Pages:
Author

Topic: ۩ ARKDAO - the first DAO applied to a webservice IS ONLINE! ۩ - page 5. (Read 13802 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 100
If you download the Keystore/json files in myetherwallet.com its able to recieve a bot.Thanks in advance.
Activity: 213
hallo
Now, I have been following from th beginnng and I must say I am thrilled with the level of maturity and detailed answer you have provided @Gosh.

This project is a big one and we all hoping for the best. However, I have some questions which I know will be beneficial to others aside from the CRYPTO gurus here. Now I have made effort to follow every post. My concerns are as follows

1. I have made efforts to download the MIST Browser saw many options but downloaded the one related to my operating system, in my opinion, just like google chrome or mozilla, I have installed it. What NEXT?

Choose Main-net
Start Downloading (could take hours , sometimes days)
Usually once you downloaded THE WHOLE blockchain Mist allows you to create a new wallet.
If you can't download before monday: connect to http://www.myetherwallet.com
Create a new wallet there (save your KEYSTORE/JSON file)
Send me your address
I attach your BOTS to your wallet
Now once Mist is ready you must find your INVISIBLE ETHEREUM folder in your computer

~/.ethereum on Linux
    ~/Library/Ethereum on OS X
    ~/AppData/Roaming/Ethereum on Windows

just drop the KEYSTORE file in the KEYSTORE folder

I can't find the 'KEYSTORE FOLDER' what I can find are
Chain data
Dapp
Nodes
Node key folders. Please way forward

If you don't have it inside the ethereum hidden folder, so create it, just near the chaindata. It should be enough... OR once you have Mist use it to create a wallet an Mist will add the folder if missing
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
Now, I have been following from th beginnng and I must say I am thrilled with the level of maturity and detailed answer you have provided @Gosh.

This project is a big one and we all hoping for the best. However, I have some questions which I know will be beneficial to others aside from the CRYPTO gurus here. Now I have made effort to follow every post. My concerns are as follows

1. I have made efforts to download the MIST Browser saw many options but downloaded the one related to my operating system, in my opinion, just like google chrome or mozilla, I have installed it. What NEXT?

Choose Main-net
Usually once you downloaded THE WHOLE blockchain Mist allows you to create a new wallet.
Send me your address
Now once Mist is ready you must find your INVISIBLE ETHEREUM folder in your computer

~/.ethereum on Linux

I can't find the 'KEYSTORE FOLDER' what I can find are
Chain data
Dapp
Nodes
Node key folders. Please way forward
hallo
This may be very soon one of the answers

https://status.im/

A browser for mobile, all the world is waiting for this step.
To all BOUNTY HUNTERS and NON

again: You will need Mist Browser in order to interact with ARK (Parity may work, we didn't test it)

So start downloading Mist please, because it takes time.
Using Mist you can access wallet.ethereum.org

there you can safely create your eth wallet

ARK address will come at realease time.

We can't grant other wallets to be working.

You will need your KEYSTORE/JSON file , so if you created your wallet outside Mist you can easy import it.
Just drop your KEYSTORE/JSON in hidden ethereum folder, inside keystore, and your wallet will appear.

If you gave us a wallet you can't control, you won't be able to manage the BOTs and the income produced.
Your bot will work and earn, and you won't be able to get the money.
Those money will be stuck inside forever, so please pay attention, in case (for bounty hunters) send a new wallet before the end of the week.
Your bots will be associated to the new one.

thanks for understanding

Can I use myetherwallet ? because I downloaded mist wallet in my cpu can not work
http://imgur.com/a/9o1fn
http://imgur.com/a/NE7Yi

same with me, i'm only using myetherwallet, cause another coin based ethereum can using myetherwallet too, i hope this can too

As long as you have your KEYSTORE/JSON file there is no problem.
I can associate the BOTS to the wallet.
However, in order to interact with your BOTS you will have to enter Mist, or use any other tool to interact with the blockchain.
Anyway, if customers start coming, and you can't enter the system, your BOTS will be working anyway with no problem.
If there is an income you don't loose anything, your income will wait for you inside ARK.

If you still have problems later (maybe you don't have enough hard-disk space), the guys at https://status.im/ are on the way to publish the mobile browser.
That one should work easily on any device , since you don't have to download the whole blockchain.

I wrote in a precedent comment that BOTS aren't standard tokens, in fact they are more like tools. Beeing not standard, you don't see them at my etherwallet!
If you want to see them and you don't have Mist or you can't download geth, a solution (I don't see another solution at the moment) just go to a crypto friend's house and ask him to have a look. You drop your KEYSTORE/JSON file in his ethereum folder (you don't need to give any password so you are safe) and have a look inside Mist, connect to ARK and you will see your BOTS. ARK is a dapp, like the most of ethereum things, the problem the people are experiencing depend on the few tools available, but soon more will come. Have a look at http://dapps.ethercasts.com/
Those are all ethereum dapps, if you don't have a browser like Mist (or parity or geth or whatever) you remain out of the ecosystem.

Yesterday I partially tested Parity Browser. It was downloading the blockchain pretty fast.
You may try it, maybe it will be faster, but then I suggest you to use ARK using Mist, since the problem isn't Mist but just syncing and downloading the blockchain.

You BOTs won't escape, no panic  Wink

People, as already Gosh told you, you need MIST and you will need some time to download blockchain. I needed aprox. 10hours to download and sync on Windows 10.
So just to help you to make it faster I'd like to share my experience:
1. go into your MIST directory / resources/node/geth and creat bat file with following command: geth.exe --fast --cache 2048  pause  ---- you can use 1024 if you have slow PC
2a. when you launch your bat file you cann get some errors that you can't see if you run only MIST app (if you don't see errors you can wait until christmas to sync blockchain)
2b. After running bat exe I got an error: ''Your computer's clock is not synced'' so I needed some time (2hours) to get my windows 10 to sync with internet time (it was only 2ms out of sync but MIST didn't download blockchain anyway).
3. u need aprox 10GB after download blockchain so if you have a slow connection u better start today
4. and the last but not least you have to somehow import your eth wallet into mist - forget importing. You need another to make another bat file in same directory and  import manualy key into MIST and creat password or like Gosh said jost copy into eth folder

So again if you wish to play the game from the start; start downloading MIST Today

With this your procedure its making it more complicated rather than simplifying it. Download of 10gb is rather expensive in some parts of the world. Maybe someone can give a simpler version or platform on way to go about it. My opinion though
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
BTC. ETC. EOS
Malayalam Translation completed:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1590307.new#new

Please take a look!
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

again: You will need Mist Browser in order to interact with ARK (Parity may work, we didn't test it)

You will need your KEYSTORE/JSON file , so if you created your wallet outside Mist you can easy import it.
Just drop your KEYSTORE/JSON in hidden ethereum folder, inside keystore, and your wallet will appear.

If you gave us a wallet you can't control, you won't be able to manage the BOTs and the income produced.
Those money will be stuck inside forever, so please pay attention, in case (for bounty hunters) send a new wallet before the end of the week.

thanks for understanding

Can I use myetherwallet ? because I downloaded mist wallet in my cpu can not work

same with me, i'm only using myetherwallet, cause another coin based ethereum can using myetherwallet too, i hope this can too

However, in order to interact with your BOTS you will have to enter Mist, or use any other tool to interact with the blockchain.
Anyway, if customers start coming, and you can't enter the system, your BOTS will be working anyway with no problem.
If there is an income you don't loose anything, your income will wait for you inside ARK.

If you still have problems later (maybe you don't have enough hard-disk space), the guys at https://status.im/ are on the way to publish the mobile browser.
That one should work easily on any device , since you don't have to download the whole blockchain.

I wrote in a precedent comment that BOTS aren't standard tokens, in fact they are more like tools. Beeing not standard, you don't see them at my etherwallet!
If you want to see them and you don't have Mist or you can't download geth, a solution (I don't see another solution at the moment) just go to a crypto friend's house and ask him to have a look. You drop your KEYSTORE/JSON file in his ethereum folder (you don't need to give any password so you are safe) and have a look inside Mist, connect to ARK and you will see your BOTS. ARK is a dapp, like the most of ethereum things, the problem the people are experiencing depend on the few tools available, but soon more will come. Have a look at http://dapps.ethercasts.com/
Those are all ethereum dapps, if you don't have a browser like Mist (or parity or geth or whatever) you remain out of the ecosystem.

Yesterday I partially tested Parity Browser. It was downloading the blockchain pretty fast.
You may try it, maybe it will be faster, but then I suggest you to use ARK using Mist, since the problem isn't Mist but just syncing and downloading the blockchain.

You BOTs won't escape, no panic  Wink

People, as already Gosh told you, you need MIST and you will need some time to download blockchain. I needed aprox. 10hours to download and sync on Windows 10.
So just to help you to make it faster I'd like to share my experience:
1. go into your MIST directory / resources/node/geth and creat bat file with following command: geth.exe --fast --cache 2048  pause  ---- you can use 1024 if you have slow PC
2a. when you launch your bat file you cann get some errors that you can't see if you run only MIST app (if you don't see errors you can wait until christmas to sync blockchain)
2b. After running bat exe I got an error: ''Your computer's clock is not synced'' so I needed some time (2hours) to get my windows 10 to sync with internet time (it was only 2ms out of sync but MIST didn't download blockchain anyway).
3. u need aprox 10GB after download blockchain so if you have a slow connection u better start today
4. and the last but not least you have to somehow import your eth wallet into mist - forget importing. You need another to make another bat file in same directory and  import manualy key into MIST and creat password or like Gosh said jost copy into eth folder

So again if you wish to play the game from the start; start downloading MIST Today

Choose Main-net
Send me your address

~/.ethereum on Linux

Now when you start Mist again (if not immediately) it will show you your wallet
Mist is a browser, if you connect to wallet.ethereum.org using mist you can see your wallets and create more

then nothing else
Just wait monday and connect to http://ark.monkeyscage.org (with Mist of course)
You will see ARK and on the bottom, a wallet manager showing your BOTs, your wallet external balance, and your ARK balance.

If you computer is fast, you may have the time to download the testnet, so in case you can test ARK from sunday on testnet
In order to make some tests you may need some test-eth
So once the testnet downloaded, just go on MENU > DEVELOP > START MINING
and you will collect some test-eth

good luck with downloading the blockchain
Now it works better, in January it took me one month to have a working computer with ethereum!

So in emergency go to myetherewallet.com so we can associate your BOTs before the launch
(the first bots of the list are the first serving the customers, so they are the first to earning something)
The plan is to give to all bounty hunters the very first bots, before admitting the rest of the community...

Thank you for taking your time for this information. I am sure it wont only be beneficiary to me but to others as well... Thank you so much. I will send the address to you via PM and in addition on Sunday whatever its going to take in my capacity, we are testing it together on Sunday and on Monday we launch together...
hallo

Choose Main-net
Send me your address

~/.ethereum on Linux

Now when you start Mist again (if not immediately) it will show you your wallet
Mist is a browser, if you connect to wallet.ethereum.org using mist you can see your wallets and create more

then nothing else
Just wait monday and connect to http://ark.monkeyscage.org (with Mist of course)
You will see ARK and on the bottom, a wallet manager showing your BOTs, your wallet external balance, and your ARK balance.

If you computer is fast, you may have the time to download the testnet, so in case you can test ARK from sunday on testnet
In order to make some tests you may need some test-eth
So once the testnet downloaded, just go on MENU > DEVELOP > START MINING
and you will collect some test-eth

good luck with downloading the blockchain
Now it works better, in January it took me one month to have a working computer with ethereum!

So in emergency go to myetherewallet.com so we can associate your BOTs before the launch
(the first bots of the list are the first serving the customers, so they are the first to earning something)
The plan is to give to all bounty hunters the very first bots, before admitting the rest of the community...

hallo
BOUNTY IS OFF!

May be the launch day, we restart it...

Now the last tests, see you on ethereum testnet this Sunday.

Using Mist, you can mine in advance some test-eth to make your experiments this sunday.

Go to Mist menu > DEVELOP > Network > testnet

then DEVELOP > "start mining (Testnet only)"

After a while you should collect some test-eth

hallo

thanks for understanding

You BOTs won't escape, no panic  Wink
Activity: 1274
Merit: 521
7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

thanks for understanding

hallo
How do you know that your contract is secure? Or if it is not will you qualify for an ETH hard fork as well?

Logic question.

The part of the code related to money is very simple. Anyone will be able to audit the code.

Of course , since everything can happen, the community may need to "make adjustments" to the code, and as you know, once you deploy the contract it is not possible to change anything.

ARK is modular. If the problem emerges in one of the modules, it is really not a problem.
If the problem emerges in the "core" contract (the real collaborative market, where the bots are and the multiplexers operate) so things become more "problematic".

This is how we move in that case.

We find the problem in the code
We fix the code
We deploy again
We create a TRUSTLESS BLUEPRINTER CONTRACT
We connect the blueprinter between the old and the new ARK
We click a button
We transfer the properties
We deprecate the previous contract
We use the new one

And anyone can see that the blueprinter is just a smart contract
and it is not possible to have any errors

But I am talking about some kind of bug
I make an example:
ARK sends invoices to customers, and registers the bills in the memory
each bill has a number
Now imagine there's a bug and all bills have the wrong number
something like bill 1 is actually bill 2
and bill 2 is actually bill 3
so all bills are messed up, with a x-1 number
This of course isn't acceptable and must be fixed

About money..
The meaning of the collaborative multiplexer is that the income isn't waiting in the system until we reach an amount, but when your bot serves the customer you can withdraw.
YOu probably withdraw because you want to invest somewhere else
I think there won't be big money inside the contract
maybe few eth

If there are problems, I will be the one in charge to fix... lol
So far I am pretty comfortable.
If someone comes and finds a way to steal all the bots, well, everything is registered

Anyway the code is relatively simple
THE_DAO was an articulated system
I modularized ARK, but one week ago it was a single contract
So pretty simple. If you aren't a super expert you should be able to audit it quite quickly anyway

Look here the widthdraw function (so simple):

function withdraw(){
        uint t=balances[msg.sender];
        balances[msg.sender]=0;
        if(!(msg.sender.send(t)))throw;
        }

If you find a way to steal money from this, the ethereum foundation will give you a huge bounty
(me too lol)
Any suggestion is welcome
I hope I answered to your question

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
How do you know that your contract is secure? Or if it is not will you qualify for an ETH hard fork as well?
Activity: 882
Merit: 500

thanks for understanding

Activity: 210
hallo
I can provide Chinese Translation Grin

We already have a chinese translation  Undecided
hallo
Hey Gosh, Swedish ANN translation completed, please see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1587413.new#new
Edit: I'll post ETH address later.

thanks for your help
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
Hey Gosh, Swedish ANN translation completed, please see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1587413.new#new
Edit: I'll post ETH address later.
Pages:
Jump to: