Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 130. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
September 03, 2013, 08:19:53 AM
AM is high under valued right now, you can safely assume Friedcat has a very good second generation chip coming (I'd guess it is 28nm considering the long wait to receive it).
It is really guess territory here, but what I find most likely is that AM will still do what has lead them to success: focus on something that is quick to design/build. So I would say 65 or 55, with a 3rd generation of 28 later. People tend to give too much importance to this aspect even if the electricity bill is really far from having any significant impact in the mining industry for the moment.

If they deploy in October which is what is being suggested, I'd venture to say that they have until minimum of February to maintain a very good % of the total network and even after that they will hold onto quite a bit compared to other companies.
Did I miss something? FC never ever spoke about October for the next gen chips availability. November/December were clearly mentioned, and just for testing, in the official update.

I'd rather have 65nm in january then 28nm in april :-) So I hope FC will do atmost 55nm 2gen. And you're right, it's planned on november/december for testing, so maybe january for deployment.

We know, AM has 0,5MW power, so efficiency like BFL (5 J/GH) will bring us to 100TH/s.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
September 03, 2013, 08:10:36 AM
AM is high under valued right now, you can safely assume Friedcat has a very good second generation chip coming (I'd guess it is 28nm considering the long wait to receive it).
It is really guess territory here, but what I find most likely is that AM will still do what has lead them to success: focus on something that is quick to design/build. So I would say 65 or 55, with a 3rd generation of 28 later. People tend to give too much importance to this aspect even if the electricity bill is really far from having any significant impact in the mining industry for the moment.

If they deploy in October which is what is being suggested, I'd venture to say that they have until minimum of February to maintain a very good % of the total network and even after that they will hold onto quite a bit compared to other companies.
Did I miss something? FC never ever spoke about October for the next gen chips availability. November/December were clearly mentioned, and just for testing, in the official update.
legendary
Still wild and free
September 03, 2013, 07:33:26 AM
Very low volume on ASICMINER-PT recently. And very high volume on LABCOIN (in terms of number of shares). This might indicate a bubble in labcoin and an anti-bubble in AM.

What the fuck is anti-bubble Huh Are you sating the share price is going to implode ?
When you have a bubble it implies the price will abruply decrease soon. So "anti" is just the opposite.
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
September 03, 2013, 07:24:48 AM
Very low volume on ASICMINER-PT recently. And very high volume on LABCOIN (in terms of number of shares). This might indicate a bubble in labcoin and an anti-bubble in AM.

What the fuck is anti-bubble Huh Are you sating the share price is going to implode ?
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
September 03, 2013, 05:25:19 AM
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
September 02, 2013, 03:29:02 AM
Thanks for this. Always appreciated! Smiley
Activity: 560
September 01, 2013, 05:12:52 PM
Just did my second report here.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 01, 2013, 07:23:17 AM
Any opinions on the ever growing number of pass-through shares? What effect might it have on price? Are any just added to the ask walls by the PT operators, or is it all from shares owners transferring more shares in than out?

For example...

ASICMINER-PT btct shares outstanding:
         27,979 @ 9 August
         30,377 @ 1 September
G.ASICMINER-PT BitFunder shares issued:
         13,525 @ 9 August
         14,151 @ 1 September

I expect it's because more investors with direct shares want out. I think Asicminer is a very good company, but overvalued at ~2.5BTC at the moment. It looks like there are more people now who also hold this view.
Activity: 602
September 01, 2013, 02:36:08 AM
AM needs to start cranking something out. bitfury's private pool seems to be the new "AM"
hopefully they get things going and communicate a bit more
Activity: 574
September 01, 2013, 01:16:11 AM
Any opinions on the ever growing number of pass-through shares? What effect might it have on price? Are any just added to the ask walls by the PT operators, or is it all from shares owners transferring more shares in than out?

For example...

ASICMINER-PT btct shares outstanding:
         27,979 @ 9 August
         30,377 @ 1 September
G.ASICMINER-PT BitFunder shares issued:
         13,525 @ 9 August
         14,151 @ 1 September
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
August 31, 2013, 02:47:47 PM
Will we see sub 2.00 if dividens are even lower this week?

If we do, I might have to take out my life savings to buy more  Wink

I hope you're joking.

Why?
Because investing life savings is stupid: if you lose them, you're screwed.
You should only invest spare money.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
August 31, 2013, 09:33:38 AM
how can you convert pass through to direct? i thought it was better to have a direct share as you recieved voting power, therefore why would it be 1:1 exchange

There is no voting power associated with direct ASICMiner shares (unless you own 5000+ shares and get board seat, and even then it's not a vote like with a regular stock). Direct shares are somewhat more secure, as you only have to trust the company, not the exchange and the passthrough-operator. Depending on the PT, a small handling fee may be deducted from the dividend, so you might get more dividends with direct shares.

On the other hand, passthroughs are far more liquid. You can sell PT shares instantly on an exchange, whereas selling direct shares requires you to first find a buyer, negotiate a price, find an escrow, then contact friedcat to arrange the transfer, etc...

As for conversion between PT and direct, the different PTs have different options for this, read through the contract details of the PTs to see what's possible.

Thank you very much, you cleared things up for me! have a good day you guys
Activity: 728
August 31, 2013, 09:29:38 AM
how can you convert pass through to direct? i thought it was better to have a direct share as you recieved voting power, therefore why would it be 1:1 exchange

There is no voting power associated with direct ASICMiner shares (unless you own 5000+ shares and get board seat, and even then it's not a vote like with a regular stock). Direct shares are somewhat more secure, as you only have to trust the company, not the exchange and the passthrough-operator. Depending on the PT, a small handling fee may be deducted from the dividend, so you might get more dividends with direct shares.

On the other hand, passthroughs are far more liquid. You can sell PT shares instantly on an exchange, whereas selling direct shares requires you to first find a buyer, negotiate a price, find an escrow, then contact friedcat to arrange the transfer, etc...

As for conversion between PT and direct, the different PTs have different options for this, read through the contract details of the PTs to see what's possible.
legendary
Still wild and free
August 31, 2013, 09:28:56 AM
how can you convert pass through to direct?
The procedure depends of each exchange/issuer. You should check there.

i thought it was better to have a direct share as you recieved voting power, therefore why would it be 1:1 exchange
There is no voting power associated with direct shares, unless you reach 5000 shares and becomes a board member.
legendary
August 31, 2013, 09:23:16 AM
legendary
Still wild and free
August 31, 2013, 09:03:10 AM
silly question to some, but what should i get
Asicminer.pt (pass through)
or
AsicMiner.tat

is asicminer.tat a direct share?

By definition, anything you will buy on exchanges are pass through. You can convert them to direct ones later if you wish (for 1:1 shares).
legendary
August 31, 2013, 08:50:16 AM
silly question to some, but what should i get
Asicminer.pt (pass through)
or
AsicMiner.tat

is asicminer.tat a direct share?
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
August 31, 2013, 08:13:22 AM
I'm surprised how low ASICMINER is.  It seems like the best deal going.  No way I'd sell at less than 3 myself. 

I'm gonna be holding a long time it seems.
When it drops to 0.7 BTC you will be crying out loud.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
August 30, 2013, 10:35:27 PM
I'm waiting for the statistics argument in the main thread to continue he-he
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
August 30, 2013, 09:44:57 PM
It seems that most bulls here feel 5BTC is fair value - that this would support a stable dividend.  The question is what % of the total network hash would AM need to maintain to deserve such a pricing again? Currently it at 4% only, well below its traditional 15%.

I think that's a really good point.  And since I don't see a good rebuttal, and that coupled with the fact that Velacreations is now slightly bearish on AM....I'm starting to sell off now.
Jump to: