Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 178. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
July 18, 2013, 12:25:33 PM
I think they are waiting for some more competition, the network growth was not that big lately.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 18, 2013, 11:50:01 AM
Yeah, could be. I hope FC does an update this week, but I'm not holding my breath.

Good because there's no correlation with asphyxiation and increasing share prices.

I don't know.  2 weeks ago, I had a bag over my head, and the share price dropped.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
July 18, 2013, 11:45:27 AM
Yeah, could be. I hope FC does an update this week, but I'm not holding my breath.

Good because there's no correlation with asphyxiation and increasing share prices.
July 18, 2013, 11:41:53 AM
With the new SD money and the big buy at 4.61, I can see us going over 4.8 today, guys.  If we get a FC update, then 5.0+.

FTFY

Activity: 560
July 18, 2013, 11:25:16 AM
With the new SD money and the big buy at 4.61, I can see us going over 4.8 today, guys.  If we get a FC update, then 5.0+.

FTFY
July 18, 2013, 11:23:22 AM
With the new SD money and the big buy at 4.61, I can see us going over 4.8 today, guys.  If we get a FC update, then 4.9.
Activity: 574
July 18, 2013, 11:19:13 AM
The price run up is due to 1 aggressive buyer, not a larger crowd movement. However, I do anticipate some buying after the SDICE payout.
How do you know that, considering it happened on BitFunder as well as btct, and in several buys over the course of a few hours?

Only one buyer buying at 4.7 in btct, those who sold their shares of course will buy cheaper shares at bitfunder, Im one of them thus lower asks price sold out.  
Don't know what btct trade history you're looking at, I see lots of different buys at or over 4.7, across the last 5+ hours.

Also there were lots of buys in between those, and leading up to those, and several buys on BitFunder across a few hours taking it up to 4.6 from below 4.4 earlier.

If all below 4.7 bought, the remaining over 4.7 will be at the first in the asks price so other users bought it.
If you check the btct history the over 4.7 were just recently.

2013-07-18 15:51:17    Market Buy    12    ฿ 4.705    ฿ 56.46

2013-07-18 15:30:13    Market Buy    1    ฿ 4.704999    ฿ 4.704999
2013-07-18 15:30:10    Market Buy    1    ฿ 4.70498    ฿ 4.70498

2013-07-18 12:57:09    Market Buy    58    ฿ 4.7    ฿ 272.6
2013-07-18 12:52:53    Market Buy    10    ฿ 4.7    ฿ 47

2013-07-18 12:23:53    Market Buy    5    ฿ 4.7    ฿ 23.5

2013-07-18 12:06:23    Market Buy    3    ฿ 4.7    ฿ 14.1
2013-07-18 12:06:21    Market Buy    10    ฿ 4.7    ฿ 47
2013-07-18 12:06:19    Market Buy    1    ฿ 4.7    ฿ 4.7

2013-07-18 11:49:18    Market Buy    10    ฿ 4.7    ฿ 47

2013-07-18 11:37:13    Market Buy    1    ฿ 4.7    ฿ 4.7

2013-07-18 10:38:08    Market Buy    1    ฿ 4.7    ฿ 4.7
2013-07-18 10:38:06    Market Buy    10    ฿ 4.7    ฿ 47
2013-07-18 10:38:04    Market Buy    1    ฿ 4.7    ฿ 4.7
2013-07-18 10:38:02    Market Buy    50    ฿ 4.7    ฿ 235

(UK time, so currently 16:20)
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
July 18, 2013, 11:14:43 AM
The SD payout was done already?
legendary
Activity: 1022
July 18, 2013, 11:14:18 AM
looks like when BTC/USD price falls, people buy AM shares to hedge their funds.
It often happens the other way, AM shares being sold when BTC goes down.

I'm guessing this jump in AM price is more likely to be speculation in anticipation of S.DICE owners looking for another good dividend stock in the coming days when they get their payout, which would raise the price of AM, probably by quite a lot if there's good news from Friedcat the same time.

The price run up is due to 1 aggressive buyer, not a larger crowd movement. However, I do anticipate some buying after the SDICE payout.
How do you know that, considering it happened on BitFunder as well as btct, and in several buys over the course of a few hours?

Only one buyer buying at 4.7 in btct, those who sold their shares of course will buy cheaper shares at bitfunder, Im one of them thus lower asks price sold out.  
Don't know what btct trade history you're looking at, I see lots of different buys at or over 4.7, across the last 5+ hours.

Also there were lots of buys in between those, and leading up to those, and several buys on BitFunder across a few hours taking it up to 4.6 from below 4.4 earlier.

If all below 4.7 bought, the remaining over 4.7 will be at the first in the asks price so other users bought it.
If you check the btct history the over 4.7 were just recently.
July 18, 2013, 11:11:49 AM

that's what I am seeing, too.  There are large buyers, but then there are lots of small buys, too.  It could be the SD crowd or board members or MPOE-PR getting in before the blades announcement.
July 18, 2013, 11:02:57 AM

I'm guessing this jump in AM price is more likely to be speculation in anticipation of S.DICE owners looking for another good dividend stock in the coming days when they get their payout, which would raise the price of AM, probably by quite a lot if there's good news from Friedcat the same time.

legendary
July 18, 2013, 11:01:26 AM

Only one buyer buying at 4.7 in btct, those who sold their shares of couse will buy cheaper shares at bitfunder, Im one of them thus lower asks price sold out. 

There is a buy wall of 326 shares at 4.61 on btct, I doubt it is the same buyer. Whether it is manipulation or a serious buy attempt, there are big players playing around Smiley

EDIT: I love to think that it is a board member with inside info of what news are coming soon...

That's what I thought too.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
July 18, 2013, 10:56:45 AM

Only one buyer buying at 4.7 in btct, those who sold their shares of couse will buy cheaper shares at bitfunder, Im one of them thus lower asks price sold out.  

There is a buy wall of 326 shares at 4.61 on btct, I doubt it is the same buyer. Whether it is manipulation or a serious buy attempt, there are big players playing around Smiley

EDIT: I love to think that it is a board member with inside info of what news are coming soon...
legendary
July 18, 2013, 10:54:24 AM

Activity: 518
July 18, 2013, 10:47:29 AM
Where has it dropped 12% - AM1 @ havelock has barely moved .... always expect a slight move down after d-day

Not the Asicminer shares, in fact they gained a bit.
He is talking about the Bitcoin/USD price.

I think a correlation is quite probably.

not that old chestnut

Yep...  here we go with the hedge talk again.  Even though last time bitcoin value dropped significantly AM price dropped as well.

Don't let facts get in the way of a crap theory  Wink
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
July 18, 2013, 10:41:38 AM
Where has it dropped 12% - AM1 @ havelock has barely moved .... always expect a slight move down after d-day

not that old chestnut

Yep...  here we go with the hedge talk again.  Even though last time bitcoin value dropped significantly AM price dropped as well.
July 18, 2013, 10:41:17 AM

yeah, I'm not sure it is just one buyer, the pattern of buys seems a bit random, but it certainly could be.
July 18, 2013, 10:36:13 AM

Activity: 518
July 18, 2013, 10:16:59 AM

not that old chestnut
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
July 18, 2013, 10:15:17 AM
Anyone holding more than 99 fractional shares is just a fool IMAO.
Unless they're looking for price speculation and want a higher liquidity (I'm not sure which provides the best liquidity though - given how many exchanges there are with PTs and fractionals).
True, I was discounting speculators, counting only investors.
Speculators can speculate on anything, it doesn't mean that it has any real value, though ; )

Edit: IMAO = in my awesome opinion? Cool
"Arrogant" ^_^
Jump to: