Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMiner BE300S Samples Arrived, <0.2W/G Achieved at Board Level - page 15. (Read 66440 times)

donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
Yep, good data (especially on the function of the PMIC) would be pretty nice, at least to get a rough idea of feasibility.
The PMS01 IC provides all the functionalities needed except the mosfet for chaining the chip into a string.

For the one-chip board, we still choose to use it instead of a bunch of buffers and LDOs for board simplicity.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
5.2GH/s | 0.2469W/[email protected] sound not so good, and the cost is high...
bitmain's 3rd Gen chip have achieved this goal @0.6v and  the miners in mass production, i think FC is late at this round...
Sorry, this just smack's of FUD. Can you post a link to the Bitmain gen3 chip, it doing <0.25J/GH @ 0.6V, or someplace where FC stated what the price of these chips is going to be?

just some information from friends, I believe its truth. bitmain will sell S5 miner with gen3 chip in the next few days,wait to see...
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
bitmain's 3rd Gen chip have achieved this goal @0.6v and  the miners in mass production, i think FC is late at this round...
Sorry, this just smack's of FUD. Can you post a link to the Bitmain gen3 chip, it doing <0.25J/GH @ 0.6V, or someplace where FC stated what the price of these chips is going to be?
Activity: 11
Activity: 173
Merit: 100

On board efficiency (average of 4 boards):
    2.8GH/s | 0.1961W/G
    3.2GH/s | 0.2026W/G
    3.6GH/s | 0.2095W/G
    4.0GH/s | 0.2145W/G
    4.8GH/s | 0.2204W/G
    5.2GH/s | 0.2257W/G
    5.6GH/s | 0.2314W/G
    6.4GH/s | 0.2363W/G
    6.8GH/s | 0.2439W/G
    7.2GH/s | 0.2495W/G

I would really like to see the core voltage at each level. 
I'd like datasheets on both chips too, but even knowing core voltage vs. GH would be super useful.

--
novak
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Yep, good data (especially on the function of the PMIC) would be pretty nice, at least to get a rough idea of feasibility.

Oh yeah, it's mentioned that the hashrate is proportional to the core voltage. I'm guessing that's got an internal voltage-controlled PLL scaler? It'd be good to know the formula for that, or put some Vcore data on your first-post W/GH chart that could be extrapolated. It'd be a good reference to get people thinking.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I would be very interested in purchasing a sample as well, if you do end up selling some. Chip docs would be appreciated in the mean time though.

Very exciting, I'll be following this closely as well.

MrTeal, Any chance you would call the resulting product the "Cayenne", or would it be more of a "Serrano"?  Either way, sign me up - I am on board if you end up using these chips to create the successor to the Chili and Habanero.

The Scotch Bonnet  Grin
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
Any word on low volume sales?  It'd be nice to see a decent chip available in less than 10,000-piece quantities...

E.g. Like bsfb when they were selling Gen2 bitfury chips?
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
I would be very interested in purchasing a sample as well, if you do end up selling some. Chip docs would be appreciated in the mean time though.

Very exciting, I'll be following this closely as well.

MrTeal, Any chance you would call the resulting product the "Cayenne", or would it be more of a "Serrano"?  Either way, sign me up - I am on board if you end up using these chips to create the successor to the Chili and Habanero.

Activity: 58
Any word on low volume sales?  It'd be nice to see a decent chip available in less than 10,000-piece quantities...
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
This is great. I will be following this closely. Congrats on the preliminary results and I would also be interested in getting my hands on a couple samples.

Good Luck!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Just did a quick calc and a rig in the style like the bfsb 48card bitfury rigs could pack 3.5TH into ~1Kw

Excited

We'll likely see retail products sold closer to .4.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I think something small like Rock Miner did was pretty cool (the 100GH unit). Maybe make a pod like Bitmain...something that does not require a computer PSU to run.
To not require an external PSU means they have to put in an internal PSU.
Which means additional certifications are needed, and can sometimes delay customs/shipment...

(that being said, I agree it's nice to have)

I think what he's saying is, not necessarily an internal PSU but also not a separate external high-current PSU. Probably still an external supply, but something more like a brick. A 200GH VRM-less system would pull about 70% load on a 12V 5A brick and could probably run pretty quiet if built right.
Just did a quick calc and a rig in the style like the bfsb 48card bitfury rigs could pack 3.5TH into ~1Kw

Excited
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
10Gh USB miner? Cheesy Maybe?

Maybe this could be a return of the super cheap USB miners.
The component overhead of USB miners is still a problem.

1 MCU, 1 DCDC, 1 USB-to-UART chip, for each 2 chips, is so much cost to take.

If we make a 8 to 9 chip USB miner (about 40G), DCDC cost can be saved. But USB2.0 does
not have enough watt capability to power it.
One could drop the MCU and use a USB-to-GPIO (or similar, depending on chip interface) to offload work onto the host....

As long as someone remembers to program a manufacturer and model identifier!

And unique serial number
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
I think something small like Rock Miner did was pretty cool (the 100GH unit). Maybe make a pod like Bitmain...something that does not require a computer PSU to run.
To not require an external PSU means they have to put in an internal PSU.
Which means additional certifications are needed, and can sometimes delay customs/shipment...

(that being said, I agree it's nice to have)
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

If we make a 8 to 9 chip USB miner (about 40G), DCDC cost can be saved. But USB2.0 does
One could drop the MCU and use a USB-to-GPIO (or similar, depending on chip interface) to offload work onto the host....

As long as someone remembers to program a manufacturer and model identifier!
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

Pages:
Jump to: