Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 160. (Read 808757 times)

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
August 07, 2013, 12:45:16 PM
www.alydian.co

​Alydian’s turnkey Bitcoin mining solutions can be deployed in our datacenter or customer datacenters.

Included:

- One year of hosting   
- All energy costs
- All maintenance costs

August Availability:

- 5TH/s: $350k
- 10TH/s: $650k

srsly 65K per TH? WTF!

Isn't that kind of reasonable? My back of the envelope calculation is that it's ~5-10 times more cost efficient ($'s per hash per second) than a current USB ASICMiner block eruptor.

AM devices have always been massively overpriced. Try doing the comparison with  KnC Jupiters.

KnC Jupiter
400 Gh/s
6,995 USD
Available September
1 year hosting cost: 3,960 USD

27,387.5 USD per Th/s
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
August 07, 2013, 12:44:24 PM
www.alydian.co

​Alydian’s turnkey Bitcoin mining solutions can be deployed in our datacenter or customer datacenters.

Included:

- One year of hosting   
- All energy costs
- All maintenance costs

August Availability:

srsly 65K per TH? WTF!

Isn't that kind of reasonable? My back of the envelope calculation is that it's ~5-10 times more cost efficient ($'s per hash per second) than a current USB ASICMiner block eruptor.

You know what? You're right! & it's in line with Bitfury's pricing too (IF it ships, like, NOW, not August 30). I guess I was expecting "el cheapo" miners and was surprised I would have to fork 65K 350K minimum! Cheesy

Right. If you could order one from them today, and it shipped almost immediately, it would probably be an OK deal. Given that's not the case, I would say it's a bit pricey. (I'm not a miner though, so everything I say is pretty irrelevant)
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
August 07, 2013, 12:41:39 PM
srsly 65K per TH? WTF!

You can try to write in english next time, if you don't mind.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
August 07, 2013, 12:39:39 PM
0.02457144771075  Grin
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
August 07, 2013, 12:36:44 PM
www.alydian.co

Included:

- One year of hosting   
- All energy costs
- All maintenance costs

August Availability:

srsly 65K per TH? WTF!

You know what? You're right! & it's in line with Bitfury's pricing too (IF it ships, like, NOW, not August 30). I guess I was expecting "el cheapo" miners and was surprised I would have to fork 65K 350K minimum! Cheesy
legendary
August 07, 2013, 12:36:32 PM
DIVIDEND PREDICTION

.023 btc/share

I predict you are right!
legendary
August 07, 2013, 12:34:58 PM
The question shouldn't be "is that a reasonable price" as much as it should be "where is the hardware coming from?" and "what is ROI for these plans?"

and just for the record, no one uses the USBs as a benchmark for cost efficient mining that scales.

Oh I completely agree on both of your points. I just didn't understand why $65K per TH/s was "obviously" unreasonable as the previous poster seemed to imply.
Activity: 476
August 07, 2013, 12:30:51 PM
The question shouldn't be "is that a reasonable price" as much as it should be "where is the hardware coming from?" and "what is ROI for these plans?"

and just for the record, no one uses the USBs as a benchmark for cost efficient mining that scales.
legendary
August 07, 2013, 12:25:49 PM
www.alydian.co

Included:

- One year of hosting   
- All energy costs
- All maintenance costs

August Availability:

srsly 65K per TH? WTF!

KS
Activity: 448
August 07, 2013, 12:17:44 PM
www.alydian.co

Included:

- One year of hosting   
- All energy costs
- All maintenance costs

August Availability:

srsly 65K per TH? WTF!
August 07, 2013, 12:01:07 PM
The relentless onslaught of new mining companies continue:

CoinLab backs Alydian, a new U.S. based Mining Company
http://coinlab.com/news/coinlab-incubates-new-bitcoin-businesses

Any details on where their hardware is coming from?  Maybe this is part of FC's hardware lease program... Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 07, 2013, 11:57:39 AM
“The Alydian team has worked diligently over the past year and we are excited to be the first in this industry to offer multi-terahash-speed turnkey mining systems available for delivery this month,” said Vessenes.

Sounds like a bigger unicorn has been imagined into existence. I wonder where these magic beans... I mean CHIPS are coming from?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
August 07, 2013, 11:47:25 AM
The relentless onslaught of new mining companies continue:

CoinLab backs Alydian, a new U.S. based Mining Company
http://coinlab.com/news/coinlab-incubates-new-bitcoin-businesses

August 07, 2013, 10:35:41 AM
DIVIDEND PREDICTION

.023 btc/share
August 07, 2013, 10:05:10 AM
Friedcat needs to exceed expectations tomorrow to really give this stock any hope of breaking out of this downward trend.  All these mining IPOs may just be hype, but with people sitting on a lot of profits, many will be eager to lock some in in any sign that AM may have some real competition.
all it takes is one piece of news to change the downtrend: blades for sale.  As soon as that is announced, expect all of those IPOs to drop significantly (even more than now)
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
August 07, 2013, 09:13:55 AM
Please Read

It's that time again! Time for a new small shareholder poll:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15Ws1XzJeynK_vsKiQ9NaufQfLZOSKsRfsSgqMLTdIRs

As with the previous polls, we will leave the poll open for about a week. Once people have had sufficient time to vote, we will compile the results and post them here.

ThickAsThieves will then submit the top three questions to Friedcat with the hopes that he will answer them.

If you have any questions regarding this poll, please contact ThickAsThieves or myself. If you have a question that you would like included in future polls, please let us know that as well.

Thanks!

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
August 07, 2013, 07:46:29 AM
Dividend prediction: 0.01937 (from http://www.asicminercharts.com/live/)

We don't know if they started renting their hashpower, if that's the case the dividend prediction obviously lacks this information.
Divident perdiction has been there for a few days now, i expect somthing extra to that from sales
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
August 07, 2013, 04:21:18 AM
Dividend prediction: 0.01937 (from http://www.asicminercharts.com/live/)
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
August 07, 2013, 04:11:52 AM
“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.” ---William G.T. Shedd
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
August 07, 2013, 02:20:07 AM
A lot of IPOs releasing in the last couple weeks has been making it very hard to speculate

We're in for a few ho hum IPO's and 6 weeks of doldrums before shit starts hitting the fan.

If ever there was a safe time to take a break from bitcoin and go enjoy a beach somewhere, it's now.

He-he true but then again bitcoin is always interesting so much can happen in 6 weeks here Cheesy
Although leaving it in a just dice or Coinlenders CD would help for the summer break Smiley
Convenient earnings when your gone lol.
Neither exactly safe:
1. Just-Dice: you literally gambling your money with a 1% edge!  A little variance can make for large losses.  And then there is always the counter-party risk (though I do trust dooglus personally)

2. Coinlender CD: 25% APR, really seems too good to be true.  Pirateat40 redux anyone?  Even if he is well intentioned, at those generous rates, a couple wrong bets and he may not have the funds to even pay back the principal.  Significant counterparty risk

Nothing wrong with a paper wallet in a safe:)

Indeed just seems a bit better than earning nothing for a few weeks Smiley
Then again its 100% Safer in the paper wallet in a safe XD

(Only weakness the 5 dollar method rope and a weapon lol vs the guy mugging you and you're reply but its stuck in a CD it cannot be redeemed yet )
Jump to: