Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 175. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
July 21, 2013, 11:31:02 PM
The news about the delay has been in the air for some time now, and yet there is no significant slump.
well, I only heard about the news this morning, and the buy orders are sitting at 4.56 right now, after a high of 4.86 yesterday. 

I'd consider that a slump.

Hoping for a jump up after the financial report on Tuesday!

Or perhaps a jump down?

I am doubtful that it will be bad news, based on the fact that he planned to release it directly before dividends, as opposed to afterwards.  Friedcat is smarter than that.

Its probably just a convenient day for him, prepare the statement on Monday, release Tuesday. It doesn't have to planned around d-day.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
July 21, 2013, 09:02:17 PM
Friedcat is honest even refunds people for delays so he's not too worried what us speculators do  Cool
Doesn't mean we don't try though  Grin
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
July 21, 2013, 07:04:30 PM
The news about the delay has been in the air for some time now, and yet there is no significant slump.
well, I only heard about the news this morning, and the buy orders are sitting at 4.56 right now, after a high of 4.86 yesterday. 

Or perhaps a jump down?

I am doubtful that it will be bad news, based on the fact that he planned to release it directly before dividends, as opposed to afterwards.  Friedcat is smarter than that.
July 21, 2013, 06:46:37 PM

Or perhaps a jump down?
July 21, 2013, 04:07:10 PM

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 20, 2013, 11:15:19 AM

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
July 20, 2013, 10:21:57 AM
After all it looks stable in the middle. I'm not unhappy with the delay of new blades. It might continue to rise very slightly until they are officially available, so overall it could go slitghly higher by then than if we get good news right away now.

it will probably slump, until dividend day with this kind of news.  I doubt there will be any other news right away.

July 20, 2013, 10:05:48 AM
After all it looks stable in the middle. I'm not unhappy with the delay of new blades. It might continue to rise very slightly until they are officially available, so overall it could go slitghly higher by then than if we get good news right away now.

it will probably slump, until dividend day with this kind of news.  I doubt there will be any other news right away.
legendary
Still wild and free
July 20, 2013, 08:21:07 AM
I speculate that we'll touch 5 today.

I think it'll slide back down near 4.4 or so to wait for news.
Activity: 266
July 20, 2013, 08:10:02 AM
This week mining income was kinda lame too so far.
Debugging blade may be
July 20, 2013, 06:32:29 AM
wow...we are holding pretty good for the last couple of days. ~4.7

yeah, I am surprised, I expected a slump after all that, but maybe we'll hold through the weekend.

ask is 4.8 on btct - considering its the weekend, I think it will climb into high 4.9 by div day. That's without any cat announcements.

When the mighty cat announces something new, the price can *only* climb well above 5.

The end of SDice is a godsend for AM share price. No other bitcoin investment is even near AM yield now. That would be still true at 6+ BTC per share, so if there is good news from the cat, I've no problem with a 6-7 BTC valuation being sustainable.

I sure hope you're right!  I bought 400 passthrough shares at 0.046, and so far it keeps on dropping...but I suppose I can't expect it to move up again until there is some news.

This is definitely a situation where "No news is good news" does not apply.

The price has dropped because of the news out of China today that new blades won't be out till 30th - which of course means less than expected dividends for a couple of weeks. But its really just shifting when the "dividend bonus" will happen. But people are impatient ..... the shares will increase, just have to hold out a week or two longer than you originally expected.

Shucks.  That means no more daytrading it for a few weeks!  I picked a really crappy position!  Oh well, lesson learned....don't go to sleep with a bad buy-order standing.
July 20, 2013, 06:11:42 AM

yeah, I am surprised, I expected a slump after all that, but maybe we'll hold through the weekend.

ask is 4.8 on btct - considering its the weekend, I think it will climb into high 4.9 by div day. That's without any cat announcements.

When the mighty cat announces something new, the price can *only* climb well above 5.

The end of SDice is a godsend for AM share price. No other bitcoin investment is even near AM yield now. That would be still true at 6+ BTC per share, so if there is good news from the cat, I've no problem with a 6-7 BTC valuation being sustainable.

I sure hope you're right!  I bought 400 passthrough shares at 0.046, and so far it keeps on dropping...but I suppose I can't expect it to move up again until there is some news.

The price has dropped because of the news out of China today that new blades won't be out till 30th - which of course means less than expected dividends for a couple of weeks. But its really just shifting when the "dividend bonus" will happen. But people are impatient ..... the shares will increase, just have to hold out a week or two longer than you originally expected.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
July 20, 2013, 04:49:00 AM
Let's hope to hear some good news then. :-)
July 20, 2013, 04:00:42 AM

July 19, 2013, 10:43:36 PM

July 19, 2013, 10:01:35 PM

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
July 19, 2013, 08:29:48 PM
Activity: 378
July 19, 2013, 07:20:09 PM
5 is possibly too risk for new investors, regard to reality that 5 would take to long time to recovered its initial investment.
July 19, 2013, 11:27:23 AM

I think it'll slide back down near 4.4 or so to wait for news.
legendary
Still wild and free
July 19, 2013, 08:31:08 AM
Jump to: