Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 241. (Read 808768 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
June 24, 2013, 10:30:03 AM
I got in AM just below 2BTC, and since then I've never seen something that could be call a bubble burst. Minor corrections, that's all. Were there any stronger corrections in the share history, or it has been always steady since the IPO?
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
June 24, 2013, 10:26:05 AM
The fact that AM could half the price of those USB stick just proves how overpriced they were. They're still incredibly overpriced though when compared to BFL, and yes, I will compare AM to BFL because I'm a miner, not a retarded fanboy who worships companies and licks the arse of their bosses.

You can try and bullshit people as much as you want by spreading nonsense in order to increase share price. You're just causing a bubble though, and bubble tend to burst.

Despite me saying that, I still hold TAT.AM shares, I just wouldn't buy any at current price because I can actually do basic maths. I'll wait for the bubble to burst and scoop up a load of shares at a fair price, while laughing at SOSLOVE screaming all over the place that Friedcat scammed him and is evil.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
You can't kill math.
June 24, 2013, 10:17:08 AM
Usually when it went up "too" quickly, it corrected a bit before increasing again more steadily. Might happen because the last days we've seen quite a quick rise.

could happen.  It might slump down near 3.25, but I expect it to pick back up later today and tomorrow for the dividend rush.

Yah, although traditionally it has dropped the half a day before the dividend because the sell off earns more.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
June 24, 2013, 10:07:17 AM
This is as good a time as any to promote my friedcat/ASICMINER t-shirt design contest: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asicminer-fan-club-t-shirt-design-contest-242016
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 24, 2013, 09:52:38 AM
Usually when it went up "too" quickly, it corrected a bit before increasing again more steadily. Might happen because the last days we've seen quite a quick rise.

could happen.  It might slump down near 3.25, but I expect it to pick back up later today and tomorrow for the dividend rush.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
June 24, 2013, 09:49:50 AM
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
June 24, 2013, 09:36:52 AM
I expect the rise to slow down a bit until Weds.  What happens then is anyone's guess. Dividends will probably be a bit higher than last week, but not as high as the week before that.  I'm predicting in the .02 range.

Will this cause another sell off?

The following week should be excellent, as USB miners will be selling well, again, plus I expect a few blades to go up for sale, too.

I think the price is going to come down a bit this week, but no lower than 3.0.
Activity: 476
June 24, 2013, 09:32:50 AM
I expect the rise to slow down a bit until Weds.  What happens then is anyone's guess. Dividends will probably be a bit higher than last week, but not as high as the week before that.  I'm predicting in the .02 range.

Will this cause another sell off?

The following week should be excellent, as USB miners will be selling well, again, plus I expect a few blades to go up for sale, too.

Activity: 406
June 24, 2013, 06:11:33 AM
Has there ever been any talk about a split?  Obviously the 21M limit in coins (or 11.5 rather, today) could be a factor in the limit of funds available for people to actually purchase AM shares.  For those unfamiliar with stock splits, doubling the number of shares available and reducing the price by a half would get around that limit without dilution.  I think if it happened sooner rather than later, people would be more likely to invest in AM, especially with difficulty increasing so much and reducing the entry point for many people into Bitcoin.

there are "microshares" which are 1/100 of an AM share. No need to split.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
June 24, 2013, 06:10:04 AM
Has there ever been any talk about a split?  Obviously the 21M limit in coins (or 11.5 rather, today) could be a factor in the limit of funds available for people to actually purchase AM shares.  For those unfamiliar with stock splits, doubling the number of shares available and reducing the price by a half would get around that limit without dilution.  I think if it happened sooner rather than later, people would be more likely to invest in AM, especially with difficulty increasing so much and reducing the entry point for many people into Bitcoin.
Activity: 378
June 24, 2013, 06:08:27 AM

Greed human nature and a ton of advertising Smiley
Well havelocks cheapest then bitfunder and btct most expensive now Smiley
0.033 0.034 0.035 nice
Price will be flatted around this level....good time for speculating.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
June 24, 2013, 06:02:19 AM
Unfortunately, Block Erupter blade is still more expensive than BFL on dollar per GHash.  BFL is $60 per GH.  Newer priced blade is $250 per GH.  Assuming $/BTC is 100 and the new blade pricing is similar to the above estimate.  BFL is shipping, although in limited quantities and there is a huge back log.
They charge a price that customers are willing to pay (yay for shareholders), mainly because AM is actually shipping and their competition has months of wait time -- difficulty could increase dramatically in the time you're waiting for a "cheaper" BFL miner.

Pay peanuts, and you get monkeys.

I can't understand why people continue comparing a invisible product with visible product.

Greed human nature and a ton of advertising Smiley
Well havelocks cheapest then bitfunder and btct most expensive now Smiley
0.033 0.034 0.035 nice
Activity: 378
June 24, 2013, 05:59:34 AM
Unfortunately, Block Erupter blade is still more expensive than BFL on dollar per GHash.  BFL is $60 per GH.  Newer priced blade is $250 per GH.  Assuming $/BTC is 100 and the new blade pricing is similar to the above estimate.  BFL is shipping, although in limited quantities and there is a huge back log.
They charge a price that customers are willing to pay (yay for shareholders), mainly because AM is actually shipping and their competition has months of wait time -- difficulty could increase dramatically in the time you're waiting for a "cheaper" BFL miner.

I can't understand why people continue comparing a invisible product with visible product.

Activity: 105
Merit: 11
June 24, 2013, 05:31:37 AM

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
June 24, 2013, 02:29:47 AM
TAT.Asicminer shares are going for just under 4 BTC on Bitfunder...

Under .04 you mean. Wink

Yeah that's what I meant. Normalizing to 100 shares for direct comparison with full shares Smiley Looks like asks are coming back down a bit, but someone paid 0.03999999 BTC for some shares a bit ago.

Definitely been slowly piling in and preparing a retreat at the same time  Wink
Activity: 420
June 24, 2013, 02:05:56 AM

Under .04 you mean. Wink

Yeah that's what I meant. Normalizing to 100 shares for direct comparison with full shares Smiley Looks like asks are coming back down a bit, but someone paid 0.03999999 BTC for some shares a bit ago.
Activity: 258
You can trust me, I have an avatar
June 24, 2013, 01:57:40 AM

Under .04 you mean. Wink
Activity: 420
June 24, 2013, 01:55:58 AM
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 24, 2013, 01:44:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5l35eTP.png
http://www.asicminercharts.com/live

Looks like the technical issues have been worked out.

technical bullchit...pie cutters here we go .. patents for pie cutters have you seen the cv?..lol
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
June 24, 2013, 01:25:12 AM

http://www.asicminercharts.com/live

Looks like the technical issues have been worked out.
Jump to: