Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 156. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 151
Merit: 105
August 09, 2013, 11:40:57 AM
Th'ar she blows!!!

And the whale is back!

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 09, 2013, 11:20:45 AM
Good day to own AM shares. Bad day to own anything based upon the expectation of delivery of Avalon products. Wifu stated that they will never take preorders again. It is unlikely they will bring new products to market before next year if they have to have them in-hand before selling them.

So far as I can see the only other ASICs currently being delivered are from BFL. While they are pumping them out at record numbers, they still have around a year of backlogs to work through.

AM remains the only source for ASIC delivered within a week of purchase. That's pretty much all anyone needs to know.

The days of pre-order are over, and anyone still taking pre-orders for anything should be considered incompetent at the best, and scammers at the worst.

Friedcat has once again proven why AM is in the drivers seat.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
August 09, 2013, 09:34:04 AM
Extortion, a familiar tactic when it comes to the Bitcoin scene and business in China.

I don't really understand this. Is extortion a familiar tactic when doing business in China in general, or specifically when doing Bitcoin business in China? It seems odd to refer to extortion, or any tactic, as "familiar" for such a new thing as Bitcoins. In any case, I found the statement surprising. Are ASICMiner staff frequently fending off extortion attacks as well?

Extortion is a constant worry already, bitcoin is just the latest "magic" way of earning money that others will want to take.

a couple examples:
http://thinkingchinese.com/the-dilemma-of-good-samaritans-in-contemporary-china
http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2013/06/19/through-blackmail-and-extortion-chinese-hold-officials-in-line/
http://www.china.org.cn/china/2013-06/29/content_29268238.htm
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
August 09, 2013, 08:09:46 AM
Not that the situation is good, but it could be taken as a good sign that BTC adoption is up, which is good for all of us.

What would be real good for BTC broad adoption is a exchange company that can provide a fucking service without disrruptions for a fucking straight month. Jesus...
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I do not sell Bitcoins. I sell SHA256(SHA256()).
August 09, 2013, 08:04:42 AM
Thanks Friedcat!
Activity: 69
August 09, 2013, 07:47:10 AM
We'll see... There's a big problem for folks in the states... Coinbase is effectively down.  No transfers going through.  

Could you clarify this? Source?

I bought 15 BTC yesterday to buy some cheap shares; transferred immediately after purchase to BTCT.  Nothing on the Blockchain, Coinbase says 'pending'.   Get up this morning... the send transaction was gone - no evidence I'd even made it.  

I put it through again.  That was 6 hours ago.  This time I get a confirmation email, but no transfer to BTCT.  This is not normal - I've done this probably 10 times and it typically takes 45 mins.  

And I'm not the only one: Coinbase being extra slow

Not that the situation is good, but it could be taken as a good sign that BTC adoption is up, which is good for all of us.

Dunno...  If it's a sign of anything, I suspect it's a sign of a security or software problem... and that can't be good.

Anyways... the real problem is back.  I smell whale...  The 2000 share variety.

Well, lets hope I can buy up some more shares before it makes a splash!
August 09, 2013, 07:41:35 AM
We'll see... There's a big problem for folks in the states... Coinbase is effectively down.  No transfers going through.  

I bought 15 BTC yesterday to buy some cheap shares; transferred immediately after purchase to BTCT.  Nothing on the Blockchain, Coinbase says 'pending'.   Get up this morning... the send transaction was gone - no evidence I'd even made it.  

I put it through again.  That was 6 hours ago.  This time I get a confirmation email, but no transfer to BTCT.  This is not normal - I've done this probably 10 times and it typically takes 45 mins.  

Dunno...  If it's a sign of anything, I suspect it's a sign of a security or software problem... and that can't be good.

Anyways... the real problem is back.  I smell whale...  The 2000 share variety.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
August 09, 2013, 07:40:41 AM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270573.20

Official ASICMiner Hardware Info Thread:

-----------------------
Products Update

Please note that the resellers usually get the products after one week or more
from the day we ship out.

Blade (Old Model):
  Restocking date - August 11, 2013

USB
  Restocking date - August 11, 2013

Blade (New Model):
  Availability date - August 18-25, 2013
----------------------

Sweet - price rise back to 4.5 to 5 coming like an express train. Weeks of high dividends ahead.
Activity: 69
August 09, 2013, 07:39:44 AM

I put it through again.  That was 6 hours ago.  This time I get a confirmation email, but no transfer to BTCT.  This is not normal - I've done this probably 10 times and it typically takes 45 mins.  

Activity: 406
August 09, 2013, 07:35:57 AM
Is asicminer a good invesment?

I don't think we will go past 5 BTC soon, because there is too much competition that is sucking away the funds needed for ASICMINER to cross the 5 BTC barrier. I think we are just going to see 4s.

It depends on wednesday dividends. You can buy a little now and make bigger decision after dividends.
August 09, 2013, 07:35:35 AM

I put it through again.  That was 6 hours ago.  This time I get a confirmation email, but no transfer to BTCT.  This is not normal - I've done this probably 10 times and it typically takes 45 mins.  

donator
Activity: 290
August 09, 2013, 07:35:04 AM

I don't think we will go past 5 BTC soon, because there is too much competition that is sucking away the funds needed for ASICMINER to cross the 5 BTC barrier. I think we are just going to see 4s.

It's a terrible investment. Now shoo! Go away.
Or do your research.
Activity: 98
I do not sell Bitcoins. I sell SHA256(SHA256()).
August 09, 2013, 07:30:19 AM

Activity: 560
August 09, 2013, 07:29:02 AM
We'll see... There's a big problem for folks in the states... Coinbase is effectively down.  No transfers going through. 

August 09, 2013, 07:25:33 AM
There is close to 100 shares under 4.06 right now.
Tomorrow Today is Friday - Payday for most. Look for a big rise, and another after wednesday's divs. Then another NEXT wednesday, then another when the new blades  start selling. We're going to get to 5.0+ very soon.
Ladies and Gentlemen, we're back in business.

Shit...looks like another scramble to buy.
I hope I can get my bitcoin out of cold storage tonight and into btct before the price goes up.

We'll see... There's a big problem for folks in the states... Coinbase is effectively down.  No transfers going through. 
Activity: 588
August 09, 2013, 07:15:56 AM
Tomorrow Today is Friday - Payday for most. Look for a big rise, and another after wednesday's divs. Then another NEXT wednesday, then another when the new blades  start selling. We're going to get to 5.0+ very soon.

Shit...looks like another scramble to buy.
I hope I can get my bitcoin out of cold storage tonight and into btct before the price goes up.
Activity: 252
August 09, 2013, 06:48:29 AM
Tomorrow is Friday - Payday for most. Look for a big rise, and another after wednesday's divs. Then another NEXT wednesday, then another when the new blades  start selling. We're going to get to 5.0+ very soon.

tomorrow is friday ? where are you located at ?

It's Friday night for me   Grin

Sydney
g83
Activity: 448
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
August 09, 2013, 06:35:35 AM
Tomorrow is Friday - Payday for most. Look for a big rise, and another after wednesday's divs. Then another NEXT wednesday, then another when the new blades  start selling. We're going to get to 5.0+ very soon.

tomorrow is friday ? where are you located at ?
donator
Activity: 290
August 09, 2013, 06:32:26 AM
Activity: 2828
Merit: 604
CoinMetro
August 09, 2013, 06:25:13 AM
Do you realize that friedcat could have purchased dozens of TH/s from BFL and AVALON? There's nothing that can stop him (or his anonymous partners) to do that. That's the easiest way to mantain AM network share. And he can keep doing the same thing in the future.
would be a smart move! Smiley
Jump to: