Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we brainwashed? - page 19. (Read 7872 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 257
April 06, 2017, 04:52:52 PM
I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.
Ahh you are right more or less, it all depends where you live and what personality you have. There are a lot of people that i know which have goal in there life. Some succeeded and some i hope will in future. But you are right when you say that most of people are made in perfect consumers, i see that more and more everyday. And it saddens me a lot. What you said about past and fight for freedom and rights are not needed in this day and age, because we have most of that. It all comes with evolution of human society. Person with enough personality will know what to do and what he wants, and won't succumb to other peoples brainwash.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
April 06, 2017, 03:36:48 PM
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women.
sounds like good goal to me  Tongue

Sounds like a declining society  Wink
Activity: 770
Merit: 254
April 06, 2017, 03:22:16 PM
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women.
sounds like good goal to me  Tongue
Activity: 616
April 06, 2017, 03:09:49 PM
Saving money for a nice product can be a goal Smiley
Activity: 532
April 06, 2017, 02:48:57 PM
I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.
Pages:
Jump to: