Pages:
Author

Topic: Are Your Kids Aware Of Bitcoin? Teach Them. - page 2. (Read 5550 times)

Activity: 1386
Merit: 283

I don't hate someone teaching bitcoin to children, but I strongly oppose teaching bitcoin to children who are too young. Many parents on the forum are trying to teach their children about bitcoin when they are too young to learn about bitcoin or other investments. That is the age when children need to have fun and explore everything in the world around them, not force them to follow our thoughts. And you're right, teaching them to invest too early won't make them rich in the future, but many parents aren't aware of this.
Actually this cannot be considered right and wrong as for whether you like it or not it depends on the parents who do have personal contact with their children because of course in this case even though bitcoin teaching is still very good but we also have to be able to measure the readiness of children and this goes back to parents who can see that potential.
Even if their children are at a young age but if they are ready why not do it.
We have come across several articles about young children who are quite successful in mining, for example, such as Ishaan Thakur and Aanya only because they are well facilitated because of their children's interest in this field or maybe a story that seems ridiculous because it is only based on a bet from Erik Finman but it is actually a good turning point for him in bitcoin.
Actually in this case the context is not to like it or not I think but we have to see whether or not the child is ready because indeed if it is not ready for what is being forced but basically if they already like it from the start it is even better because we as parents only need to facilitate as a container of their wishes.

I agree with what you said, if they are really interested in bitcoin, even at a young age, we can teach them. What I want to say here is I hope many parents should not force their children, should not impose their thoughts on their children, let their children grow up naturally, and respect their choices. Bitcoin is great, but it's not the only way to become rich or financially free in the world. So let them grow up the way they choose.
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
The dream of every successful businessman or woman is to have a good successor. you can not be in the light in which bitcoin has brought you to and allow your children to suffer because you failed to teach them the secret behind your wealth. Let your kids know that bitcoin is the surest way to financial freedom, teach them now that bitcoin is of more value than fiat currency, educate them about the importance of bitcoin to mankind, let them know that bitcoin has changed the economy of countries who saw the light in it and adopted it as a means of doing transactions.

Now that your kids are young and vibrant, be their tutor, ensure they are bitcoin oriented, save them from financial dependency, encourage them to rely on bitcoin instead of saving fiat currency that Depreciates now and then.

Our kids represent the leaders of tomorrow, let's teach them about bitcoin now that we can.

I think it would not be reasonable to push children at this age to acquire knowledge about cryptocurrency. Because this age is the age of children's education, if they are given extra pressure at this age, then their education will be damaged a lot. So when a child becomes an adult, the pressure of learning will be much less and they should be educated about cryptocurrency whenever they are ready to acquire knowledge about cryptocurrency on their own. I'm not putting any extra pressure on my kids about this. Because my baby can't take so much pressure at this age. Because children have very little depth of knowledge at a young age.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 714
The dream of every successful businessman or woman is to have a good successor. you can not be in the light in which bitcoin has brought you to and allow your children to suffer because you failed to teach them the secret behind your wealth. Let your kids know that bitcoin is the surest way to financial freedom, teach them now that bitcoin is of more value than fiat currency, educate them about the importance of bitcoin to mankind, let them know that bitcoin has changed the economy of countries who saw the light in it and adopted it as a means of doing transactions.
Don't ruin your child's childhood just because of the ambition to pursue financial wealth, but you must teach children how to solve the problems they started, at the right time and when they are old enough bitcoin will enter as a solution to financial freedom and that is the right time to introduce bitcoin to them. Trying to teach children too early to get to know bitcoin will have a psychological impact and the worry is that they will be lazy to go to school and are more concerned with money, at certain age stages it is not recommended to introduce children to money that exceeds their ability.

Now that your kids are young and vibrant, be their tutor, ensure they are bitcoin oriented, save them from financial dependency, encourage them to rely on bitcoin instead of saving fiat currency that Depreciates now and then.
When your children are in their teens, I agree that teaching them bitcoin is much better than saving in the bank, but the concept is that we also have to enter the learning stage about volatility and bitcoin also has risks if not invested properly. Every parent will definitely give the best for their child and I believe if they don't get the same opportunities as us in bitcoin it doesn't mean they ignore it, but sometimes direction will find its own way for them in facing financial problems.
Activity: 823
Merit: 104
I think it is better to wait until they are of the right age and level of understanding to introduce them to the concept of cryptocurrencies than try to force them to understand this knowledge. Just give them a basic foundation; there is no need to push too hard with advanced knowledge. After all, at this age, their abilities are limited to a certain extent. So make sure when teaching them to observe how they behave with this knowledge. And adjust to each child's age, maturity, and understanding over time.
Activity: 672
Merit: 265
Blackjack.fun
My vision on teaching kids if following. Of course I wish that they would learn things I think are important. But I dont insist on, nor force my kid to learn new. I am not the kind of parent, that has a schedule for kids. Sort of Monday - swimming, Tuesday - drawing, Wednesday - music, Thursday - extra lessons of something and etc. I try not to spoil kids childhood with extra knowledge and activities. But I dont encourage laziness. I am more like an observer. If I see kid is interesting in something - I try to find activities that will improve and give more experience of object of his interest. If my kid would be interested in crypto or investing, I will help him with that. With finding info, maybe getting a teacher or a course. But not like "my kid must learn about crypto, because I think he will get rich/because we are on crypto forum/because crypto is future/because it is trendy".
As a parent I think the thoughts you convey are similar to what I also do with my children. Because I also prefer to observe what interests my child. and then I help the potential that he has.

If it's about Bitcoin then I think one day our children will know for themselves if Bitcoin really exists until our children grow up. I remember Hal Finney's words in one of his posts where he also has bitcoins that he saves for his children. and he seems like he doesn't teach his son much. but instead he believes his child will master it on his own because he sees the potential that his child has who also has an interest in things that are still related to his own interests.

this thread reminds me of one of the topics i made in the off topic section. relating to the phases of the child that we must obey. and we have to learn before deciding to teach our children something that is a bit complicated like finance and bitcoin.

As a parent, of course I want the best for my child's future. But we need to realize and understand that there are phases in the development of our children.

teaching financial management, Bitcoin and Crypto to our children is a great thing if it is taught at the right time or phase. and certainly not by coercion or pressure.

There are 4 important phases that we must know in children's education.

1. phase of play, freedom (live like a king).
This phase ranges from 0-6 years of age. and it is in this phase that the growth and development of the brain dominates. Emotions are also more studied in this phase. and in this phase we as parents have to praise and pamper children more lovingly. let children play and imagine freely. because this phase is an important phase in brain development and also an important phase in developing golden potential for children. things that need to be avoided in this phase are yelling at the child loudly, shocking the child is also strictly prohibited in this phase because it is fatal in inhibiting the neuron cells that are developing very rapidly in the child's brain and will make the child's potential become hampered or even extinguished or suppressed . so that when an adult the child will be very difficult to develop their own potential. what we can teach in this phase is to provide games that are interesting but contain educational and creative elements to stimulate the growth and development of children's intelligence.

2. Phase in the introduction of discipline and responsibility.
This phase is at the age of 7-14 years. So maybe it's at phass that we can start teaching children about money management. such as setting an example to children about saving. But it must be done slowly but consistently. We as parents must set a good example. and maybe a little hard on children at this age a little bit is allowed. because in this phase is the phase in the formation of our child's personality. so we have to really make children know a responsibility and discipline in life. and if we spoil children too much during this phase, it will actually make your child a child with a weak personality. in this phase also our children must be informed about what obligations they have to do. telling children about building a future and pursuing an ideal during this phase can be a motivation for them. and we tell them where the best places to save are. Introducing investment and crypto can also be started in this phase and of course at the level of basic knowledge.

3. The phase of building relationships with children (becoming friends for our children)
This phase is at the age of 15-21 years. well, in this phase we have to be more able to build relationships with children like friends. so that our children remain comfortable to talk to us. and the child keeps asking for solutions and discussing with us every time he gets a problem. and we must attach importance to rationality at this stage. we give advice like a friend as well as a parent. if we are too hard in this phase it will actually make our children close to us and even our children will prefer to confide in their friends rather than us. maybe in this phase we can introduce our children to our investments and all about crypto and bitcoin that we have learned so far. because of course at this age they will need this knowledge.

4. Phase of Freedom, Independence and trust.
 In this phase our child is an adult and let him become an independent person and be able to solve his problems independently. But our advice is still needed for our children. be it moral advice, life or financial advice.

References and basic sources of thought : Klikpsikolog.com
Activity: 588
Merit: 289
I'm on board with your thinking here .
I'm leaving some bitcoin on a ledger for my kids they're 7 and 4 now .
I talk to my 7 year old about Crypto as he's heard about BTC and Doge through Roblox! He understands the value of money and appreciates anything we do for him which is a blessing
Is good to teach our kids about the value of money and how to secure our money from intruders or scammers, but then I am kind of concerned about the age of your child.

7 years old child is not old enough to truly understand financial management and the true value of money, and he/she can easily be carried away there by exposing vital information.

Hope when I will have kids there will be more cases about teaching them about it
Every parent wants their children to be successful and successful when they grow up, because that is the nature of almost all parents in this world. Even for any parent, it has become a habit to pass on their wealth to their children, in the form of business, land, gold, and in this era what might happen in the future is to inherit bitcoins. Passing on property to children who are owned is not a problem, just like giving bitcoin to children, it will definitely make the child happy. But if you are still underage, I think it would be bad if you gave him a very valuable asset like bitcoin. Because even though the child already knows about the existence of bitcoin at this time, it does not guarantee the safety that will be issued from his mouth to other people, especially to adults who are sorry to want to seize it. Like giving a big company, to children who are under the age of 10, of course, the results will not be good. So it would be better if you want to pass on bitcoin to your descendants when the child is at least 17 years old. Because at that age everyone also definitely knows about what it means to take care of the property they have.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
My kid is still not aware of Bitcoin. That is my plan to do when they reach the right age i will teach and educate them about bitcoin and other crypto currencies. I will start explaining them what bitcoin is and how it works. I will also sight some examples for them to properly understand how can we use bitcoin in our daily lives. I will teach them the importance of keeping the Bitcoin and secure and i will explain to them on how to create a secure wallet and the importance of keeping the private keys in a safe place.

Good that you have planned to do all that. But at what age exactly are you going to start educating them about Bitcoin? And what would the main purpose of that education? To turn them into early investors, with a hope that they will turn cent into million in future. Or just for them to be aware of technology and opportunities of it? Or you think that they should learn about crypto now, because in 5 years, for example, crypto will be everywhere?

This is what I'm thinking, I see most people intend to teach bitcoin to their children, many believe in teaching them as early as possible, even for 3rd graders.
Most of us invest in bitcoin for money and want to be rich, so I wouldn't be surprised if they want their children to be like them. Teach bitcoin to let your children become investors and earn millions of dollars. I don't think anyone will teach about the technology or other benefits of bitcoin because even if they don't care about those things themselves, how can they teach others?

So basically, the reason you want to teach your kids about crypto is about getting rich. Imho that is bad. First, you go away from idea of Bitcoin into idea of earning. Second, if you want your kids to get rich as soon as possible, let them go to work then, instead of kindergarten or school. Why only teach them Bitcoin, when you can teach them about stocks? Why not tell that spending money they've got from Christmas or Bday presents on Apple or Tesla stocks is way better than buying toys? Because instead of toys, in future they might get something bigger or better?

I feel sad when parents want to teach their kids something, that will turn into money in future. Teach Bitcoin, to get money. Let, or better say force them to do sports, to make them a pro athlete with millionaire contracts. I feel sad when for people money is the only measurement they accept. Not experience, not success, but money.

I don't hate someone teaching bitcoin to children, but I strongly oppose teaching bitcoin to children who are too young. Many parents on the forum are trying to teach their children about bitcoin when they are too young to learn about bitcoin or other investments. That is the age when children need to have fun and explore everything in the world around them, not force them to follow our thoughts. And you're right, teaching them to invest too early won't make them rich in the future, but many parents aren't aware of this.

My vision on teaching kids if following. Of course I wish that they would learn things I think are important. But I dont insist on, nor force my kid to learn new. I am not the kind of parent, that has a schedule for kids. Sort of Monday - swimming, Tuesday - drawing, Wednesday - music, Thursday - extra lessons of something and etc. I try not to spoil kids childhood with extra knowledge and activities. But I dont encourage laziness. I am more like an observer. If I see kid is interesting in something - I try to find activities that will improve and give more experience of object of his interest. If my kid would be interested in crypto or investing, I will help him with that. With finding info, maybe getting a teacher or a course. But not like "my kid must learn about crypto, because I think he will get rich/because we are on crypto forum/because crypto is future/because it is trendy".
Activity: 742
Merit: 612
My kid is still not aware of Bitcoin. That is my plan to do when they reach the right age i will teach and educate them about bitcoin and other crypto currencies. I will start explaining them what bitcoin is and how it works. I will also sight some examples for them to properly understand how can we use bitcoin in our daily lives. I will teach them the importance of keeping the Bitcoin and secure and i will explain to them on how to create a secure wallet and the importance of keeping the private keys in a safe place.

Good that you have planned to do all that. But at what age exactly are you going to start educating them about Bitcoin? And what would the main purpose of that education? To turn them into early investors, with a hope that they will turn cent into million in future. Or just for them to be aware of technology and opportunities of it? Or you think that they should learn about crypto now, because in 5 years, for example, crypto will be everywhere?

This is what I'm thinking, I see most people intend to teach bitcoin to their children, many believe in teaching them as early as possible, even for 3rd graders.
Most of us invest in bitcoin for money and want to be rich, so I wouldn't be surprised if they want their children to be like them. Teach bitcoin to let your children become investors and earn millions of dollars. I don't think anyone will teach about the technology or other benefits of bitcoin because even if they don't care about those things themselves, how can they teach others?

So basically, the reason you want to teach your kids about crypto is about getting rich. Imho that is bad. First, you go away from idea of Bitcoin into idea of earning. Second, if you want your kids to get rich as soon as possible, let them go to work then, instead of kindergarten or school. Why only teach them Bitcoin, when you can teach them about stocks? Why not tell that spending money they've got from Christmas or Bday presents on Apple or Tesla stocks is way better than buying toys? Because instead of toys, in future they might get something bigger or better?

I feel sad when parents want to teach their kids something, that will turn into money in future. Teach Bitcoin, to get money. Let, or better say force them to do sports, to make them a pro athlete with millionaire contracts. I feel sad when for people money is the only measurement they accept. Not experience, not success, but money.

Actually this cannot be considered right and wrong as for whether you like it or not it depends on the parents who do have personal contact with their children because of course in this case even though bitcoin teaching is still very good but we also have to be able to measure the readiness of children and this goes back to parents who can see that potential.
Even if their children are at a young age but if they are ready why not do it.
We have come across several articles about young children who are quite successful in mining, for example, such as Ishaan Thakur and Aanya only because they are well facilitated because of their children's interest in this field or maybe a story that seems ridiculous because it is only based on a bet from Erik Finman but it is actually a good turning point for him in bitcoin.
Actually in this case the context is not to like it or not I think but we have to see whether or not the child is ready because indeed if it is not ready for what is being forced but basically if they already like it from the start it is even better because we as parents only need to facilitate as a container of their wishes.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10143
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
...Teaching them early could be a good start of curiosity as well since they will wonder what is bitcoin, they might or might not search about it in the future but getting the idea will at least make them wonder and maybe they will become an investor like what we are as well.
I'd say that investing is a very small part of what should children be taught about bitcoin. Information and digital security and how to operate new irreversible money systems and what is important to understand with that, — there is so many things children should know before starting using bitcoin. Unfortunately not all the parents can teach that as even many on this forum consider bitcoin just as an investment and sometimes even hold it on exchanges or in custodial wallets... So majority of us should still learn something about bitcoin ourselves as well. Grin

Yep.. You cannot really teach something if you do not really understand it very well yourself, and if you have a lot of misunderstandings or even perverted ideas about what bitcoin is as compared with other assets classes and as compared with various shitcoins, then you may well end up teaching dumb-ass information to your kids and whether or not they become dumber than you or sometimes kids are able to recognize how dumb their parents are and to figure out their own path.. yet many of us also likely realize that many times kids will go through phases in which they think that they know way more than they do, too.. so there are likely a lot of balances that might be attempted to be reached in terms of both sharing useful knowledge with kids, recognizing places in which the parent might not be sufficiently familiar to teach, and then also potentially using the opportunities to teach kids as a way to better learn the subject matter that they are attempting to teach.

So, yeah.... how much time might any parent have to teach his/her kid about bitcoin-related topics might also depend upon how many hours a parent is choosing or feeling forced to have to work in whatever kinds of cash earning activities that s/he is partaking on a weekly or monthly basis.. and then maybe figuring out how to employ time-management skills to figure out if there might be times in which s/he might study more about and into bitcoin and to potentially schedule time in which s/he might specifically share such knowledge with kids - beyond perhaps the kid emulating the parent or merely the various interactions that might also incidentally take place between parent and child whether in the regular daily activities or in specially planned and scheduled activities too.... There are likely learning opportunities that come up in a variety of situations on a weekly/monthly basis, and there likely is also a quite a bit of discretion regarding how to treat any of the potentially learning opportunity situations that come up along the way in any parental/child relationship/interactions.

You are likely not saying anything wrong, Wend.  For sure, many of us have already talked about age-appropriate ways of talking about or teaching kids, and so there should be some common sense that 4-8 year olds may well not really need to know about investing, beyond the fact that investing exists, but they may well need to become aware that money does not arrive to the parents out of thin air, so they might need to be exposed to information in relationship to some of the various ways that money comes to their parents - and that later in life (perhaps between 8 years and 12 years old), further specifics might be described to kids or even they might become involved in terms of managing some of their own money and/or spending or savings habits, so further topics might become more relevant in the 8-12 age as compared to topics that had been relevant in the 4-8 years of age time periods.

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 2916
Teaching them early could be a good start of curiosity as well since they will wonder what is bitcoin, they might or might not search about it in the future but getting the idea will at least make them wonder and maybe they will become an investor like what we are as well.

I'd say that investing is a very small part of what should children be taught about bitcoin. Information and digital security and how to operate new irreversible money systems and what is important to understand with that, — there is so many things children should know before starting using bitcoin. Unfortunately not all the parents can teach that as even many on this forum consider bitcoin just as an investment and sometimes even hold it on exchanges or in custodial wallets... So majority of us should still learn something about bitcoin ourselves as well. Grin
legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 419
Cashback 15%

Our kids represent the leaders of tomorrow, let's teach them about bitcoin now that we can.

I will teach them to my children as well but maybe if they were a teenager already since they already have some responsibility, if they are 2nd graders it doesnt really make sense. I mean yeah, but as a kid, they don't really have that responsibility yet and it doesnt make sense yet to them, something like investing but for sure its a good start if you're teaching them how to save, like when you're giving them money make sure that they keep a small percentage of it or buy bitcoin using that money. At least they have a good start on saving and investing money.

Teaching them early could be a good start of curiosity as well since they will wonder what is bitcoin, they might or might not search about it in the future but getting the idea will at least make them wonder and maybe they will become an investor like what we are as well.
Activity: 868
Merit: 38
Join hands and help me to grow everybody...
Teaching your children bitcoin is very important in case if you die and head so that another person can have access to your bitcoin wallet I've not seen anything back for transferring your knowledge of cryptocurrency directly to your children it will make it then to have the knowledge of what you're doing especially things that do with privacy in cryptocurrency so my own understanding teaching children bitcoin affiliate stage is the most perfect time so that they can understand it very well
The reason you can teach your children bitcoin is not only because of your dead but at least making them to know the digital currency that has been taken all over the world because in time coming cryptocurrency will a dominant especially bitcoin nobody would like to use a Fiat currency again so it is the best opportunity or time to teach your children the information concerning bitcoin so I don't think it is bad of teaching your children of Bitcoin
Activity: 686
Merit: 21
Teaching your children bitcoin is very important in case if you die and head so that another person can have access to your bitcoin wallet I've not seen anything back for transferring your knowledge of cryptocurrency directly to your children it will make it then to have the knowledge of what you're doing especially things that do with privacy in cryptocurrency so my own understanding teaching children bitcoin affiliate stage is the most perfect time so that they can understand it very well

Activity: 227
Merit: 10

I do agree with the opinion, but the thing is that we are discussing here about the trends, opportunities and profession adapted to. Although everyone knows better that how he/she can do for their children’s. If we decide the direction of our children’s by considering the traditional methods as correct, than there might be a mistake somewhere.  There are many other sectors like business, trade, etc. and being a member of Internet world, if we ignore the importance of BTC , So this will definitely be our bias. So we should give our children’s an informational point of view, give them awareness about it, rather than to force them not to join any type of such activity. Most of the youngs and newbies surely interested in BTC.

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

I support your approach, but I don't like the purpose. I prefer to respect children's own choices. Of course, necessary guidance is needed. I also have two children of my own. Boys like Internet things more, so I will I will focus on some knowledge points about WEB3. Since the girl doesn't like this kind of thing, I will guide her to do what he likes. Regarding Bitcoin or the encrypted world, it is good to know how to use it. I am different from the author because I am not a businessman.
legendary

Activity: 644
Merit: 384
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
I wish that my children could benefit from Bitcoin too but I don't want to make some mistakes that my parents made with us again, my parents never supported me when I believed in crypto and Bitcoin, I faced all the challenges on my own and they started fo supports once the results are showing up and I was able to support my them with the money I made from Bitcoin.

If I had listened to their warnings I wouldn't have made it through Bitcoin investment, so if I have my own children I won't force anything on them, Bitcoin lectures will come later after I have seen each and every potential they have, I have to make sure that Bitcoin won't steal their dream from them.

Just because Bitcoin gave me my freedom doesn't mean that Bitcoin is all there is for my children, this is a no-no, As good as Bitcoin is, do you know that it could be a dream killer for your children? Watch them grow up and know them very well, I will only introduce Bitcoin into their lives when I believe that it won't make them change their ways.
Pages:
Jump to: