Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 131. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 30, 2013, 07:26:29 PM
It seems that most bulls here feel 5BTC is fair value - that this would support a stable dividend.  The question is what % of the total network hash would AM need to maintain to deserve such a pricing again? Currently it at 4% only, well below its traditional 15%.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
August 30, 2013, 07:12:53 PM
Based on the recent Avalon refunds and BFL rumors, I am adjusting my AM price target upward from 1.2.

Sentiment: Strong Sell
Target: 1.5 BTC/share

Yes, I'm sure that none of those Avalon refunds will flow to AM... And how low are you valuing those hardware sales?

I just increased my price target by 25%.

Hardware sales are weaker than expected.

Right, but going from extremely bearish to very bearish is still not much of an increase. I don't see this going lower than 2, and that's only short term until the hash rate stabilizes and everyone
is bored for the ~1 month before gen 2 comes online.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
August 30, 2013, 07:03:59 PM
Based on the recent Avalon refunds and BFL rumors, I am adjusting my AM price target upward from 1.2.

Yes, I'm sure that none of those Avalon refunds will flow to AM... And how low are you valuing those hardware sales?

I just increased my price target by 25%.

Hardware sales are weaker than expected.
legendary
August 30, 2013, 06:57:18 PM

Activity: 656
Merit: 500
August 30, 2013, 06:27:07 PM
What BFL rumors?

The one about hiring vycid as their pricing of the equipment manager
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
August 30, 2013, 06:01:49 PM
What BFL rumors?
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
August 30, 2013, 05:56:09 PM

legendary
Activity: 910
August 30, 2013, 05:53:26 PM
anyone want to sell me 4 asic miner direct shares? having a hard time finding sellers
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
August 30, 2013, 05:03:19 PM
I'm surprised how low ASICMINER is.  It seems like the best deal going.  No way I'd sell at less than 3 myself. 

I'm gonna be holding a long time it seems.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
August 30, 2013, 04:48:40 PM
Long on AsicMiner all the way!  Cool
legendary
August 30, 2013, 09:31:24 AM
The hashrate has been pretty high and stable for a few days now - wish I had more BTC to put in at these prices! I'm in around 2.8-2.9

I'm pretty sure we're still hashing at around 55 th/s, as we have been for the last month.

No, the hashrate has definitely varied  from that number. FC even acknowledged this in his last update.

Where did he say this?

In an update last week:

Update

We have collected several shareholders' questions for answering.

Could we have an official live hashrate meter from ASICMINER?
We have an internal one, mainly for troubleshooting when some of the racks going down. The hashrate meter based on the blocks mined reflects more of the real speed (plus luck of course). We will buy more bandwidth before making it accessible by the whole internet. It also requires more commitment in maintenance.

For more transparency, is it possible to share a wallet address for depositing income from ASICMINER hardware sales?
We use a different deposit address for each payment transaction. But a centralized nexus address is good. Then people could see how the funds are separated as dividends and expenses.

Besides mining, hardware sales, and franchising, are there any other potential sources of revenue?
There are many possible ones considered, but none can support serious sound business model based on a 1-2billion dollar total market value of Bitcoin: selling patents, offering solution for mining farm construction, assembly service, etc.

Why has the hashrate dropped the past weeks?
It dropped in different few days. Some of them are internal hardware/network glitches, some of them are luck based. We haven't identified any form of DDOS attacks recently though.

There hasn't been a huge hardware dividend payoff: is it because of reduced margins, or delays?
Because we are collecting funds to get ready for the exponentially increased devices to be assembled in September and October.

How are things going regarding your business plan? Did you account for the sudden network hashrate increase? How is the international expansion of ASICminer coming along?
The business plan is unchanged. The network hashrate increase was still under our projection. The total hash target originally set for the end of this year would probably achieved earlier.
The ASICMiner expansion via franchising is still much within China border. The internationally deployed portion will dominate when the gain of operation cost outweigh the delay and cost of international shipping/assembling abroad.
Activity: 476
August 30, 2013, 09:27:16 AM
low hashrate recently, low dividends, and the rise of Labcoin is what has caused the slump in prices.

Every time Labcoin rises, AM falls a bit.  People are looking to get rich quick with LC.  But don't worry, cause when the LC bubble pops, that money will jump back to AM. 
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
August 30, 2013, 09:21:36 AM
I don't know how many USB asics they are selling but ebay is jammed with them. Picked up 10 more for myself. Hardware sales by pure volume must be huge.

Hardware seems to be flying out the door and competitors are failing left and right (Avalon refunds chips, BFL under investigation, Ken/ActiveMining goes MIA, BTCGarden, etc.) - but still the ASICMINER shares have dropped in price.

I'm puzzled - anyone have a reasonable explanation?

people are scared that ASICMINER network share will be below 5% soon
but friedcat has best team, most experience and he is smart
if mining will be not profitable, selling miners margin will be small
he will be producing bitcoin vending machines, terminals etc
i will keep shares till the end of bitcoin or for my kids Wink
Activity: 294
August 30, 2013, 09:20:16 AM

The market is still unproven (i.e., new) and people are skittish. Even at 50% ROI, it's a rather risky investment.

With that said -- the reason the price is low (by my guess) is because of the rather low dividends over the past several weeks. I know that it's short sighted, but people are.. short sighted.
August 30, 2013, 09:18:41 AM
The hashrate has been pretty high and stable for a few days now - wish I had more BTC to put in at these prices! I'm in around 2.8-2.9

I'm pretty sure we're still hashing at around 55 th/s, as we have been for the last month.

No, the hashrate has definitely varied  from that number. FC even acknowledged this in his last update.

Where did he say this?
Activity: 362
August 30, 2013, 09:17:44 AM
I don't know how many USB asics they are selling but ebay is jammed with them. Picked up 10 more for myself. Hardware sales by pure volume must be huge.

Hardware seems to be flying out the door and competitors are failing left and right (Avalon refunds chips, BFL under investigation, Ken/ActiveMining goes MIA, BTCGarden, etc.) - but still the ASICMINER shares have dropped in price.

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 30, 2013, 08:38:08 AM
legendary
Activity: 1064
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency
August 30, 2013, 08:30:01 AM
FC, we need some super good news.
legendary
August 29, 2013, 06:44:42 PM

August 29, 2013, 04:31:40 PM

Jump to: