Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you picky with ICOs? - page 89. (Read 13441 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
November 15, 2017, 11:05:07 PM
of course, because if we choose wrong ico we could get big losses due to our carelessness in choosing the project, and all the projects that can also scam that is why we must be smart in choosing the project. How about you?
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
November 15, 2017, 10:59:11 PM
Of course, because it is your investment that is at stake. You should examine carefully before you invest. Although the risk is always there, at least youve lessen the risk that the project might fail
Activity: 112
Young, Dumb & Broke
November 15, 2017, 10:56:02 PM
Are you picky with ICOs?

Well you should be. When choosing an ICO, everyone should have a vigilant/cautious mentality. We are talking about investments here. Unless you have money to spare, then go and experiment. But if you're just a typical ordinary investor, then better know everything about the ICO your going to participate. A thorough research would be a great help for you.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
November 15, 2017, 10:09:58 PM
I am extremely picky with ICO's, and this is why all of the ICO's I participated in gave me at least 50% returns (with some going even to 500%).

I do thorough research on everything related to the project, coin and it's team, and most important things I consider are:

1. Actual use for both project and coin (good example - Binance coin, which is used for reducing the fees of trading for 50% and there will always be demand for it);
2. "Low" hard caps - in general, I only invest into projects up to $15m. Occasionally, I invest in projects with bigger cap, but only if I think there is a justified use for this kind of money explained in the whitepaper (e.g. Kyber);
3. Good team with previous experience in their respective fields;
4. It takes some effort to get in (e.g. you need to write an short answer of why you want to invest in the project, or there is some kind of whitelist that closed fast, or some kind of proof of care and so on).
Activity: 280
November 15, 2017, 10:01:17 PM
Though most ICO's are fake, scams but I don't believe that all ICO devs have bad motives. A good ICO can help us making free money just by following the rules indicated on how to join their bounty campaign that's why before joining any ICO one should investigate at first very carefully.
Activity: 588
November 15, 2017, 09:46:38 PM
Of course, I am! All of us should do the same thing, we should check first who is the campaign manager, if he is trusted or not when it comes to this. And we should know what is the mission of the ICO they are trying to do.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
November 15, 2017, 09:37:26 PM
We should be picky with an ICOs because not all ICOs is legit and a success, we have to research first about their project and its functions if it is promising for our investment.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
November 15, 2017, 09:22:39 PM
There's no reason not to be actually since we're talking about investments here. You would not trust someone your money without knowing  his/her background so same applies to ICO's. Now that they are coming in swarms, we need to filter them thoroughly.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
November 15, 2017, 05:31:41 PM
Any person should be picky about where he directs his money. Now there are many controversial ICOs that are best avoided
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
November 15, 2017, 05:30:21 PM
Yes. I choose. I very much go through the whitepapers, analize the projects, the teams strengths, marketing and how the service is provided on timely manner and so on. Our money earned through hardwork, so think, study the market and invest.
Activity: 574
Merit: 139
November 15, 2017, 05:26:50 PM
Are you picky with ICOs?
I am picky with joining bounties, but I have never invested money in ICO.
If I find good project which I think it has good goal and it is not scam then I will joining such bounty - this one for example.
Investors should always do deeper research about projects and team.
Activity: 275
We offer our Service
November 15, 2017, 05:20:27 PM
Yes I am,we should be. Not all ICOs are legit so we need to choose right, wrong decision means loosing your money so we need to be picky make sure the qualifications of an ICOs is visible to you in order to choose right.
Activity: 154
Sapien.Network-Beta Platform is Live
November 15, 2017, 04:59:23 PM
Yes of course. I got to protect my investments. I need to look into the soundness of their plan, the web presence of the developers, content of their websites and etc. At least in terms of risk and profitability, it becomes a calculated one.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
November 15, 2017, 04:25:12 PM
No. I'm not. Before invest in ICOs, I usually join their bounty to understand clearly about their projects. After that, I will consider buy their tokens if it is good.

Do you really have to join their bounty to understand the project?

I, personnaly, prefer being picky and choose carefully. I am sure it avoid me losing my time.
Of course, it can be long sometime to read and make research, but it's better than making a mistake.
Activity: 455
Merit: 106
November 15, 2017, 04:06:14 PM
Being picky is at times good, specially when dealing with currency. Choosing the right ICO to invest with will surely make your money grow, but many cases there are scammers like in this world of Cryptocurrencies. One can not know whether to engage in a trade and earn some money in return. One can only hope he or she is not in the danger of loosing his/her money. So being picky is not an argument, trust is what matters. Trusting the ICO to grow and earning good amount of money in return. Being picky with ICOs is good specially when you are looking, investigating and studying the developer/s, past history (Projects), market goals (mission or purpose of ICO) and other stuffs to consider before trusting the ICO and investing in it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
November 15, 2017, 03:41:44 PM
There are a lot of statements and comments, and all of them are correct! In this area (projects, ICO, crypto-currencies, etc.) it is not possible to be not picky, as this is a way of earning for many people!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 15, 2017, 03:19:07 PM
It's necessary to pick and choose carefully unless you don't care about losing your money.
I see a lot of ico's doing bad nowadays, only the strong will survive.
Activity: 275
SOKOS.io
November 15, 2017, 02:44:12 PM
Are you picky with ICOs?
Yes and I guess everyone does it. I only choose those who have a good roadmaps, dev team, partners and especially a higher impact in the markets. Some of ICOs now are scam so you need to research before joining.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
November 15, 2017, 02:39:42 PM
Of course I am. Before I part with my money, I want to see working product or service. I want see competence and do dedication. And above all I want to see clear direction of where the project is heading!
Activity: 112
November 15, 2017, 02:35:11 PM
Of course, it is very important to choose the right project in which you are going to invest, otherwise you can spend time on garbage and miss important.
Pages:
Jump to: