Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Auction: 50 Block Erupter Blades CHECK OP FOR PAYMENT - page 7. (Read 138588 times)

Activity: 557
Merit: 500
For the owners with overheating problems. Don't concentrate your fans directly on the heatsink of each blade. Try to create an "air channel" placing fans in push and pull configuration. in my experience it's a lot better.

It's easy to mount the blades vertically using the method shown by lightbox.

I'm cooling 4 blades with 1x180mm fan and 2x120mm, without heat problems. It's important to have the hot air removed from the room as well.

Yes.  Don't blow air onto the heat sink, draw air through the fins and out through the fan.  The fan should be positioned directly next to the sink and you should feel slightly warm air on your hand. 
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
My blade started rebooting this day about every two hours. The power board is about 70C. Set clock to low to see what happens.
Should not be a pool problem. I have a fallback pool and every time I notice the blade has rebooted the pool is switched too. Seems the blade stops hashing, then switches pool, then rebootes, then hashes normally for some time.
Activity: 879
Merit: 1013
For the owners with overheating problems. Don't concentrate your fans directly on the heatsink of each blade. Try to create an "air channel" placing fans in push and pull configuration. in my experience it's a lot better.

It's easy to mount the blades vertically using the method shown by lightbox.

I'm cooling 4 blades with 1x180mm fan and 2x120mm, without heat problems. It's important to have the hot air removed from the room as well.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Wow that failed, sorry. Also one of the fans provided is leaking fluid and now growling away. What is this tiny 2 pin connector called, might get some more.

You can cut the connector off the cheapo fan and splice the red and black wires to a case fan.  Works much better and two cover the whole heat sink.

I'd sooner wire the case fan to the 12v power source you're powering the asic with.  No point drawing more power from a board than necessary if you can just use an external PSU.

I guess so. Yeah can't work out why this one board is running so hot.

Might be slightly higher voltage w/same clock = same hashrate..  some tweaking req'd Smiley

I'm going to leave it overnight. If it restarts again I'll probably give mr cat a message as I don't feel comfortable at these temps. Its giving off the 'really hot graphics card' smell and the heatsink isn't holdable. Not much more I can do to add cooling other than add some tiny vents, but we're talking +10% cooling power which isn't what this blade is asking for.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
I have 1x 200 mm fan suspended from a rack, and the blade suspended infront of it. Churning away at 10.7 gh/s, blade is cool to the touch.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
Wow that failed, sorry. Also one of the fans provided is leaking fluid and now growling away. What is this tiny 2 pin connector called, might get some more.

You can cut the connector off the cheapo fan and splice the red and black wires to a case fan.  Works much better and two cover the whole heat sink.

I'd sooner wire the case fan to the 12v power source you're powering the asic with.  No point drawing more power from a board than necessary if you can just use an external PSU.

Might be slightly higher voltage w/same clock = same hashrate..  some tweaking req'd Smiley

legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com

I have 2x120mm on the fat at the back and its still very hot to the touch. I kind of feel like its way more than 80W of heat should be. I'll take the power meter from my comp to this when I next turn of.

The 2x120mm one is actually way hotter than my 1x120mm one.

I'm using these

http://www.avadirect.com/product_print.asp?PRID=17206

No extra heat on the wires.  .38 amp on the thermaltake versus  .12 amp on the cheapos.  It shouldn't be running hot.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

I have 2x120mm on the fat at the back and its still very hot to the touch. I kind of feel like its way more than 80W of heat should be. I'll take the power meter from my comp to this when I next turn of.

The 2x120mm one is actually way hotter than my 1x120mm one.

+1 to all the Blade Runners that re-used their packaging foam as mounting.  Well played, sirs, well played.  Those fans they shipped don't cut it.  I'm using two case fans side-by-side across the heatsink and we're all good.  Tried Bitminter and failed horribly (12% efficient).  Used Slush with a separate stratum proxy and I'm at 96%. 
legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
dogiecoin.com
Remounted with more fans directly, but still hothothot.

[IMG]http://postimg.org/image/epwjuys7h/[IMG]
legendary
dogiecoin.com
I interpreted it as simply not flat on the desk, so some air can get to the ICs on the other side from the heatsink. Mine are mounted with the power/ethernet ports sticking out sideways but I've seen a couple of pics in this thread where they point up and both seem fine.

Thanks

Argh to add to my heat problems one of the boards rest after 4 hours on high, to 8 hours on low. Clearly not a MASSIVE issue but must be something wrong for it to reset at all. Power cables all nice and cool.

Please note Friedcat said "The boards reset when there are period of time during which not enough shares are accepted".
I experienced a reset too and I guess it was for this reason and not for a power related problem, since all the 4 blades had a reset at the exactly same time and they are connected to different power lines and different psu.

My gpu miner stopped mining at some point today, around the time one of the blades reset from high clocks to low. However the other one with identical settings didn't - so again I have to assume it was heat. Doubt it was power as it was running full speed for 5 hours, and it reset at about 2pm [hottest time].
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
www.easyha.sh
Argh to add to my heat problems one of the boards rest after 4 hours on high, to 8 hours on low. Clearly not a MASSIVE issue but must be something wrong for it to reset at all. Power cables all nice and cool.

Please note Friedcat said "The boards reset when there are period of time during which not enough shares are accepted".
I experienced a reset too and I guess it was for this reason and not for a power related problem, since all the 4 blades had a reset at the exactly same time and they are connected to different power lines and different psu.
Activity: 546
I interpreted it as simply not flat on the desk, so some air can get to the ICs on the other side from the heatsink. Mine are mounted with the power/ethernet ports sticking out sideways but I've seen a couple of pics in this thread where they point up and both seem fine.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Sounds like you need more fans on it - 3 of mine have been running 19 hours now on High (the other one I keep playing with and rebooting myself)

Thanks. I need to remount these as its pretty hard to get fans on at the moment. You know when he said they need to be vertical, does that mean heatsink going from bottom to top edges, or simply 'not flat on the desk'. Or could I even just have them flat but with a gap underneath? Unsure of the requirements.
Activity: 546
Sounds like you need more fans on it - 3 of mine have been running 19 hours now on High (the other one I keep playing with and rebooting myself)
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Pages:
Jump to: