Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 238. (Read 808768 times)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100
June 24, 2013, 02:51:08 PM
Thanks!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 24, 2013, 02:50:19 PM
I find it quite hilarious that people need to resort to "ignore" because they can't refute the maths and can't bear hearing the truth. This is an ASICMINER speculation thread. Just because I'm speculating that share prices will go down and providing mathematical evidence to support my reasoning, that does not make me a troll, it makes me an active participant.

no i want anyone to prove these shares even exist in realtime now ..thanks

Huh?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asicminer-entering-the-future-of-asic-mining-by-inventing-it-99497
https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT
https://bitfunder.com/asset/G.ASICMINER-PT

both of these are simulations not real shares if anything ...insiders happily posting and dumping shares...one day you cant log on then what?..CHEERS
Activity: 294
June 24, 2013, 02:42:34 PM
Question regarding ASICMINER shares:

In the last two weeks, ASICMINER shares have gone up one full BTC each per share.  I know that they're a great company and all, but why the extreme jump in price so quickly?  Am I missing something?  Were they way underpriced two weeks ago at 2.5, are they now overpriced at 3.5, or have I missed a major announcement or something in the last two weeks that has caused it to gain so much value so quickly?

I am assuming (with some confidence) that the market was uncertain how ASICMINER would respond to higher network difficulty and competitors releasing products at much cheaper prices.

The price jump is largely due to the big 1000 share 2.5 wall coming down, and Friedcat's post that indicated that the USB ASICs are now 0.99 BTC rather than 1.99 BTC.

Ian
Activity: 144
June 24, 2013, 02:39:57 PM
Question regarding ASICMINER shares:

In the last two weeks, ASICMINER shares have gone up one full BTC each per share.  I know that they're a great company and all, but why the extreme jump in price so quickly?  Am I missing something?  Were they way underpriced two weeks ago at 2.5, are they now overpriced at 3.5, or have I missed a major announcement or something in the last two weeks that has caused it to gain so much value so quickly?
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
June 24, 2013, 02:27:22 PM
I find it quite hilarious that people need to resort to "ignore" because they can't refute the maths and can't bear hearing the truth. This is an ASICMINER speculation thread. Just because I'm speculating that share prices will go down and providing mathematical evidence to support my reasoning, that does not make me a troll, it makes me an active participant.

Huh?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asicminer-entering-the-future-of-asic-mining-by-inventing-it-99497
https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT
https://bitfunder.com/asset/G.ASICMINER-PT

June 24, 2013, 02:12:27 PM
ok, so, shares are around 3.4 right now, and USB miners are for sale, but I don't think we'll actually get any revenue for that this week.

Any bets on dividends for this week?  I'm gonna guess maybe .017.  Will a lower dividend this week cause I sell off, or have the newbies learned their lesson after the major raping they got last week?

Hash rate went up, so I am guessing around .02. Doesn't sound like any hardware sales will be on this weeks div.

do you have a link to this info?..thanks

http://www.asicminercharts.com/

As for the hardware sales, that is just my speculation. Who knows, maybe they did already sell USB sticks to those distributors.

no ASICMINER is no longer mining there..that number refers to the BitGuild pool based here in California.. isnt them just go ask BitGuild listed at the bottom of the page..thanks
Activity: 576
Merit: 500
June 24, 2013, 02:07:13 PM
ok, so, shares are around 3.4 right now, and USB miners are for sale, but I don't think we'll actually get any revenue for that this week.

Any bets on dividends for this week?  I'm gonna guess maybe .017.  Will a lower dividend this week cause I sell off, or have the newbies learned their lesson after the major raping they got last week?

Hash rate went up, so I am guessing around .02. Doesn't sound like any hardware sales will be on this weeks div.

http://www.asicminercharts.com/

As for the hardware sales, that is just my speculation. Who knows, maybe they did already sell USB sticks to those distributors.
June 24, 2013, 02:03:44 PM

Activity: 576
June 24, 2013, 01:56:34 PM

June 24, 2013, 01:51:59 PM

legendary
June 24, 2013, 01:49:29 PM

June 24, 2013, 01:49:19 PM
Who cares? I'm talking about buying now, not during AM's IPO or 1 year ago.

I care, because it completely negates your whole argument that buying BFL was/is more profitable.

How does it? If you buy a BFL now and an AM share now, the BFL miner will generate profit from mining income before the AM shares will generate profit from dividends. That's a fact.

on what exchange?..thanks
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 24, 2013, 01:42:46 PM

legendary
June 24, 2013, 01:42:29 PM
Who cares? I'm talking about buying now, not during AM's IPO or 1 year ago.

I care, because it completely negates your whole argument that buying BFL was/is more profitable.

How does it? If you buy a BFL now and an AM share now, the BFL miner will generate profit from mining income before the AM shares will generate profit from dividends. That's a fact.
legendary
June 24, 2013, 01:37:27 PM
let's see, .1 btc 8 months ago turned into 3.72 btc with AM.

How many btc did you spend 8 months ago with BFL?  And it has done nothing.

Seriously, I am selling some prime, fresh, top shelf, high quality, authentic nothing cheaper than anyone else!

Get your nothing , here!  Hot Nothing for sale!

Can you not read? I never placed an order with BFL 8 months ago - so I spent nothing. I did however place an order for a 5 GH/s miner with BFL in April and it cost me 1.6 BTC. It was also around that time that I started buying shares in various stock.
legendary
June 24, 2013, 01:32:25 PM
No, my hope is for July based on 400 units per day, before the end of August is pretty much a certainty.

kinda like them delivering in March?  hahaha  Grin

I see you like to buy nothing vs buying something.  I tell you what, I'll sell you nothing for cheaper than BFL sells it.

No not at all like that. They're currently shipping all their products, and are currently into September's orders for Jalapenos.

You can keep ripping on BFL as much as you want but I'm not some arse licking fanboy so I don't care. I have orders and shares with numerous mining companies and stocks.

My argument is not that BFL are godlike and deserve to be worshipped. My argument is that AM is currently overpriced.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 24, 2013, 01:31:54 PM
Stop feeding the troll for fuck's sake!!!
ok, just for you
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
June 24, 2013, 01:31:04 PM
Stop feeding the troll for fuck's sake!!!
legendary
June 24, 2013, 01:26:22 PM
since your shares are so worthless, I'm sure you won't have a problem selling them to us cheap, right?

I' never said they're worthless, I said they're currently overpriced.
legendary
June 24, 2013, 01:24:40 PM
The fact that AM could half the price of those USB stick just proves how overpriced they were. They're still incredibly overpriced though when compared to BFL, and yes, I will compare AM to BFL because I'm a miner, not a retarded fanboy who worships companies and licks the arse of their bosses.

I guess miners like you like to wait a year+ to receive their orders, right?

Let's see, let's compare nothing to something, and then see which one is more valuable...  Roll Eyes

Of course not. Everyone wants their miners as soon as possible. I paid 1.6 BTC for a 5 GH/s BFL in April and I'll have it in August at the latest. 4 months != 1 year. Anyone ordering now will also have to wait about 3-4 months before they get their order.

Let's compare then smart arse.

AM
3.3 BTC per share
400,000 shares
0.03 BTC weekly dividend (extremely optimistic)
110 weeks = 770 days to recoup costs

5 Gh/s BFL
274 USD = 2.74 BTC @ 100 USD/BTC
0.018 BTC per day with network hash rate at 1000 Th/s, 153 days to recoup costs
0.0045 BTC per day with network hash rate at 4000 Th/s, 612 days to recoup costs

So, even if you did have to wait another year for your BFL miner to arrive, you'd still make far more profit from a BFL miner over an AM share. Face it, you need to go back to school and learn how to do basic maths.

If you can sell your AM share for more than 0 BTC after 770 days, then you have no argument. You can't know the price of AM in 770 days, but it likely won't be 0 BTC. Additionally, you can't know the future difficulty so why bother with your pointless simple math.

Why would you want to sell your shares if they're so great? Sure, you can sell your AM shares and then make an actual profit. You could have bought a new miner by that point if you went with BFL though and would be making even more profit.

The point of those examples was to show that even at stupidly high difficulty, which we probably won't see for a few years, BFL still offers better value. If you buy a BFL, you will recoup the costs quicker than you would if you bought an AM share, even if it did take them a year to ship it, which it wouldn't.

Wow.  Just wow.  Please don't invest in AM.

I already have done. Just not at a stupid price.
Jump to: