Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMiner BE300S Samples Arrived, <0.2W/G Achieved at Board Level - page 11. (Read 66402 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
FURring bitcoin up since 1762
Have the optimizations for the final BE300 design already taken place and has the order been submitted to TSMC? When will it take place?
How big is the risk of the final BE300 design not working or underperforming (like BE200) after receiving the final chips?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
I've raised this question before: This PMS01 chip is proprietary design of AM?

@Friedcat: what is the qfn next to the pin header that's labeled PMS01?
It's our own string-based power management chip for solving the Prisma-related problems.
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
I've raised this question before: This PMS01 chip is proprietary design of AM?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
Indeed, good news. When can we expect chip documentation, voltage requirements and such?

and financials plz.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Indeed, good news. When can we expect chip documentation, voltage requirements and such?
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
The 6-chip chain has passed the test:

The next step is to test the board with fully inhabited 24 chips.
Funny, I just wanted to ask how test of chained chips board are comming Wink
Results?
We are waiting for a compilation of data set.

But 7.2GH/s per chip is already achieved, so at least the chain is stable.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!

Great news!! 
legendary
Activity: 1029

Funny, I just wanted to ask how test of chained chips board are comming Wink
Results?
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Basically, if you buy a batch 1 rig, then you should just finger cross that you are lucky.
I'm the bad luck one and also the good luck one.
I bought 8 Prisma and some of them not work very well. (Bad luck)
Now I have send three of them for exchange the new 2.0 Prisma, and if those three all good as expected, I will exchange other 5, otherwise I will refund those 5. (They will not refund the rigs if you choose exchange instead of get refund). ---so I am also good luck that I have the chance to replace the new batch ones or get refund.
Activity: 517
Merit: 501
Can someone enlighten me what the problem is with the AM miners?
Ok, they failed bad, but it seems that FC's buy-back offer is more than adequate.
What's your issue?
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
We've even volunteered (yes, free of charge) to do some of the work fixing their boards so US customers (including the 15-odd KW worth that are supposed to be running in our hosting facility) could get them quicker. Marto gave us some info and then stopped talking to us and Minersource, over a month ago.

We're considering trying to build a mining board with BE300 chips, but the biggest fear is we'll accidentally do something like technobit with the minion boards. I don't think we're capable of screwing up that badly though, especially not where communication is concerned.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

What is worse raskul is they posted their "compensation" offer in the TURD(TUBE) thread, morons led by idiots I suppose. I for one am DONE with AM.

ASICMiner is NO BETTER THAN BFL or TechnoBit

ALL scumbag half-ass engineers with NO business experience.

Off Topic
We all know about BFL, i am also BFL victim.
But what with technobit? My order with technobit is fine until now.
Probably due to this.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closedminion-chip-assembly-gb-682105
Boards were supposed to be shipped two weeks after the chips arrived (so early-mid August or so), and people appear to still be waiting. Not sure if Marto's made arrangements with them, but the people in that thread don't appear particularly happy.
Activity: 434
Sorry for not reading up on the whole thread, but when will the first miners with this chips hit the market?

estimated ~April 2015.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Sorry for not reading up on the whole thread, but when will the first miners with this chips hit the market?
legendary
Activity: 1190

What is worse raskul is they posted their "compensation" offer in the TURD(TUBE) thread, morons led by idiots I suppose. I for one am DONE with AM.

ASICMiner is NO BETTER THAN BFL or TechnoBit

ALL scumbag half-ass engineers with NO business experience.

Off Topic
We all know about BFL, i am also BFL victim.
But what with technobit? My order with technobit is fine until now.
If this was a Spondoolies thread, these completely off-topic posts would have been deleted by the mods by now. I guess FC needs to donate a miner.  Shocked

if this was Spondoolies thread, that unit would have been RMA'd by now.
legendary
Activity: 826
If this was a Spondoolies thread, these completely off-topic posts would have been deleted by the mods by now. I guess FC needs to donate a miner.  Shocked
-snip-
FINALLY GOT MY RESPONSE AFTER 2 MNTHS....

Hello,
Sorry for the so long delayed reply.

Our Buy-back Plan just aims to Prisma, not inlcuding Tube. Sorry for any inconvenience.

AM FUCKED ME!!!

that's very harsh mate, if they are providing customer service of that level for one product, they really should make it across the board and honour it to your own product.
it's like a bike shop offer a repair on a flat tyre - but only if it's the back wheel, front wheels don't get fixed.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Prisma's have been a pain in the ass. But mine have been working steadily for two weeks now so I'm over it.
Can't wait for these chips to hit the market. Time is money FC. Make it happen!
Pages:
Jump to: