Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Blade Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock] - page 19. (Read 105952 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
How do I buy the blades? I wrote email, sent PM and no reply yet...
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
You literally are betting on Avalon not delivering chips.  That's the ONLY way this makes any sense at all.

Oh- DUH.  ASICMiner needs people buying BTC to keep their profits up.  What happens when there's nothing left worth buying with BTC instead of "not-BTC"?  What happens when SR goes down for a month?

They have to try and spur buy orders for BTC.

Not at this price though.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
How soon do they ship after an order has been placed ?
Based on previous auctions and sales, winners/buyers have received their units within a week of payment. What other company can match that level of service?

Thanks. This is very appealing to me. Thinking of taking the plunge and ordering a single blade.

What is the easiest way to power these devices ? I'm assuming they don't come with power bricks.
Activity: 560

Based on previous auctions and sales, winners/buyers have received their units within a week of payment. What other company can match that level of service?
Activity: 462
with verifiable, documented citations

this isn't my pissing match but anyone who asks for verifiable documented citations in an online shoot the shit forum is just dying to be called an assclown

and yes, I guess I did quote a verifiable documented citation for proof

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Has anyone received a response from emailing yet? Just curious as to what kind of wait time I should be expecting.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I am interested in buying 10-50 units, please pm me your best deals.

I will be hosting for the bitcointalk community.

Very Respectfully,

GreaterNinja
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
So, there is a piece for me at 50btc ?  Shipping when?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Is there a place to find an ideal configuration for these things once they arrive? What type of fan and case to use, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Activity: 452
I can certainly see buying these for their novelty factor (this is why I bought a few of the USB sticks) but yeah, I'm not really feeling it as an actual mining investment.

But hey, props to those that buy one expecting to make any kind of profit, btc or otherwise, you've got more balls than I do  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
people are buying blades in the hopes of making income

*BZZT*  Assumes facts not in evidence.  People have many reasons for buying blades, many of which are none of your business.  Try again, this time with verifiable, documented citations instead of shit you just made up.

If it's just a novelty or pastime, then the USBeruptor or some other small ASIC device would be fine.

*BZZT*  Assumes facts not in evidence.  Stop pretending to know everyone else's situation.  Try again, this time with verifiable, documented citations instead of shit you just made up.

saying that these "losers" are jelly is not gonna make anyone want to use BTC.

*BZZT*  Assumes facts not in evidence.  You are not psychic and have no way of determining to what extent this is true or false.  Try again, this time with verifiable, documented citations instead of shit you just made up.

Nevermind, I guess replying and then ignoring is the new way to debate.  Roll Eyes

*BZZT*  Assumes facts not in evidence.  I didn't ignore you, but I'm now tempted by the idea.  Try again, this time with verifiable, documented citations instead of shit you just made up.   Cheesy
Activity: 260
Merit: 100
Are you including reward halvings in these numbers? 10 years is a long time.

That's a good point, and no, I'm not. I should probably just cut it off at a year--but with the higher values for hash rate increase, it honestly doesn't matter.
Activity: 631
the other thing is opportunity cost. if you put in 50BTC now and think you will break even in 10 months, but a new device/service is available in the next few months with a much better rate of return, your 50BTC is no longer liquid. in the real world, we look at ROI in years. in the btc world things change so quickly that planning ROI in years (or even 6+ months) can be very dangerous.
donator
Activity: 980
Are you including reward halvings in these numbers? 10 years is a long time.
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
You have to measure ROI in both dollars AND Bitcoin. Electricity is sold in dollars, not bitcoin. And regardless of whether you paid $5/btc a year ago, what you PAID then isn't what matters, it's what it's worth now.

Whether you have Bitcoin or cash, it doesn't matter. Either way, you're looking at $6000, because if you cashed out that bitcoin, instead of spending it, that's how much money you would have. Hence, you're losing $5750 in value that your cheap $5 Bitcoins that you spent $250 for are now worth.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter when you bought in. The Blade will cost you $6000 in assets.

I think ROI needs to just be BTC.  If you can get your coins back, electricity should be pretty trivial on a 90w item. 
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
These are unlikely to break even in under 6 months. Maybe 12 months. That's too long a time frame for my investment comforts.

Its hard to tell. my basic research and calculations indicate that at the current rate of ASIC development/release you should be able to break even in a 6 month time period if there is no major release by avalon, BFL, or any other underdog thats still in R&D.

optimistically, the blade could pay for itself in about 4 months, and at the end of its "lifespan' of 2 years (i refuse to look any further due to diminishing returns and the possibility of hardware failure you could make about a 200% profit.

less optimistically, if the value of BTC changes or ASICs quickly come into the market at competitive pricing, this could take 8-10 months to break even and may only see a 100% ROI during its lifespan (which will require 24/7 uptime, basic user interaction, and the chance of hardware failure)

If i had 50BTC in my wallet I would probably buy one of these now. However, I don't and am willing to wait another month for when you can get at least 50% more hash per dollar.  i would love to see 5Gash for 20 BTC - that would be my trigger to buy one

There are other options out there for far less than 20BTC per 5GH. Of course they aren't out yet, but I am sincerely interested in the DIY Avalon projects.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
These are unlikely to break even in under 6 months. Maybe 12 months. That's too long a time frame for my investment comforts.

Its hard to tell. my basic research and calculations indicate that at the current rate of ASIC development/release you should be able to break even in a 6 month time period if there is no major release by avalon, BFL, or any other underdog thats still in R&D.

optimistically, the blade could pay for itself in about 4 months, and at the end of its "lifespan' of 2 years (i refuse to look any further due to diminishing returns and the possibility of hardware failure you could make about a 200% profit.

less optimistically, if the value of BTC changes or ASICs quickly come into the market at competitive pricing, this could take 8-10 months to break even and may only see a 100% ROI during its lifespan (which will require 24/7 uptime, basic user interaction, and the chance of hardware failure)

If i had 50BTC in my wallet I would probably buy one of these now. However, I don't and am willing to wait another month for when you can get at least 50% more hash per dollar.  i would love to see 5Gash for 20 BTC - that would be my trigger to buy one
KS
Activity: 448
Sucking up all the supply? there is other manufactures and nothing stopping asicminer from ramping up there own in house hash rate to compete with those chips you order.

Same ppl with a lot of "cheap" BTCs are sucking them up too, who else do you think?
Activity: 457
You have to measure ROI in both dollars AND Bitcoin. Electricity is sold in dollars, not bitcoin. And regardless of whether you paid $5/btc a year ago, what you PAID then isn't what matters, it's what it's worth now.

Whether you have Bitcoin or cash, it doesn't matter. Either way, you're looking at $6000, because if you cashed out that bitcoin, instead of spending it, that's how much money you would have. Hence, you're losing $5750 in value that your cheap $5 Bitcoins that you spent $250 for are now worth.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter when you bought in. The Blade will cost you $6000 in assets.

Agreed. But if I got into mining (or buying) 3 years ago, or bought in ASICMINER at .1BTC/share and I have hundreds or thousands of BTC, then re-investing 50+BTC is a much easier decision.
Pages:
Jump to: