Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Auction: 50 Block Erupter Blades CHECK OP FOR PAYMENT - page 4. (Read 138588 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Probably would have been if the forum could cope with it. This one was such a mess towards the end I suspect they didn't want a repeat showing?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Batch 3 went up at 2.30am for me so couldn't get any Sad I think it should have been another auction, not 'whoever'stimezonefitsgetsthem'.
Think I found it. It requires the entire HTTP POST in one packet, I noticed it was sending the "rebooting" response right after the first packet. It also seemed to require having the "update=Update/Restart" field in otherwise it only updated some settings but not others, but it seems to be working now.
friedcat, could I possibly pick you brains for a moment please?

I'm trying to automate reconfiguring these blades by POSTing up a webform generated programmatically, but I must be mucking something up, because the changes aren't taking effect. I've noticed that on a successful submit from my browser, I get code "631" in the return string, and when trying to do it programatically I get "148" - what do these mean and any quick tips about what I might be doing wrong here..

Example request I send up:
Code:
POST /Upload_Data HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
User-Agent: Ruby
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Host: 192.168.0.125:8000
Content-Length: 65

MPRT=8343%2C8342&USPA=rfcpool.asic4%3A1234%2CCaesium_asic4%3A1234

In this example I only sent user/pass and ports since that's all I wanted to change, but the same happens if I set any/all combinations of fields as far as I can tell..

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 879
Merit: 1013
What switch do you have?

If it's a basic, cheap one then it's very likely that it cannot keep up with multiple ports used at the same time.

As with other tech stuff, the lower end devices are usually not suitable for 24/7 use or high load.

DLink DGS 2208. I've already ordered a replacement, HP Procurve 1810-8G v2.

The D-Link works fine for saturating the gigabit link to my NAS, but it seems it can't keep up with the stratum protocol.

I have a procurve 1400 and it works fine. Smiley
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
What switch do you have?

If it's a basic, cheap one then it's very likely that it cannot keep up with multiple ports used at the same time.

As with other tech stuff, the lower end devices are usually not suitable for 24/7 use or high load.

DLink DGS 2208. I've already ordered a replacement, HP Procurve 1810-8G v2.

The D-Link works fine for saturating the gigabit link to my NAS, but it seems it can't keep up with the stratum protocol.
99.3 and 99.1 to slush's via proxy, otherwise about 97 to getawork btcguild

Maybe I'm doing something wrong; anything look glaringly "oops" here?

http://i.imgur.com/DeKW8iH.png

When I start mine, it always starts with really low efficiency, I'd wait 30 minutes a few hours. it went up to about 97% for me

Ive been mining at bitparking and my backup is guild.

Tried a different location for the stratum proxy on the physical network, now I'm pulling 12.2 gh/s with 97%.

Here's how it was before: -> Miner - Router - Switch - Server with proxies
Now with a 7% increase: -> Miner - Router - Proxy Server

Thanks for taking the time to look at the problem. I'm sure something else will pop up though, it always does Cheesy

What switch do you have?

http://i.imgur.com/DeKW8iH.png

When I start mine, it always starts with really low efficiency, I'd wait 30 minutes a few hours. it went up to about 97% for me

Tried a different location for the stratum proxy on the physical network, now I'm pulling 12.2 gh/s with 97%.

Here's how it was before: -> Miner - Router - Switch - Server with proxies
Now with a 7% increase: -> Miner - Router - Proxy Server

Thanks for taking the time to look at the problem. I'm sure something else will pop up though, it always does Cheesy
Activity: 812
Merit: 505
The Last NXT Founder

legendary
dogiecoin.com
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I'm not confident to run those beauties in HIGH clock because I'm not sure what friedcat means by "if you are having heat problems".

Does anyone knows what configures a heat problem?

What is recommended operating temperature?
Where is the recommended place to measure temperature? Radiator? PCB? On top of hashing chip?

Run them in high. If they get too hot, they'll restart and go into low clocks - that's your warning.
Too hot means the boards are resetting, although arguably we'd want these boards as close to room temp as possible.
I'd say radiator is the only place you can really measure.
How have you mounted the mini fans onto the heatsinks?

I've mounted the fans using liquid epox, they withstand high temperatures.

With the clock in high they get so hot you can only keep your hand over it for 15 seconds or less.

To overclock you need 2x120mm fan on each.
desired, which pool are you on?
Activity: 352
Founder, BTCJAM
I'm not confident to run those beauties in HIGH clock because I'm not sure what friedcat means by "if you are having heat problems".

Does anyone knows what configures a heat problem?

What is recommended operating temperature?
Where is the recommended place to measure temperature? Radiator? PCB? On top of hashing chip?

Run them in high. If they get too hot, they'll restart and go into low clocks - that's your warning.
Too hot means the boards are resetting, although arguably we'd want these boards as close to room temp as possible.
I'd say radiator is the only place you can really measure.
How have you mounted the mini fans onto the heatsinks?

I've mounted the fans using liquid epox, they withstand high temperatures.

With the clock in high they get so hot you can only keep your hand over it for 15 seconds or less.
Quote from: candoo
How do you use 2 stratum proxys? Can they both listen at the same port?

I have two Virtual Debian instances running, and the way I've seen them work is on occasion one of the proxies loses the connection past XXX ms and the other one picks it up without losing a beat. Minimizes random timeout issues.
Activity: 602
Vertrau in Gott
Which pool/setup?

Slush, using 2 local stratum proxies to balance out. I'm located in TX.

How do you use 2 stratum proxys? Can they both listen at the same port?
Mine on slush for better efficiency.

I have been.

Total MHS:   11182
Received:   0000037157
Accepted:   0000034475
Per Minute:   153.00
Efficiency:   092.78%
Up Time:   0d,03h,45m,19s
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
What Efficiency are you guys receiving? I'm currently at 92.49% and the highest I've seen it at was 94%. Any tips to raise it up?

Total MHS:   12528
Received:   0000035408
Accepted:   0000035260
Per Minute:   171.15
Efficiency:   099.58%
Up Time:   0d,03h,26m,01s

Mine on slush for better efficiency.
Pages:
Jump to: