Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you picky with ICOs? - page 93. (Read 13441 times)

legendary
Activity: 1011
Merit: 1006
October 28, 2017, 11:28:44 AM
People nowdays expect 100x growth within a month, and if it doesnt happen - the project is labeled as a fail,
which is completely wrong. Development takes time and patience, I invested in some project which were 1 cent and grew to a few $,
but over the course of 2-3 YEARS, not months, let alone weeks.

Investors should be aware of that.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
October 28, 2017, 09:48:14 AM
Are you picky with ICOs?
Yes , I fond ICOs project , here the main basic reason behind this thing is that I always made profit in the ICOs investment overall .
Since in many of the ICOs got lost money but still overall made profit by investment in another coins ICOs .
Here currently lots of ICOs are coming and going but out of them few are more better to make investment and make lots of profit , but here now I am making myself more experienced person in this field , Because now in these days I needed to see the ICOs project from every angle so that I can understand well the project and also to understand well that how much the project is legit or not .
So here it always remains for me a very interesting thing for me to have investment in the ICOs project.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 28, 2017, 09:11:39 AM
Investing in ICO's is just like any other investment. You need to do your research.

These are the qualities i look for before investing into an ICO:-

- Strong team - Both in development team and also the CEO's / marketing (People focus too much on the developers which is important but not everything. no point having a great team to create something, if nobody can advertise it and push the startup in the right direction.)
- Realistic vision - not aiming too high or if they do not reach their target everyone who invested will be disappointed
- Solid whitepaper - Well thought out, shows realistic goals, a strong good vision and a plan of action
- Strong social media presence - A social media that shows they are connected with everyone
- Good customer support - Shows they care, and they have invested time and money into making sure the average investor can ask questions
- Good website - A business who is willing to throw time and effort into a good website are less likely to be a scam
- finite supply - ICO's with no cap can be dangerous and can simply just damage their own coin by releasing more for more investment.
-Market they are getting involved with - Is this a new market? or a dying one? who controls the market?

I'm interested to see what other people's rules of thumb look like.  I would add that a working demo is a must.  How can you possibly consider investing in a product if you don't actually know if that product exists?  Quite baffling.  For example, several ad-tech companies ICO'ed with shoddy white papers and no demo and raised upwards of $50 million!  Crazy!  On the other hand, there's ones like Qchain that seem more solid and actually have a working demo and, though their ICO just started, are only seeking to raise a fraction of that amount.  It's just interesting to see when such obvious observable factors seem to be ignored by the market.
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
October 28, 2017, 08:10:43 AM
To be honest, when there is a free airdrop or a good bounty I just grab or join them all. After all, they are all free and whose not to love free coins, right?

But, if it comes on investing in an ICO, not only you should be picky, you should be careful and study upon joining one. This is the money you are using and investing to ICO's comes with such great risk. As you may well know, some tokens or coins succeed and others are not. Some may say majority of ICO nowadays are scam as this kind of business make dev teams get easy money in no time. Some are not, depends on the dev teams plan. Again, the only basic rules for this is that when it is free, just grab them as much as you can. If you'll invest money on it then thats the time you should be picky or careful.
totally agree with you, we must be responsible for our own money, all of us know that making money is not easy, if you are not picky with your money, even god can not save you
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
October 28, 2017, 08:07:44 AM
i think i can call myself slightly picky and extra careful when joining ICOs. Before i join an ICO, i make sure its legit and reliable so i do some research and check on some feedbacks on the said ICO. there are a couple of ICOsout there  that are scam so we must be vigilant in joining and investing in any ICOs.

a couple? you are being kind. Smiley

I'd say 90% of them would function only in theory, they dont have scalability in mind, no decent math providing their theories and sometimes I saw ICOs without a single experienced blockchain dev in the team. Cheesy
Don't you mean 10% of them would function in theory? And 10% of the 10% would actually make it in the long run? Tongue
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
October 28, 2017, 07:47:13 AM
To be honest, when there is a free airdrop or a good bounty I just grab or join them all. After all, they are all free and whose not to love free coins, right?

But, if it comes on investing in an ICO, not only you should be picky, you should be careful and study upon joining one. This is the money you are using and investing to ICO's comes with such great risk. As you may well know, some tokens or coins succeed and others are not. Some may say majority of ICO nowadays are scam as this kind of business make dev teams get easy money in no time. Some are not, depends on the dev teams plan. Again, the only basic rules for this is that when it is free, just grab them as much as you can. If you'll invest money on it then thats the time you should be picky or careful.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
October 28, 2017, 07:40:29 AM
I have become so picky that I don't invest in them as of right now. I prefer to see how a project does on the later stages and on the market. Yes, it is more expensive to buy that way, but more safe in my opinion. Many projects now are just ideas with nothing substantial, so it's always a good idea to look for those that have something done rather than those simply pitching it to you.
Activity: 265
Merit: 100
October 28, 2017, 07:33:47 AM
Are you picky with ICOs?

Yes of course im super duper picky when it becomes to ICOs especially if I'm going to invest in them. Because if you do not check it deeply you might get scam and no one of us  tp be a victim of a scam so we all need to be picky when choosing the right ICOs we are investing in.  We need to check their whitepaper that is the most important thing, if they do not have that, oh men that is absolutely a scam. And the second thing that I'm looking for is those people behind that project, on how reliable they are maybe they are just random people that are trolling around the internet. And lastly they should always make updates from whats happening to their project.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
October 28, 2017, 07:33:23 AM
Are you picky with ICOs?

If I participate as an investor, of course, yes, because at the risk of money it is necessary to clearly understand in which company you are taking part, study the company from management, ending with the very idea of the project and how it will be in demand
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
October 28, 2017, 07:30:30 AM
Any good investor who wants to make as much money as possible through ICOs is picky. Why? Because many ICOs are either scams or will probably fail. There are many that can actually multiply your initial investment by 1000 and only a few that make you lose all your money, but instead of investing in 10 ICOs in which 9 fail and 1 has an ROI of 100,000%, you're better off investing it all in 1 that has an ROI of 20,000%. (Assuming that you invest equal amounts in each.)

Therefore, I am picky and I believe that anyone who doesn't want luck to rule his/her/its life, should be picky with picking ICOs.

Regards,
Trump
legendary
Activity: 1011
Merit: 1006
October 28, 2017, 07:25:55 AM
i think i can call myself slightly picky and extra careful when joining ICOs. Before i join an ICO, i make sure its legit and reliable so i do some research and check on some feedbacks on the said ICO. there are a couple of ICOsout there  that are scam so we must be vigilant in joining and investing in any ICOs.

a couple? you are being kind. Smiley

I'd say 90% of them would function only in theory, they dont have scalability in mind, no decent math providing their theories and sometimes I saw ICOs without a single experienced blockchain dev in the team. Cheesy
Activity: 172
October 28, 2017, 06:39:27 AM
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
October 28, 2017, 06:26:52 AM
Are you picky with ICOs?
In my opinion picky with ICos
You have to be picky if you don't want to waste your money on a scam or a shitty project. We are seeing more and more ICOs everyday and most of them don't worth to invest in. If you wanna get in a good one you need to analyze the campaign very deeply and Only then invest your precious money to an ICO.
You should really do that wise move as an investor which we should really be picky and wont be careless on selecting on those ICO or buying coins because our money is at stake and we dont really like to lose even a single dollar.This is why we should do the things that a certain investor must do which is research and research until you do see already the indication that this is really worth to invest on.
It is really a wise move.
With the knowledge of so many scammers using the ICO to steal people's funds, then not being picky just certainly you have plenty of funds and cash to give out for free.
A normal and sensible investor should know that whatever they want to get into requires proper knowledge and understanding of not just the project but the company and the team as a whole.
Activity: 85
October 27, 2017, 02:12:21 PM
But the fair answer is yes - you should be picky - there are hundreds of ICOs and it is hard to make right choices
Activity: 85
October 27, 2017, 02:10:27 PM
... Most ICOs now is a scam. Be careful.  Wink
Hey! I can't agree with you here. I think the actual % of scammers not that high - people sharing their bios, their faces, their contacts - and they care about the reputation. However, no guarantee that the project will be successful even with a real team and asset behind - that is typically what you have to deal with - evaluate project potential - understand if there is a market demand for their product, what their competition looks like, what is the next best alternatives, do they have compelling value proposition, do they have a technically strong team, etc.
Activity: 246
October 27, 2017, 01:45:48 PM
Its when the masses stop being picky and pile more than they could afford that we know the bubble is about to burst.
Activity: 126
October 27, 2017, 01:41:13 PM
always you have to be picky with every single investment not only with ICOS. Good research can make you to take the correct investment
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
October 27, 2017, 01:05:25 PM
I only join icos which have potential but i can't predict which ico is that. The only thing i do is to read their whitepaper and see the teams behind it. The next thing i do is to research about it the  see if it legitimate or not. I only put money that i can afford to lose.
Activity: 70
October 27, 2017, 01:01:52 PM
Yes I am very picky and everyone else should be also picky and careful.
Activity: 784
Merit: 252
October 27, 2017, 12:57:42 PM
Are you picky with ICOs?
yes of course i picky first before join ico i don't want to lose my money because wrong choosing ico a
Pages:
Jump to: