Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we brainwashed? - page 16. (Read 7872 times)

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
June 07, 2017, 04:50:24 AM
I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

Times have changed hard. Back then, people know how it was to be oppressed, to have nothing and they know how to give importance to simple basic things. It's a whole lot different now with most of us growing up in peaceful society without having to worry about our lives. We tend to focus more on things that doesn't really matter if you look at the big picture.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
June 04, 2017, 08:13:14 AM
The Truth About Popular Culture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyLUIXWnrC0
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
June 03, 2017, 11:54:53 AM
We all need to realize brilliance of this quote: "We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like."

Our social behaviour implies communal relationships - humans are nothing more than smart herring animals.

We are not brainwashed - we are connected and because we follow others. The problem is, we usually don't need guidance.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
June 03, 2017, 11:20:34 AM
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

Yeah we're brainwashed. Anyone saying were not is just in denial. With a washing machine (TV) in everyone's house its pretty easy to do. Social engineering has been a thing for a very very long time.
To a some point i agree with you, but i do not think that we can easily say that we are brainwashed. For example you said that TV is one of main way of brainwashing, and there i agree with you, but there are also people who do not watch TV. There are those people who know what they need and what to look for, and know when someone try to sell them something they do not need. We are not all brainwashed.

Totally agree with you.  We are still in control with ourselves.  It is up to you if you want to be controlled by earthly matters like latest gadgets, expensive shoes, branded bags, jewelries, and cars.  If you can afford all of these, and still being a good person in your community it is okay.  Some maybe brainwashed if they are buyig things beyond their means just to be called "in".  Just to be accepted or approved by today's trend.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
June 03, 2017, 10:58:31 AM

Yeah we're brainwashed. Anyone saying were not is just in denial. With a washing machine (TV) in everyone's house its pretty easy to do. Social engineering has been a thing for a very very long time.
To a some point i agree with you, but i do not think that we can easily say that we are brainwashed. For example you said that TV is one of main way of brainwashing, and there i agree with you, but there are also people who do not watch TV. There are those people who know what they need and what to look for, and know when someone try to sell them something they do not need. We are not all brainwashed.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
June 02, 2017, 01:36:56 PM

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
June 02, 2017, 01:17:13 PM
Remember the time when you were a kid and used to cry for small toys? Now you're an adult who wants big toys.

same psychology tricks are used on kids and adults to keep them hooked. If you don't have an insecurity one will be assigned to you. Most TV shows and Movies are filled with extremely low IQ content because they want to keep you dumb. Dumb people make great consumers.

It's been studied for thousands of years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taṇhā

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Noble_Truths

Activity: 630
Merit: 272
June 02, 2017, 01:05:42 PM
Remember the time when you were a kid and used to cry for small toys? Now you're an adult who wants big toys.

same psychology tricks are used on kids and adults to keep them hooked. If you don't have an insecurity one will be assigned to you. Most TV shows and Movies are filled with extremely low IQ content because they want to keep you dumb. Dumb people make great consumers.
Now a lot of offers for every taste. No one's forcing you to watch cheesy movies? If there is no demand then these movies will not be removed. I guess stupidity is the trend of today's time. The herd is always easier to manage than intellectuals. Perhaps for this reason, we see these election results in America.
Activity: 259
June 02, 2017, 10:12:45 AM

I agree with you. Present shows are designed for low intelligence. Unfortunately, information and intellectual television programs are not available now. Even just advertising affects our subconscious mind
Activity: 518
Merit: 283
June 02, 2017, 08:28:50 AM
Just get a man who does not have a goal, he is just unrealized matter. Since childhood, for many, everything is decided by parents or society, and they do not even think about how you can independently think and manage your life. Now there are very few people who do something consciously and develop in all aspects of life. While a person is not ready to learn how to think independently, it is useless to talk about it.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
June 02, 2017, 08:22:45 AM

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
June 02, 2017, 01:48:45 AM
People in USA are utterly brainwashed. Propaganda by mainstream media.
Different friends tell me "their" opinions but their words, ideas, conclusions,
tone of voice are all IDENTICAL. This doesn't happen without heavy conditioning.
Worst of all most aren't even aware of it.
Activity: 462
May 29, 2017, 11:42:19 PM

Society creates a cocoon that makes people lead small lives.

The solution will only come when there is a new frontier, a wilderness outside where people have gone i.e., outer space.

Activity: 574
Merit: 506
May 29, 2017, 10:36:08 PM

This sounds more like personal crisis to me, than observation of the world.

Did you thought about changing the company you currectly spend time with? It doesnt have to be church, if you are materialistic unbeliever, something as simple as finding an actual hobby (I am not counting bitcoin, we do that for profit) will do the trick. Others honor both nature and their ancestors by starting a family. Yet different folk invest in development of science for betterment of everybody. I conserve history (and my physique) by learning ancient art of fencing for example.

We were given gift of life and free will to use precious time we have however we see fit. You are not getting second chance, so turn off your tv and find your purpose. No illuminati will stop you, I promise.

I think number of people with goals and ideas are declining day by day, this may be because of the technology ease. Technology is making the life easy as well as lazy.

That merely means, that you have more choices. If you cant use them to your and your loved ones benefit, guess, who is to blame for that?
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
May 29, 2017, 05:27:08 PM
I think number of people with goals and ideas are declining day by day, this may be because of the technology ease. Technology is making the life easy as well as lazy.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
May 29, 2017, 11:35:28 AM
The thing is people don't dream big now and they think that getting a big dream is impossible and that's a misconception. So people just dream small now and try to achieve that, they'll just take lifetime to achieve that. So in other terms people are less competitive and more concentrated towards numbers.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
May 29, 2017, 08:01:59 AM
In this age, brainwashing is done via television advertisement, they market their products and tell you exactly what you need and convince you to buy them.

I do not believe that we are brainwashed but instead we are forced to live how the society tells us to otherwise we cannot survive. Instead of being brainwashed I call it adaptation to the environment, learning to be fit and survive the environment that we live in. But I hope we can get our of this system but I guess this is already inescapable but as long as our minds are open we cannot be corrupted by the immorality and unfair trade in the world around us.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
May 29, 2017, 07:54:28 AM
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women.
If you have heard about the Facebook founder's speech at Harvard, it is all about purpose and creating a purpose which is a duty of everyone.

There are still some people who have not gone together with this nonsensical trend that has been spreading like a contagious diseases and it really is very irritating and an eyesore having this kind of people who are deluded by this. These some people that I am talking about will knock some sense to other people and influence them especially now that the knowledge and information are just in their finger tips. So each one of us should know and not be swayed by others easily and know what is right and should do. Educate yourself and stop being ignorant.
Activity: 700
May 29, 2017, 07:15:36 AM
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles.

It is human nature aim for better life. Have simple job, a lot of free time, have a lovely kind wife or husband. I also do not like the society of consumption, but this model of society creates most of the job, makes economy stronger, and if you want to think with your mind and opinion, just read the bible, or just another smart book. We do not have slavery who would not say something.
copper member
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
May 29, 2017, 04:09:48 AM
I couldn't agree with you more, yet I don't think "brainwashed" is the correct term to use. Perhaps, "too caught up" with technology? We're too curious. We're all just too adventurous.. eventually, it'll burn out.The trend will fade. Like how you loved your favorite shirt, and now it's all used up and ready for disposable. Like how we all responded to the invention of cell phones, and how you've replaced your phone like 3 to 4 times already. The worst part about it, we say it doesn't change us, but it does. We're just telling ourselves that it doesn't. Lying to ourselves to feel better. We're too caught up. We're too full of it
Pages:
Jump to: