Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMiner BE300S Samples Arrived, <0.2W/G Achieved at Board Level - page 16. (Read 66440 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 260
10Gh USB miner? Cheesy Maybe?
As an aside: both the hex•fury and the NanoFury 6 already do 10Gh/s+.
I'd certainly welcome another addition, though Smiley

One that did 40GH to 50GH at a reasonable cost and power level would be nice!  Roll Eyes
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
As an aside: both the hex•fury and the NanoFury 6 already do 10Gh/s+.
I'd certainly welcome another addition, though Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2461
Merit: 1058
Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!

Maybe this could be a return of the super cheap USB miners.
The component overhead of USB miners is still a problem.

1 MCU, 1 DCDC, 1 USB-to-UART chip, for each 2 chips, is so much cost to take.

If we make a 8 to 9 chip USB miner (about 40G), DCDC cost can be saved. But USB2.0 does
not have enough watt capability to power it.

USB 3.0 is being used more prominently nowadays, could it be useful?

Is producing a small, low cost USB 3.0 miner actually being considered? Sounds interesting but would need at least ten of them to be productive.

USB  Bitcoinlottery devices aka solominers would be awesome Cheesy
Activity: 420
Merit: 260

If we make a 8 to 9 chip USB miner (about 40G), DCDC cost can be saved. But USB2.0 does

Is producing a small, low cost USB 3.0 miner actually being considered? Sounds interesting but would need at least ten of them to be productive.
Activity: 672
Good work friedcat.
What time frame do you expect to release ready miners?
And what form factor it would be? Tubes?
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
I was hoping they were gonna stick with pin-compatibility with BE200 chips like was mentioned when they open-sourced stuff earlier this year.
We tried hard and we can't. The overhead of QFN-based package is overwhelming. And this time our die
size is much less.
donator
Hmm... LGA vs QFN..  does that mean the heat goes out the top of the chip now?

Yes. But in low power mode we think it's possible to make the system without heatsinks
in either side.

The heatsinks in bottom just mainly serves a lifting purpose and meanwhile maybe dissipate
some heat.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
And here we go again. Posting about how things will be better but still ignoring the existing issues and promises. Why are you still not responding to emails and PM's? Are you just hoping all the prisma users will forget about the compensation or the lack of communication and just fork over more money to buy new gear and hope that it will work better than what we already paid for?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-erupter-prisma-compensation-and-buy-back-plan-889147

Friedcat is an honorable person.

I think returning that btc from the transaction error a while back cemented that.   

Indeed that was a ridiculously large mining fee for people that recall that event.
It's good on Friedcat to do this as well.
donator

Activity: 526
And here we go again. Posting about how things will be better but still ignoring the existing issues and promises. Why are you still not responding to emails and PM's? Are you just hoping all the prisma users will forget about the compensation or the lack of communication and just fork over more money to buy new gear and hope that it will work better than what we already paid for?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-erupter-prisma-compensation-and-buy-back-plan-889147

I think returning that btc from the transaction error a while back cemented that.   
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break

Activity: 650
Pick and place? I need more coffee.

Activity: 767

What prisma? what fire? huh? ive payed 100btc for many of these chips so i can swim in them Cheesy

jk, you are right though, i have seen this happen too, companies ignoring their users/consumers to move onto other things, that's why they all go register up as a limited liability company (LLC).. i know little about the LLC legal form, i've known nothing like this in Australia.. (or i could be ignorant of this?)

Lemme just clarify, i have no idea where ASICMiner sit in the business model, what laws they are governed by, and what they care to do as a business.
Just stating others are also doing the "ignore customer issues, make new stuff" game
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
@Friedcat: what is the qfn next to the pin header that's labeled PMS01?
It's our own string-based power management chip for solving the Prisma-related problems.
The single-chip board is not a string, but we used many of its functionalities anyway to simplify
the PCB design.

One of the problem with Prisma is that it involves too many separate components that might
go wrong. We concentrated them into one chip and only need to test one chip.

The revised Prismas (2.0) are based on this chip. From our large-scale stress testing, we
are confident that the instability and burning problems of original Prisma (1.0 and 1.1) are eliminated.

Well I purchased both a Tube and Prisma and both were shipped with issues.. Why should I trust you when you say it is all fixed now? My only experiences with buying AM gear have both ended in me taking a loss. You guys have 0 support to help us too. I must say it has been very frustrating buying your gear to say the least.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I'm surprised folks are so excited about this considering all the problems with under-performing BE200 products. I'm certainly glad I never purchased a Prisma and had to deal with all of those headaches! Also, Asicminer overpromised and underdelivered big time with the BE200.

Given their track record, I don't trust Asicminer enough to order a BE300S product right now. That could change in the future, but only after others confirm that the finished miners are actually a quality product.

AM's track record:

prisma ran hot a lot of them burned  and popped caps.---------- a little bit slow to deliver

tube ran hot a few of them popped caps.       controller sucked only one pool no auto rollover.-----also a little bit slow to deliver

cube ran hot a few of them smoked some psu's

blades ran hot but these worked okay if you cooled them

the usb sticks ran hot but were decent performers. I would say they were an important pice of gear for many miners to join the game.

Canary
Crazy
Silent Sonic Boom  sold me hundreds of them.  all good sellers.

Am's support and replacement refunds etc. --------------meh not terrible.

I will wait until two or three brave souls  run them  and let us know how they work.

Look at AM's track record compared to:

BFL
KnC
Black Arrow
Cointerra
Hashfast

(and about the same compared to)
Bitmain
BitFury

Okay bitmain has less fire issues and burnouts then AM.

If I ranked gear /companies  bitmain + spondoolies are 1 ,2 or 2, 1   and AM is in third place.

This is why I would still buy from them which I said in my post.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I'm surprised folks are so excited about this considering all the problems with under-performing BE200 products. I'm certainly glad I never purchased a Prisma and had to deal with all of those headaches! Also, Asicminer overpromised and underdelivered big time with the BE200.

Given their track record, I don't trust Asicminer enough to order a BE300S product right now. That could change in the future, but only after others confirm that the finished miners are actually a quality product.

AM's track record:

prisma ran hot a lot of them burned  and popped caps.---------- a little bit slow to deliver

tube ran hot a few of them popped caps.       controller sucked only one pool no auto rollover.-----also a little bit slow to deliver

the usb sticks ran hot but were decent performers. I would say they were an important pice of gear for many miners to join the game.

Canary
Crazy

I will wait until two or three brave souls  run them  and let us know how they work.

Look at AM's track record compared to:

BFL
KnC
Black Arrow
Cointerra
Hashfast

(and about the same compared to)
Bitmain
BitFury
donator
@Friedcat: what is the qfn next to the pin header that's labeled PMS01?
It's our own string-based power management chip for solving the Prisma-related problems.
The single-chip board is not a string, but we used many of its functionalities anyway to simplify
the PCB design.

One of the problem with Prisma is that it involves too many separate components that might
go wrong. We concentrated them into one chip and only need to test one chip.

The revised Prismas (2.0) are based on this chip. From our large-scale stress testing, we
are confident that the instability and burning problems of original Prisma (1.0 and 1.1) are eliminated.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

AM's track record:

Canary
Crazy

Pages:
Jump to: