Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Auction: 50 Block Erupter Blades CHECK OP FOR PAYMENT - page 6. (Read 138588 times)

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013
3rd attempt at mounting to reduce temps, ready for the new fans. This seems to be the approach most are taking, flat with a 1" gap underneath. This will be ventilated with the old 120mms once the new ones arrived.

As it has been said before, this approach is the worst, because the fans are just circulating the heat around the blade. The goal is to transfer the heat from around the blade.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
3rd attempt at mounting to reduce temps, ready for the new fans. This seems to be the approach most are taking, flat with a 1" gap underneath. This will be ventilated with the old 120mms once the new ones arrived.

donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
My blade started rebooting this day about every two hours. The power board is about 70C. Set clock to low to see what happens.
Should not be a pool problem. I have a fallback pool and every time I notice the blade has rebooted the pool is switched too. Seems the blade stops hashing, then switches pool, then rebootes, then hashes normally for some time.

This is wierd. My blade stops hashing exactly after 57 min 30 sec then swithces pool (with no hashing) then reboots. It happened 5 times in a row now. exactly 57 min 30 sec. Is it firmware bug?
We will check the firmware. But more likely it's the problem with the pool/proxy because it's too regular. Please try using a different one.

Also, 70C on the power module is a bit too high. The heatsink of our hashing board could safely heated up to >70C, but we haven't tested 70C on the power module yet.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
THIS HEAT SHALL NOT DEFEAT ME. Ordered 4x120mm 100CFM fans + a controller, will remount for the third time in an even more heat friendly configuration. Noticed something really weird and very unsettling though.

I'm drawing 262W for 2 units + 500W PSU 80+ PSU, 230V. So assuming worst case PSU is at 80% and burning 52W.
So raw board + fans of 210W. Each small fan is just over 1W, and assume the large but rubbish ones are 2.5W.

Thats 195W of power draw from 2 boards. I thought we were expecting low 80s for overclocked clocks? Something seems wrong here.
Our experiment data:

70-75W on 1.03-1.05V (no overclock)
83W on 1.10V (no overclock)
~100W on 1.20V (no overclock)
~120W on 1.20V (overclock)

My mistake, thanks Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Oh I do run mine at High, absolutely Smiley

So it sounds like I'm doing quite well then, probably my PSU is even higher than 90% efficiency. If your tests show 120W for 1.2v at High (thats what you mean by Overclock?) then I'm pretty much spot on the money and my fans are barely taking anything Smiley
donator
Thought it was 80 odd watts at low clock and stock voltage?

As I posted earlier mine are 480W for 4, including fans. The fans are 0.17A @ 12v, so 2W * 6 fans, call that 12W.

I reckon I'm getting about 90% efficiency out of the CPU (65% load or so, so should be near its peak efficiency).

So 48W burnt by the PSU and 12W for fans leaves 105 watts per blade for me.
The voltage of the 50 blade batch is not stock voltage (1.05V) any more. It is pre-turned to 1.20V for the ease of overclocking (just one click on the website without screwing first). But if you do not need overclocking, you may want to screw them to 1.03-1.05V to reduce a lot of heat and (hence) the noise of bigger fans.
Thought it was 80 odd watts at low clock and stock voltage?

As I posted earlier mine are 480W for 4, including fans. The fans are 0.17A @ 12v, so 2W * 6 fans, call that 12W.

I reckon I'm getting about 90% efficiency out of the CPU (65% load or so, so should be near its peak efficiency).

So 48W burnt by the PSU and 12W for fans leaves 105 watts per blade for me.
donator
THIS HEAT SHALL NOT DEFEAT ME. Ordered 4x120mm 100CFM fans + a controller, will remount for the third time in an even more heat friendly configuration. Noticed something really weird and very unsettling though.

I'm drawing 262W for 2 units + 500W PSU 80+ PSU, 230V. So assuming worst case PSU is at 80% and burning 52W.
So raw board + fans of 210W. Each small fan is just over 1W, and assume the large but rubbish ones are 2.5W.

Thats 195W of power draw from 2 boards. I thought we were expecting low 80s for overclocked clocks? Something seems wrong here.
Our experiment data:

70-75W on 1.03-1.05V (no overclock)
83W on 1.10V (no overclock)
~100W on 1.20V (no overclock)
~120W on 1.20V (overclock)
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
I'm using this guy for cooling - http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MegaFlow-Computer-R4-LUS-07AR-GP/dp/B002LE8BJA and with one my board is cool to the touch.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 335
My blade started rebooting this day about every two hours. The power board is about 70C. Set clock to low to see what happens.
Should not be a pool problem. I have a fallback pool and every time I notice the blade has rebooted the pool is switched too. Seems the blade stops hashing, then switches pool, then rebootes, then hashes normally for some time.

This is wierd. My blade stops hashing exactly after 57 min 30 sec then swithces pool (with no hashing) then reboots. It happened 5 times in a row now. exactly 57 min 30 sec. Is it firmware bug?
I can't say I'm having this issue? What type of cooling setup are you using? I managed to pull my board for an uptime of 22 hours yesterday before I had to change the IPs of the local stratum proxy's.
Activity: 378
if any of you want to sell the blade, PM me  Roll Eyes

and me
Activity: 378

if there is a bag, it will be affecting everyone. Problem cab be in insufficient cooling. Once, I sorted out cooling, my blades can run days with clock on HIGH overclocked with voltage 1.24
I have no back up pool and mining on btcguild, no restarts at all.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
if any of you want to sell the blade, PM me  Roll Eyes
Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013
I wonder what backup pools would you guys recommend?

Currently, I'm using slush which I found reliable from my gpu mining days and still very happy with it.

As far as I understand the miners would automatically switch to the secondary pool if the primary goes down. Is that correct?
Very happy with mine, this is one of them..

Total MHS:    12988
Received: 0000448881
Accepted: 0000444397
Per Minute:177.47
Efficiency: 099.00%
Up Time: 1d,17h,43m,58s

Local stratum proxy certainly seems the way to go, I tried direct getwork to some pools and efficiency dropped down into the 70s, and something like 9/10GH was actually being achieved.

I'm hoping for payback by October or so, taking difficulty into account Smiley
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Bitcoin Entrepreneur
I have migrated my asic miner from its wine box into an old G5 case taking the airflow notes into account. It remains pretty cool and has 99.38% efficiency (13GH) at slush's pool using stratum proxy. Still using the original foam as surface materials. Not gonna touch it any more yet so far. This time I did succeed in reducing electrocution and fire risk.

Great work form the Asicminer team. I hope everybody got theirs up and running.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Wow hang on, its NOT the hot one which is resetting! The hot one is hot but happily churning away with 100% uptime - I'll try and get it cooler by going push pull though.

The one which is resetting was only ever warm to the touch and has one fan on it. I can't see it being heat related resetting, nor power. It can hash for 12+ on low clocks, but resets after 4 on high. What other things can I look for?
Activity: 812
Merit: 505
The Last NXT Founder
Happy to reply my miner is working as intended, but I can't get stratum up right now. It's REALLY picky with pools with getwork, but mining at nameparking to get nmc, ixcoin, devcoin on top of it and it's working really well there, my backup is btcguild and it works well there too. averages about 12 ghs a second
Pages:
Jump to: