co/QPTfR4b
https://ibb.co/QPTfR4b
Remove ()
I have this on my daily PC, not barebones W10 optimized for mining.
Please note that I have such speeds when I close all other GPU intensive processes like chrome or vlc,
when I am watching youtube it dips to 90-95MH/s.

Yeah that gpu is on power limit as perfcaf.  you'd have core clocks drop when watching something intensive. Seems like a pretty efficient card you got there.  What are the core and memory clocks?

Coreclock is set to -500 in Afterburner, that comes to 1150-1200, Memory is +1410 in Afterburner which comes to 21,8GHz.
So far it hasn't crashed once (even while OC-ing), I managed to overclock to Afterburner max point of +1500 (22GHz) with no gain in performance for this wattage. With more power it goes higher but I do not have free electricity so I found its performance sweet spot to be 101-103 at 200W.
Very nice card you have there. What temps and fan speeds?

54C at 50% fan
Activity: 196
I have it setup mining 101Mh/s at 199,4W (54% power limit), can provide proof if interested

199,4W is nowhere near 54% power limit.  Palit game rock is 320w at 100%.  54% would put it at 173w.  then again at 54% power limit I don't think it would hash at 101 MHs.

Don't know how to upload images to this website so here is the link: https://ibb(.)co/QPTfR4b
Remove ()
Please note that I have such speeds when I close all other GPU intensive processes like chrome or vlc,

Yeah that gpu is on power limit as perfcaf.  you'd have core clocks drop when watching something intensive. Seems like a pretty efficient card you got there.  What are the core and memory clocks?

Coreclock is set to -500 in Afterburner, that comes to 1150-1200, Memory is +1410 in Afterburner which comes to 21,8GHz.
So far it hasn't crashed once (even while OC-ing), I managed to overclock to Afterburner max point of +1500 (22GHz) with no gain in performance for this wattage. With more power it goes higher but I do not have free electricity so I found its performance sweet spot to be 101-103 at 200W.
Very nice card you have there. What temps and fan speeds?
Activity: 262
Merit: 106

Remove ()

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

Remove ()

Activity: 24
What is your core and memory frequency?

Very good numbers but would be better to measure at the wall to be sure how much the card draws.
Pages:
Jump to: