Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Blade Sales [Temporarily Out of Stock] - page 16. (Read 105952 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
If anyone wants one of these, they can take my place as I am in Batch #3. I tried to raise that amount of BTC but now can't quite afford it. PM me if you want to take my place.

Edit:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I have been unable to come up with the required BTC for my single (1) unit in Batch #3 and therefore am transferring my position to ahitman@bitcointalk

Date: 19/05/2013
Details: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asicminer-fixed-price-auction-50-block-erupter-blades-everyone-won-see-op-201753
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
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=t99j
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Pastebin Contract: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Kk46ccPW
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
I also emailed two days ago and have heard nothing back. Are these still available?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
Very nice. When did you order?

E-mailed the first day this thread came out, completed the payment @ 2013-05-16 09:42:55. Got the tracking number less than 24 hours later.

Nice, it's tempting me  Shocked

That's a real customer service. I'm tired of waiting my Avalon and I can't imagine waiting BFL.
I just want something to mine!!
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I emailed 3 days ago and have heard nothing back.   Cry
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

E-mailed the first day this thread came out, completed the payment @ 2013-05-16 09:42:55. Got the tracking number less than 24 hours later.

WOW thats great news!!!!
Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Activity: 244
Still no reply via email...

Just got my DHL tracking number.    Grin Grin Grin Grin
Still no reply via email...
If any slots open up,
1@ 50.

It's not an auction. Save yourself 0.01 BTC and e-mail them to place your order.   Wink
Activity: 686
If any slots open up,
1@ 50.
These units still available?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think that in 6-12 months there will be open-source ASIC alternatives based around Avalon that will compete with the big boys and keep margins reasonable. There will still be a premium for cutting-edge hardware but if smaller miners can stay viable and there are a lot of them Bitcoin will be OK.

I am part of a small open-source project but also hold some AM shares. I think there will be room for both.

Just my 0.02BTC
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I run Linux on my abacus.
I don't know... For sure you should invest in a calculated manner, but I think ppl are buying them (because they can) to protect their current revenue levels (same as network share, since you only get a fixed amount of BTC).

Very true, people should calculate their projected earnings and decide if the risk is worth it. For myself, I've decided that there's no point in buying into ASICMINER for various reasons, price being a large factor.

I can see why you wouldn't want to support ASICMINER. Thanks to the good execution of their ASIC project, they are now too big for the system. You can blame that on BFL pocketing the money of a bunch of miners and never delivering. If they don't fold before shipping their products, the miners who have their funds stuck in the BFL pit will be able to start getting some ROI and the normal cycle of funding future revenues will recover, which should push ASICMINER lower in network share. Until the next cycle. Lather, rince, repeat.

Yes, indeed, ASICMINER is too large now and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. Unless Avalon really gets their act together, or another newcomer starts selling hardware the next week, we're stuck with ASICMINER being too large and hence a threat to Bitcoin's stability for way too long.
KS
Activity: 448

And is an open market not a perfectly weighted dice? Without knowing EVERY variable at a given moment, the variables you do know are meaningless.

The only time bitcoin was close to an open market was when CPU mining was effective. Then, anyone with a computer could simply download the app and start mining. Now that ASICs are available, there is momentum in bringing new hardware online. Miners were purchased months ago, and they will continue arriving and coming online over the next few months. Difficulty increases are going to accelerate as delivery catches up with orders.

It's only the beginning of ASICs. After the first gen, there will be the second gen, third gen etc. The major problem right now is that ther ASIC designers have their hands in the BTC system too, like ASICMINER.

The system is much healthier when vendors stick to hardware and customers to mining. Mix them both and it's a recipe for disaster.

If the new ASIC vendors stick to hardware, there will be (should be, in a perfect world) enough competition for the newcomers to buy into the ASIC train at a pricepoint that makes sense for them. IF BFL and KnC manage to 1/ deliver and 2/ stay out of everybody's hair, the current ASIC owners will have to ditch their hardware and upgrade. That will be the time when Joe Average will be able to hop on. I don't think we'll really loose the occasional miner, he will probably adapt like everyone else, buy a USB miner, whatever.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

And is an open market not a perfectly weighted dice? Without knowing EVERY variable at a given moment, the variables you do know are meaningless.

The only time bitcoin was close to an open market was when CPU mining was effective. Then, anyone with a computer could simply download the app and start mining. Now that ASICs are available, there is momentum in bringing new hardware online. Miners were purchased months ago, and they will continue arriving and coming online over the next few months. Difficulty increases are going to accelerate as delivery catches up with orders.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
It's expected that difficulty will continue going up strong for a while. But we don't know exactly how much and how long will it take.

We just made our bets. We will check back in 1 year to see how it looks like.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Past performance is not an indication of future performance, lesson 1.

Past performance may not be a guarantee, but it sure is a good indiction of future growth.

Lesson 2, past performance is not a good indication of future growth, it is NOTHING. Rolling a dice a billion times does not give you any more information on what the next outcome will be.

That absolutely is not true. Unless the dice were perfectly weighted, rolling a billion times would definitely give you information about that specific dice.

KS
Activity: 448
They are the only one you can buy from right now, and actually get your GH/s (the others will deliver before Huh Huh Huh)

Doesn't matter jack shit if you don't make as much or more bitcoins with them as you buy them for. The blades are a losing proposition.

Then you can wait for the next Avalon announcement (people who ordered in Batch 2 in Feb are still waiting) or order from BFL and wait 6+ mos

It hardly is brain surgery to realise that even holding onto the bitcoins is a better deal than buying ASICMINER hardware...

Yes, but maybe it's a worse deal to wait and loose even more of your % of the network. It's a costly way to maintain your share, but if you get your GH/s sooner than later, it will take less time to get your target ROI.

If you get your 10GH/s now, they will be paid for in 6 months or less, even if the difficulty reaches 100M in 6 months.

It's not about "maintaining a share" of network. It's about whether you get your 50 BTC back + some extra for your trouble. ASICMINER's pricing is so tight that you're very unlikely to make profit or even break even. Remember, you will be competing against ASICMINER's in-house hardware too, which they're sure to bring online as much as they dare to.

Even if you will break even in 6 months, the difficulty will be so high by that time the blade(s) will bring in so little revenue it probably isn't worth the bother to keep them running. As I said earlier, ASICMINER is trying to squeeze profits out of both ends.

Feel free to take the gamble enrich ASICMINER. I won't.

I don't know... For sure you should invest in a calculated manner, but I think ppl are buying them (because they can) to protect their current revenue levels (same as network share, since you only get a fixed amount of BTC).

I can see why you wouldn't want to support ASICMINER. Thanks to the good execution of their ASIC project, they are now too big for the system. You can blame that on BFL pocketing the money of a bunch of miners and never delivering. If they don't fold before shipping their products, the miners who have their funds stuck in the BFL pit will be able to start getting some ROI and the normal cycle of funding future revenues will recover, which should push ASICMINER lower in network share. Until the next cycle. Lather, rince, repeat.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
WTF???

Past performance is not an indication of future performance, lesson 1.

Past performance may not be a guarantee, but it sure is a good indiction of future growth.

Lesson 2, past performance is not a good indication of future growth, it is NOTHING. Rolling a dice a billion times does not give you any more information on what the next outcome will be.

That absolutely is not true. Unless the dice were perfectly weighted, rolling a billion times would definitely give you information about that specific dice.
Pages:
Jump to: