Author

Topic: Are you afraid of hackers? - page 134. (Read 10474 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
February 03, 2018, 08:11:57 AM
Fear is one's emotional response to the dangers of threat. Every human being must have fear, in fact fear is something normal, depending on how our point of view in overcoming fear.

Fear must be inside me from hacker attacks, how to protect from hacker attacks, depending on how to manage our financial data. Although just joined (newbie) in this bitcoin world, I learned it from a friend who has been hit by hackers.

We must be courageous in the face of whatever we think is right. Conquering fear is the beginning of wisdom.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
February 02, 2018, 07:43:18 PM
yes I am afraid, I am not a good person to deal with hackers, that is the reason I do not invest all my wealth in crypto currency, I just pray to God not to become a victim of hackers.

At the moment only thing I'm scared is market. Just look at the prices. Clearly there is war between buyers and sellers. And I'm afraid only people is getting harm from this war is us, individual traders.
Activity: 373
Merit: 11
CryptoRex
February 02, 2018, 07:40:15 PM
Everyone should be afraid of hackers. I recommend the following to stay safe.
1. Never open any link from a group chat or email.
2. Don’t use android phone for crypto business.
3. Before doing any crypto business on your PC, wipe it clean and dedicate that pc to only cryptos.
4. Never use public wi-fi.
5. Use a hardware wallet.

Hope this advice help. Be safe and trade wisely!!
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
February 02, 2018, 07:05:54 PM
Not the slightest worries about hackers. No funds of significant value is ever moved on a computer that has been connected through internet without correct precaution. When it comes to exchanges it's a bit more tricky. Don't use phone 2FA, change password weekly etc. And use them quick. Deposit, do the trade, withdraw.
Activity: 260
Merit: 103
February 02, 2018, 06:59:10 PM
No. I trade on crypto for few years and I never was hacked. I just use simple two factor autorisation, and change passwords every few months. I only afraid of market crash right now...
Activity: 224
February 02, 2018, 06:48:42 PM
In my opinion, most importantly you never keep your coins instead. we do not know how in the future, every system can happen maintenace. it is something very dangerous. All risks will occur, as technological developments are increasing, andcertainly science hacker is also increasing.I always keep my wallet. Usually after I sell directly to my wallet
Activity: 183
February 02, 2018, 06:41:35 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

Of course the possibility of being harmed by a hacker is always scary, especially because I have already suffered significant losses by the abilities of these impostors to steal everything they can, taking advantage of the vulnerability of those who are not experts in computer security.
Activity: 107
February 02, 2018, 06:28:13 PM
Protect yourself as much as you can by using malwarebytes ADW and a good antivirus like Bitdefender. Also use a hardware based wallet, if not then keep your funds offline.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
February 02, 2018, 06:27:47 PM
I am afraid as well.Even when I login to my hardware wallet, I feel worried. I try to use clean browser and computer. I try to keep my secret keys in an external disk. But I dont feel they are still in secure. Sometimes people share their secret keys instead of public keys. Everybody can do it when they lost in thought. Hackers are waiting you to make an easy mistake.
Activity: 159
February 02, 2018, 06:20:58 PM
yes I am afraid, I am not a good person to deal with hackers, that is the reason I do not invest all my wealth in crypto currency, I just pray to God not to become a victim of hackers.
Activity: 301
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
February 02, 2018, 06:09:06 PM
Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
Bloomberg is unrealiable source,the website is obviously manipulated by the whales,they are getting paid from these people to manipulate our market,so we dont need to panic when the source of the news comes from websites like this,the people behind this attacks is clearly wants to destroy our whole community i suspected the bankers are doing this because the XRP project failed.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
February 02, 2018, 05:54:50 PM

Im afraid Ill input my private key somewhere and it will be taken. I use IOS on ipad to access MEW. I dont trust anything else  Huh
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
February 02, 2018, 05:42:15 PM
Hackers do always exist no matter which market or genre you are belong. People do find ways to make money which this cryptocurrency world isnt invicible this is why it is somehow anticipated that these things would really happen. Whos not afraid of hackers? For sure we are feeling those worries because we do know it can really affect the market but somehow it can be avoided to set out strong security of your holdings.
Activity: 161
ICO Live! betterbetting.org
February 02, 2018, 05:38:48 PM
I don’t have that much coin and money to be afraid of it but maybe in the future it could frighten me as well. Although we still need to be careful , everyone afraids of them . I read that kind of stuff happening to some people in our forum every day and i am trying to take cautions accordingly. There are many experienced people in this forum , try to learn from their experiences.
Activity: 672
Merit: 176
February 02, 2018, 03:41:48 PM
On the eve of Halloween, the research agency Gallup published the results of the latest annual survey of fears of crime among Americans. In this case, the first place went to the fear of being hacked.

It is noted that 69% of respondents fear that the data of their credit cards can be stolen by hackers. In addition, 62% of respondents feel that their personal data can be stolen from computers or smartphones. In comparison, a significantly smaller number of respondents (45%) are afraid that their homes may be physically burglarized. Finally, only 18% of respondents are afraid of being killed.
The fact is that by legal right every American has the right to shoot a murderer or a thief in his house, And no one can take any action against the hacker. Especially if someone gets to your photo or video, scrupulous content, then the brain can burst. Of course, it will be the hackers who are most afraid.
Activity: 224
The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem
February 02, 2018, 03:38:43 PM

I don't think I'm a worthy target for hackers since I'm just maintaining a small investment and bounties maybe unless I expose my self and my account security by falling victim to phishing sites, viruses or scams which they mostly do to small time investors and unwary victims.
Activity: 294
Merit: 13
February 02, 2018, 03:36:09 PM
Therefore safety must be above all. Ideally, you should have a separate computer, laptop or smartphone for work at the exchange in which you can be sure.
Activity: 672
Merit: 144
February 02, 2018, 03:35:21 PM
On the eve of Halloween, the research agency Gallup published the results of the latest annual survey of fears of crime among Americans. In this case, the first place went to the fear of being hacked.

It is noted that 69% of respondents fear that the data of their credit cards can be stolen by hackers. In addition, 62% of respondents feel that their personal data can be stolen from computers or smartphones. In comparison, a significantly smaller number of respondents (45%) are afraid that their homes may be physically burglarized. Finally, only 18% of respondents are afraid of being killed.
Activity: 34
February 02, 2018, 02:59:22 PM
if you long term hodl, then dont let anything on exchanges
Activity: 1491
Merit: 320
🐪
February 02, 2018, 02:57:16 PM
My measure of precaution is to have private keys on USB stick, that has encrypted file explorer.

My Metamask and exchange passwords are also stored there along with private keys.

I also have copy of same USB stick on other location.
Jump to: