Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Fixed-Price Auction: 50 Block Erupter Blades -everyone won, SEE OP- - page 3. (Read 59565 times)

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
i wouldn't trust those numbers... i experienced something like that without doing any oc while having an issue with one my erupters... i once saw it hitting 19gh with low efficiency while bitminter would show just 4-5gh constantly so i would guess it's either firmware or unstable power flow in my case. i even switched power cables with the other blade and it encountered the same symptom on the other blade... also you may want to consult friedcat before you damage the chips...

one observation I want to share. I have one blade from first auction. I overclocked it myself with 1.24v  today after 20h work it gives

16,072.10 MH/s   776384 (99.41%)   

heating more, but with efficient cooling all tip top.

That's a bit weird. Can you detail your set up over on the guide page where there are a lot of active owners, lets see if we can replicate your 16GH.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205369.new#new

it maybe incorrect value, as it is hash calculated by  pool, anyway I see higher hash rate from this blade all the time not less then 14ghs. from15blades I'm getting around 182.20 GH/s some blades run on high and few on low. I does no have enough power back up to run all blades on high.

set up is same of other's. blades in PVC pipes rake, cooled by AC and strong centrifugal type blower. One blower cooling 8 blades.
yeah that's next on my to do list once i fix the power flow to that blade... thanks lenny!

has anyone run into efficiency issues? not sure if it's the way my local network is setup (blades > dd-wrt > mining_proxy on my pc > hma vpn > bitminter)  so when i mine with 2 erupters the 2nd one starts losing its efficiency and hovers around 20-40%... tried various pools same thing... also sometimes i will see xxx instead of OOOO so i don't know if it's the power issue (530w true power) but both connected separately since my PSU is modular... although the 2nd blade also powers my 4 120mm fans... could that affect power flow to the blade?

Network setup: 2 blades and my PC rig connected via dd-wrt , the pc runs mining_proxy and goes out via HMA vpn
1st blade: hashrate is as expected 11+ to 13 with high clock
2nd blade: hashrate is around 8000-9000mhs with 20-40% efficiency with high clock...

Skip that shitty VPN, you have an answer. Connect it directly to one decent router with proxy in LAN and you should be up and running.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
has anyone run into efficiency issues? not sure if it's the way my local network is setup (blades > dd-wrt > mining_proxy on my pc > hma vpn > bitminter)  so when i mine with 2 erupters the 2nd one starts losing its efficiency and hovers around 20-40%... tried various pools same thing... also sometimes i will see xxx instead of OOOO so i don't know if it's the power issue (530w true power) but both connected separately since my PSU is modular... although the 2nd blade also powers my 4 120mm fans... could that affect power flow to the blade?

Network setup: 2 blades and my PC rig connected via dd-wrt , the pc runs mining_proxy and goes out via HMA vpn
2nd blade: hashrate is around 8000-9000mhs with 20-40% efficiency with high clock...

Skip that shitty VPN, you have an answer. Connect it directly to one decent router with proxy in LAN and you should be up and running.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
one observation I want to share. I have one blade from first auction. I overclocked it myself with 1.24v  today after 20h work it gives

That's a bit weird. Can you detail your set up over on the guide page where there are a lot of active owners, lets see if we can replicate your 16GH.

it maybe incorrect value, as it is hash calculated by  pool, anyway I see higher hash rate from this blade all the time not less then 14ghs. from15blades I'm getting around 182.20 GH/s some blades run on high and few on low. I does no have enough power back up to run all blades on high.

set up is same of other's. blades in PVC pipes rake, cooled by AC and strong centrifugal type blower. One blower cooling 8 blades.

Ah that explains it. Pool hash rate is pretty shit, console is the only true one.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 315
Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

What pool do you mine on?

My blade is in hands of police now, I am accused for smuggling... They dont belive it is worth 39$, and everything is DHL fault, since I ofered to pay more when blade arrived, and they never called me to tell me problem exist. So till this is over, I advice ppl from former Yugoslavia (Serbia-my country, Croatia, Bosnia, Macedonia and Montenegro) to order with slower but more reliable service, skip DHL, or wait till autorities decide if I am smugler and what penalties should I pay. I was assured from few ppl I know on customs I shall have no problems and that is only rotine, but I have in my hands copy of official document where it says: "accused for smuggling..." etc etc. When it is over I shall write full report here on forum, as a guide to ppl in my surrounding.
of course it depends on country, and what kind of relationship DHL has with custom in this country. In my case DHL cleared my 20 blades in 2 hours. delivered in 4 days.

Activity: 335

I don't know why the BE blocks internet traffic ... :/

I had this issue in Batch 2, I fiddled with some QOS service settings and I was good to go.

Already I have no way to check... Sad Tomorrow I'll post back to Shenzen. I hope they fix it quickly and send back to me.

Thank for your reply. Now I know that not only me it happened...

Can you write what you have set in QoS? Just out of curiosity, because I already do not have possibilities to check this Sad

It was prioritizing traffic via MAC address to the blade, and the proxies, but it was a temporary fix at best. My blade is puttering along on three cylinders so it's not a problem anymore.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
BTC < > INR & USD
Activity: 427
Merit: 100
Another auction soon?  Or all gone for long time?
Activity: 453
recieved my blade today... thx friedcat!

Activity: 147
Merit: 104
those cardboards will get on fire soon  Wink
Blades don't lie directly on the box, and they are not even hot. Cooling by 120mm ,200CFM fan and temp in room 18°C.
Activity: 315
Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.
It's more important to have airflow against the chip side of the PCB, than the heatsink side I've found.

Heatsink I guess can radiate heat a lot better, the chips cannot.
Chips do transfer the heat to the heatsink, its by design AFAIK.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
It's more important to have airflow against the chip side of the PCB, than the heatsink side I've found.

Heatsink I guess can radiate heat a lot better, the chips cannot.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
Yep Smiley Chips are really hot to touch even on the Low clock settings.

This is why I will welcome our alien overlords.

After the many, many threads about how to cool these, someone posts a setup like this.   Roll Eyes

cant wait to see part 2 Cheesy
Yep Smiley Chips are really hot to touch even on the Low clock settings.

This is why I will welcome our alien overlords.

After the many, many threads about how to cool these, someone posts a setup like this.   Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: