Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 125. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
dApps Development Automation Platform
February 07, 2018, 10:55:46 AM
Most reliable online sites have good security, they hire people to specifically protect their clients and their sites as well. They even have clear message to avoid getting phised. So our account information is our responsibility because hackers can't attain your information unless you unconsciously give it to them.

Like most of them say, Coins are not scam, they are just unsuccessful projects. It will take a lot more money to create a new cryptocurrency than to phish.
Activity: 268
Merit: 100
World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT)
February 07, 2018, 10:54:41 AM
People should use safer browsing habit and along with that should diversify their bitcoin and altcoin holdings in as many places as possible.
Exchanges, online wallets and hot wallets in gambling sites.
If you are not using it regularly, you can just export the private key in encrypted form and remove every trace of its existence.

Thanks for the tip. Actually, keeping your digital coin is how you keep your money when you go outside. You shouldn't put it in one pocket so that when the one pocket got stolen, you still have money left in the other pockets. Private keys should be printed out and avoid saving your passwords together with your private keys thru online.
Activity: 118
My Identity Coin
February 07, 2018, 10:47:25 AM
yes really i have more afraid of hacker. i have protected my altcoins. if you want better and more secured wallet then use hardware wallet. it is more safe otherwise use online wallets with a high secured wallet, browser and keep securely your wallet details don't loose your wallet details.
Activity: 322
February 07, 2018, 10:43:38 AM
I'm afraid to be hacked that is why I'm more careful in clicking some links entering whatever sites. I always try to have a very secure password and prefer two-factor authentification.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
February 07, 2018, 10:27:22 AM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

The better question there is, who is not afraid? In this market that is heavily reliant on the use of internet, hackers have a lot of alley ways to do their dirty work and thrive. Unfortunately, not many people, even the seasoned users of cryptocurrencies are knowledgeable in combating these hackers from stealing one's assets and information, and ultimately, use it for their personal gain. However, that is a reality that we must face as we entered this market, therefore, we should do different means to protect our holdings. By being safe with your information, your e-wallet information, putting them in cold storage or ledgers, even though some means can be a little expensive are necessary measures to safeguard your holdings.
Activity: 238
February 07, 2018, 10:25:28 AM
I think everyone related to internet and online earning field are afraid of hackers because no one wants to lose the money which they have earned by working day and night here. There are many ways to be safe from hackers. If you are related to cryptocurrency field then you need to keep your Computer safe from viruses and Keep your private keys safe. Still, there are chances but we need to keep everything safe.
Activity: 145
Merit: 2
February 07, 2018, 10:24:01 AM
There's no need to be afraid in hackers because we have 2fa here or private keys so even they know your password and information about your account still they can't withdraw your coins.To avoid anything scam here i think don't click any link and listen first if soneone already post that here like they register in binance if you don't that exchanger don't register there and ask first if it's legit.

I think the hacker is the most anxious problem with online money transactions. If careless you can white-handed for hackers
It's a good idea to keep your information confidential, not click on suspicious sites and use a good anti-virus software
Activity: 294
February 07, 2018, 10:22:22 AM
Yes, I'm afraid because all of a sudden your hard earned money will be lost. We should be careful of the sites we're visiting and always have our private keys secured.
Activity: 350
February 07, 2018, 10:18:56 AM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

Everyone is really afraid of hackers because there are a lot of people who are holding a huge amount of cryptocurrency so they are all trying to look for a way not to be penetrated by hackers, always look for a reliable site to hold your coin in order for you not to get problems in the future when are wealthy enough to hold a huge amount of bitcoins.
Activity: 77
Merit: 7
February 07, 2018, 10:12:21 AM
Everyone is afraid of hackers they are really scary and creepy ,
Just imagine that you are being monitored by a hacker and the hacker is using your phone or laptop.
I think we all wants our own privacy and we all wants our money or accounts to be safe.
Activity: 42
February 07, 2018, 10:09:27 AM
Be safe use hardware wallet...
Activity: 150
February 07, 2018, 10:06:27 AM
I think everyone is afraid and threatened specially of what hackers can do to their respective accounts or wallets, though it's alarming we can rest assure that admins and staffs are doing their best to illuminate those kind of issues and protect their loyal client.
Activity: 550
February 07, 2018, 09:17:01 AM
we all are afraid of hackers because they can hack to our acc and steal the coins that we have.
Activity: 297
February 07, 2018, 09:11:56 AM
Ofcourse i m always afraid  of hackers but i can do about hackers i always take care of all my personal files or my wallet i will always take care of it
Activity: 254
Merit: 18
February 07, 2018, 08:49:38 AM

It's the double-edged sword of cryptocurrencies - on one hand you have complete control of your funds (coins), on the other hand you can also lose control of it (since you're fully responsible for your own assets). To be completely safe from hacking/phishing? Get a hard wallet.

I wish there were a middle ground on this, like holding your keys but having somo more security built in into the systems that use the blockchain. I think that anyone who solves this problem will make plenty of profit.
Activity: 254
Merit: 18
February 07, 2018, 08:48:25 AM
No, I do not afraid on hacker because i am using a hardware wallet and Linux based operating system. There is no reason to fear you. You do not click on advertising and spam link, and using tor browser network.

Oh my, you are the best possible target, except that no hacker would probably bother to waste his time with you, as your holdings don´t look great.
Activity: 152
February 07, 2018, 08:37:42 AM
I think everyone who is logical will have some fear about the safety of their crypto and one of the biggest threats is hackers.

Personally I am more concerned with government policies as I can control the safety of my wallet.
Activity: 448
February 07, 2018, 01:13:12 AM
I am scared of course but i'm not that worried because i've done a lot to secure my notebook and at least prevent malware from going into my system. I also has hardware wallet so i only have to prevent human error on my side and i should be safe from hackers.
Activity: 24
February 07, 2018, 01:08:24 AM

It's the double-edged sword of cryptocurrencies - on one hand you have complete control of your funds (coins), on the other hand you can also lose control of it (since you're fully responsible for your own assets). To be completely safe from hacking/phishing? Get a hard wallet.
Activity: 336
February 06, 2018, 06:23:51 PM
OMG, What a question !!Yes of course , you always need to fear a hacker,most of them are merciless, they are causing a great harm to you(if they want to) , mysterious , with secret agendas.Hacking is developing, day by day,reaching new heights,that means more pain in the ass for the victim. Instead, I would like to say that we are ones who make the most money(through illegal ways) easily with our skill. But we can minimize this kind of illegal doings such as: keep your social status private, Do not share your private key,username, and anything that can be a source of hack.
Jump to: