Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 132. (Read 808757 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
August 29, 2013, 01:11:21 PM
The hashrate has been pretty high and stable for a few days now - wish I had more BTC to put in at these prices! I'm in around 2.8-2.9
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
August 29, 2013, 08:27:00 AM
CanaryInTheMine (US reseller) about the new USBs (the one with new colors):

This is the first batch under production in quantity.

Shocked
Does this mean that the previous volume of USB sells were not considered to be "in quantity"?
And therefore that new volumes are going to be much larger than before?

Yes, it was just the breakfast  Cheesy
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
August 29, 2013, 07:00:59 AM
You are invested in btct and nothing else, if the site goes away tomorrow -- they have all the direct shares and you have nothing, because buying pass thru shares is not investing in AM.  Regardless of the price on btct it has zero consequence to the company.

With humility I beg to differ, security owners continue to get updated lists of share holders, so if btct goes down for whatever reason there are still accounts of who owns what. I have a lot of faith in the system Burnside set up, this may or may not prove to be misplaced, but the track record gives me a lot of confidence.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
August 29, 2013, 06:03:03 AM
CanaryInTheMine (US reseller) about the new USBs (the one with new colors):

This is the first batch under production in quantity.

Shocked
Does this mean that the previous volume of USB sells were not considered to be "in quantity"?
And therefore that new volumes are going to be much larger than before?
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 28, 2013, 11:12:24 PM
Although I am an owner or direct shares and an advocate for direct shares, I also often reinvest dividends into passthrough shares on btc-tc and occasionally TAT shares.

While this does initiate a second and third layer of risk, the value obtained for me does outweigh that risk in no small part due to the track record of the parties involved. If that risk for you outweighs the benefits, then that's fine and quite understandable. Everything about bitcoin is experimental and could vaporize tomorrow leaving many people standing around with an empty cookie jar. These disclaimers are warnings for events that are unforeseen and outside of the control of the operators. They do not wish to be held accountable for such events, nor do I personally think they should be. They are providing a service, you are free to use it or not. As with any other bitcoin-related service, do not invest what you cannot afford to lose. Thats pretty much sound advise to follow, and I don't see it as a negative when someone openly points it out.

I'm not saying don't invest in btct.  But, don't fool yourself into thinking your invested in AM.  AM could care less what the PT holders want of the company.  They have nothing to lose or gain by the price of the shares on an exchange.  Tired of reading all these stuff of "we need an update from friedcat!" or more network %.  AM is not listening, nor should they.

Actually, I think what PT members desire actually does have a "PT" effect. For example, if PT owners are dissatisfied they will divest themselves of PT shares, dropping the price and lowering the book value of those running the PT shares. By proxy those running the PT offerings will become dissatisfied. People vote with their dollars, or in this case, with their btc.

On a side note, I prefer the so-called lack of transparency because I see a well-run and well-positioned company that has no serious competitors on the horizon. (others may disagree, and that's fine). I tend to believe that this causes the share prices to jump around everywhere on whimsy and rumor making it occasionally easy for me to pick up more shares at a discount to my personal target values. I suppose time will tell if my investments were shrewd.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Developer
August 28, 2013, 11:03:49 PM
Although I am an owner or direct shares and an advocate for direct shares, I also often reinvest dividends into passthrough shares on btc-tc and occasionally TAT shares.

While this does initiate a second and third layer of risk, the value obtained for me does outweigh that risk in no small part due to the track record of the parties involved. If that risk for you outweighs the benefits, then that's fine and quite understandable. Everything about bitcoin is experimental and could vaporize tomorrow leaving many people standing around with an empty cookie jar. These disclaimers are warnings for events that are unforeseen and outside of the control of the operators. They do not wish to be held accountable for such events, nor do I personally think they should be. They are providing a service, you are free to use it or not. As with any other bitcoin-related service, do not invest what you cannot afford to lose. Thats pretty much sound advise to follow, and I don't see it as a negative when someone openly points it out.

I'm not saying don't invest in btct.  But, don't fool yourself into thinking your invested in AM.  AM could care less what the PT holders want of the company.  They have nothing to lose or gain by the price of the shares on an exchange.  Tired of reading all these stuff of "we need an update from friedcat!" or more network %.  AM is not listening, nor should they.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 28, 2013, 10:58:15 PM
Although I am an owner of direct shares and an advocate for direct shares, I also often reinvest dividends into passthrough shares on btc-tc and occasionally TAT shares.

Developer
August 28, 2013, 10:44:48 PM
Forgot my favorite part:

Why should we trust this site after so many others have failed?

We are different in several key ways:
  • We do not pretend that we are a real registered exchange.
  • We do not pretend the assets on the site are real.
  • We are a real company, registered in Belize.
Developer
August 28, 2013, 10:27:04 PM

What investors are looking for now is the % of the total network hashrate and things that effect that. 

What investors? the shares of AM have all been sold.  You are merely buying/selling pass thru shares... You could sell all your shares and it would have zero consequence for AM.
That is a totally ridiculous comment.

Assume an investor wants to offload their direct shares, they provide to btct who in turn take ownership of the shares.  They then loan their shares to someone else on a "virtual" exchange, that has the following terms of service:

No assets on the site are to be considered real.

The use of this site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.

If an asset issuer on this site defaults, you have ZERO RECOURSE. (not like you have any recourse in most international BTC situations anyway.)

You are invested in btct and nothing else, if the site goes away tomorrow -- they have all the direct shares and you have nothing, because buying pass thru shares is not investing in AM.  Regardless of the price on btct it has zero consequence to the company.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 28, 2013, 10:14:57 PM

What investors are looking for now is the % of the total network hashrate and things that effect that. 

What investors? the shares of AM have all been sold.  You are merely buying/selling pass thru shares... You could sell all your shares and it would have zero consequence for AM.
That is a totally ridiculous comment.
Developer
August 28, 2013, 10:12:13 PM

What investors? the shares of AM have all been sold.  You are merely buying/selling pass thru shares... You could sell all your shares and it would have zero consequence for AM.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 28, 2013, 09:53:59 PM
I think we have entered a time period where the weekly dividend will not be a huge catalyst anymore.  If it low, then it just AM re-investing for expansion.  If it high, it will be excused as a one-off from hardware sales of soon to be obsolete (and reduced in price) products.

What investors are looking for now is the % of the total network hashrate and things that effect that.  Specs on their new hardware, when it will be rolled out and start mining will be the movers.  If the competitors ship their new products before AM can start hashing away with there hardware, AM can easily be cut in half again.  If the opposite occurs, their will be upside - the amount depending on the specs of the H/W and the rate of rise in AM's share of the total network pie.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
August 28, 2013, 08:07:21 PM
How many blades were sold in the last day or so?

I'm gonna say 1,000. 

What do you guys think?
Activity: 557
Merit: 500
August 28, 2013, 01:52:55 PM

That's the same password that's on my luggage!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
August 28, 2013, 01:52:23 PM

Pretty good under the circumstances. I'm satisfied!
Activity: 574
August 28, 2013, 01:47:05 PM
spoke too soon - he added a bit more Smiley
Activity: 963
Merit: 509
August 28, 2013, 01:35:21 PM
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
August 28, 2013, 01:07:53 PM
Around .01 or less.

Mining wasn't great, other revenue is likely spent for new hardware. New products were announced, but likely not paid yet anyway.
Your avatar is perfect in this context  Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
August 28, 2013, 01:06:15 PM
Around .01 or less.

Mining wasn't great, other revenue is likely spent for new hardware. New products were announced, but likely not paid yet anyway.

yeah, I'd be surprised if we even get the new product bump before next week.

Mining was horrible this week.  There.  I said it.
Activity: 602
August 28, 2013, 12:51:58 PM
Jump to: