Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 124. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10
February 07, 2018, 09:12:45 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

The best thing to do before you invest a cryptocurrency on some of the exchangers like liqui.io or bitconnect is to research about their history and ask reliable traders what is their own experience before deciding to use your capital.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
February 07, 2018, 09:11:08 PM
i am wlays scared of hacker so i have all my wallets and texts in an usb vault extern to my pc so i can assure the 100% security of my funds becouse they are not online in a hot wallet but in a cold one instead

just be very aware of devs of icos or cryptos that asks for installing an shady wallet in your pc, maybe there is an backdoor in it and you will be infected Sad

stay aware of all newbie of this forum that pretend to be professional and asks you such things
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company
February 07, 2018, 09:03:00 PM
Who is not scared of hackers?Imagine all your hard earned money stolen within the twinkle of an eye?Im not sure it is something will wish for himself in any case hardware wallets are the way to go but the recent vulnerability detected in the ledger nano hardware wallets is something one should be careful about.All things equal just get yourself a hardware wallet.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 07, 2018, 08:56:39 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
very afraid and paranoid

you never know when the next attack is going to be and if they can easily attack big corporations what is stopping them from attacking small
home computers you cannot be safe you can only take precautions.
Activity: 450
Merit: 122
February 07, 2018, 04:51:21 PM
I bought new macbook for trading.i never click any link which I don't trust also I enter only here and websites about cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 196
February 07, 2018, 04:26:41 PM
I think that hackers will not be interested in my wallets, because there is not much money there. But I would not want my wallet or account to be broken.
Do not worry, hackers will not waste their time and energy on you. They are only interested in large fish. They will do their best to get good money.  Cool
Activity: 109
February 07, 2018, 02:26:36 PM
some people are dividing their BTC into many wallets since they are afraid of hackers and try to minimize their transaction. Just be careful wherein you should log in your account into the right page, try to bookmark it.
Activity: 198
February 07, 2018, 02:22:52 PM
that's terrible news and no you can't protect yourself from hackers because if they can hack in to big corporation like these what is stopping them from hacking into small home systems you can only take precautions
Activity: 189
February 07, 2018, 02:22:41 PM
that's terrible news and no you can't protect yourself from hackers because if they can hack in to big corporation like these what is stopping them from hacking into small home systems you can only take precautions
Activity: 92
February 07, 2018, 02:20:10 PM
I'm not afraid, just upset their actions Angry. I just rely on the security system from the wallet site, can not do much. In anticipation of not allowing coin to accumulate in a long time
Activity: 273
February 07, 2018, 01:55:49 PM
I think that hackers will not be interested in my wallets, because there is not much money there. But I would not want my wallet or account to be broken.
hackers do not see how much your money he will take our money when they have a chance.
The hacker is like a thief he does not see nominally but he will do as much as he can. so we should always be careful with hackers even if your money is not much.
Activity: 238
February 07, 2018, 01:37:46 PM
i think everybody must learn operational security, cryptocurrency field  is in infancy state, and all the responsibility for operations are on shoulders of one's who works with cryptocurrency. I try to learn as much as possible about dangerous cases in order to prevent them
Activity: 210
February 07, 2018, 01:30:29 PM
Been afraid is the same thing as been afraid of arm robbers who are always in search of people who they will attach and probably take some thing from them on lawfully. So also are the hackers and one really need to be afraid of them for they are a set of dangerous set of human being
Activity: 378
dApps Development Automation Platform
February 07, 2018, 01:29:06 PM
Activity: 37
February 07, 2018, 01:27:08 PM
For sure almost everyone is afraid of hackers. Who would like their hard earned money be in hand of others against their will by the way? But then our wallet according to some who have more knowledge is almost impossible to decrypted and hack even by genius computer geeks (well still possible but might have a very minimal account) so that reason make me feel comfortable enough that my funds are safe as long as I keep my PKs secret and be careful logging in to any site that required my wallet's credentials.
Activity: 196
Transforming the Global Shipping Industry
February 07, 2018, 01:10:56 PM
I don't afraid, but I just pay attention on security of my pass files and files, download from web. For money operation, use another device, and you will be safe.
Activity: 406
February 07, 2018, 01:08:25 PM
Yes, like all normal people I'm afraid of this. I try to act with great caution, I use several wallets to store my savings, in some of them I have not even visited, I send long-term investments to these wallets.
Activity: 182
February 07, 2018, 11:40:17 AM
Of course, I am afraid of hackers because their movements are unpredictable. Those hackers are too smart in hacking someone's account and if a person who doesn't have an expertise dealing and securing their accounts would probably get a hard time on how to avoid them. Accessing someone's account is one of their first tasks and after that, they will start on stealing or getting anything from your account. In order to avoid the hackers, let's not open our bank account or wallet in someone's computer especially in the public computer shop.
Activity: 53
February 07, 2018, 11:19:43 AM
Yes I am. I think everyone is really afraid of hackers because hackers can steal or break your personal files, accounts, or even your wallets or even worse hackers can steal your coins your bitcoins if we're not careful
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
February 07, 2018, 11:06:05 AM
Actually if we want to avoid hacker attacks simply by being careful in surfing the internet, do not visit suspicious websites, you also need to create a complicated password and change the routine every once a month. I'm not at all afraid of hackers, just be aware of their movements.
Jump to: