Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMiner BE300S Samples Arrived, <0.2W/G Achieved at Board Level - page 18. (Read 66440 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
And so it begins! It will be interesting to see the formfactor devices take as GH / chip [at these speeds] is much lower than BE200 which was ~7GH. Power per chip is also down so the hashing and power density of BE300 will be quite significantly lower. This is of course that AM doesn't throw out W/GH for $/GH.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
After the thorough testing of single chip boards, we are going to test boards with chained chips.
Do you have enough test units to send one so I can try to have BFGMiner support at time of production shipping?
How about specs?

Yes!  Please provide samples to Luke-Jr and ckolivas so BFGMiner and CGMiner are supported at launch.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
I was hoping they were gonna stick with pin-compatibility with BE200 chips like was mentioned when they open-sourced stuff earlier this year.

Additionally, a small suggestion for strung miners - fuse the power rails per bank. If something fails short and parts start popping off, it'll blow the fuse instead of catching the board on fire and then you're down a bit of capacity but still operating.
a thousand times this
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
After the thorough testing of single chip boards, we are going to test boards with chained chips.
Do you have enough test units to send one so I can try to have BFGMiner support at time of production shipping?
How about specs?

^^^ single chip board the man

Or at least drop a publicly available datasheet with pinout and data protocol....plz
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
How about specs?

^^^ single chip board the man
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I was hoping they were gonna stick with pin-compatibility with BE200 chips like was mentioned when they open-sourced stuff earlier this year.

Additionally, a small suggestion for strung miners - fuse the power rails per bank. If something fails short and parts start popping off, it'll blow the fuse instead of catching the board on fire and then you're down a bit of capacity but still operating.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
How about specs?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
I hope that AM sticks to just selling the chips and not making miners again. Amazing how bad the Prisma experience was...
Activity: 358
Merit: 255
Looking forward to seeing what comes of these.
Activity: 560
Merit: 251
Tic.eth
Finally! This is great  . . .
Activity: 728
Interested in designing a miner board with these
Any info for samples?
Activity: 147
Merit: 104
Nice job. Waitng for prototype of final miner. Hoping you will show it faster then Bitamin and Spoondolies.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
I believe i cat fry Cheesy
B1
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Great chips, 0.3 W/GH. Looking forward final result  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
nice chips, get frying them mr cat.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
FURring bitcoin up since 1762
Any date estimates for miners with these chips?

FC earlier stated that mass production of the BE300 chips will be finished in Feb 2015. Given that everything seems to be well on track (actually a week ahead of schedule!) we might see miners in April 2015, or even as early as March 2015!

FC, very good news! It's great to see some pictures of the board and the testing, as well. It makes me feel being "more part of the whole thing" Smiley Keep us posted on further results, please!
Activity: 434
Only one question. Samples?
You didn't provide any previously. That ended with two designs only, one foulty as hell. Maybe this time?
We will see if we can allocate some from the sample batch. The problem with MPW is that we only got
100 chips in hand and we need at least a large part of them for chip-wise variance testing.

I'm not saying that you should provide samples now (but it would be great)

beggars everywhere  Roll Eyes i don't want a sample, i just want to see if they make specs.
Who said that I want it free? I wanted to design a miner with a BE200 and pay premium price for a small batch of sample chips (lets say 10pcs). But no response from AM. How it ended to AM we already know. Only 3 designs and troubles with selling those chips...

fair enough, apologies for my presumptions.
legendary
Activity: 1029
You didn't provide any previously. That ended with two designs only, one foulty as hell. Maybe this time?
We will see if we can allocate some from the sample batch. The problem with MPW is that we only got
100 chips in hand and we need at least a large part of them for chip-wise variance testing.

I'm not saying that you should provide samples now (but it would be great)

beggars everywhere  Roll Eyes i don't want a sample, i just want to see if they make specs.
Who said that I want it free? I wanted to design a miner with a BE200 and pay premium price for a small batch of sample chips (lets say 10pcs). But no response from AM. How it ended to AM we already know. Only 3 designs and troubles with selling those chips...
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
So what are the chances of the be200 users getting compensation and good boards before the be300 comes out?
Activity: 434
Any date estimates for miners with these chips?

i'd speculate, spring 2015.
Pages:
Jump to: