Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 255. (Read 808768 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
June 19, 2013, 01:22:13 PM
Apparently some exchanges are getting GOXXED by the AM price drop.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2521638
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
June 19, 2013, 01:12:33 PM
Havelock's highest bid is currently 0.02505000

At this rate, we'll see 1.4 by tomorrow  Roll Eyes
People are insane, does they ask themselves, what could they invest in after this panic selling..those people will obviously buy those AM shares back ,because even the dividend is down by 50%, holding AM shares still the safest investment over anything else.

It is dramatically less safe than a paper wallet.

Yes, does you getting any dividend from paper wallet? I mean if they sold all shares what they going to buy? buying PMB?? this just like suicide his self, trust me, if you do some research that nothing will be bad than invest in PMB at this moment. you will never get pay back .
Activity: 362
June 19, 2013, 01:02:36 PM
ok, for the extremely short term, what happens today when the difficulty increases?  We see that the AM hasrate has dropped considerably over the last day or so, will they be able to ramp up to meet difficulty?

Short term, I don't believe the difficulty increase to have a significant price effect. However, I think "low" dividends on Wednesday will cause a sell-off from more inexperienced "investors" who have done too little research.

There appear to be a good number of shareholders that are panic-prone and have little understanding of both investing and the company they have invested in. They will see lower dividends than they were led to expect [since hardware is out of stock], declare the whole thing a scam, then sell shares at discount prices because they believe the sky is falling down. The kind of "investor" prone to this kind of panic behavior is not the same kind of investor that closely follows network hash rate, so I think Wednesday's price movement will drown out anything we may see today.

Called it.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
June 19, 2013, 01:02:09 PM

People are insane, does they ask themselves, what could they invest in after this panic selling..those people will obviously buy those AM shares back ,because even the dividend is down by 50%, holding AM shares still the safest investment over anything else.

It is dramatically less safe than a paper wallet.
June 19, 2013, 01:01:25 PM

Activity: 476
June 19, 2013, 01:01:20 PM
about to go into 2.5...

where's the floor?  2.3?
June 19, 2013, 12:56:47 PM
we're in the 2.6s, and still dropping

why didn't I sell at 3???
No worry, I was sold out all my shares yesterday at 2.88 , but I made a mistake I put a round number in my bids ,I intend to put 2.72, but I put 2.85, then accidently I bought 41 shares at 2.83 before this price dump...I am the most unluck one over the forum, I think I am ....I was made right prediction there would be a huge price dump , but I missed out by my mistake!!!!! Sad Sad Sad
you can check the history in BITFUNDER...
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
June 19, 2013, 12:54:13 PM

June 19, 2013, 12:51:11 PM
we're in the 2.6s, and still dropping

why didn't I sell at 3???
June 19, 2013, 12:49:26 PM
price dumped so fast....... like a rocket ~~~
June 19, 2013, 12:44:41 PM
looks like 0.01810108

yeah, 50% drop in dividends
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 19, 2013, 12:39:16 PM
looks like 0.01810108
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 19, 2013, 12:34:09 PM
But a large dividend funded by big hardware revenues has consistently driven the price up over the last few dividends cycles. I think this will be the last large dividend for a few weeks, so best to sell off after the dividend hits your wallet, then buy back in once the BlockEruptor v2 are being sold and Hashing Rate gets back to >20%
There must be a reason that HASHPOWER drooped!! this abnormal, since AM has the ability to deploy 39 TH,highest..they must currently doing something without notice us...whether change location or upgrade their facilities.. it is no reason for them to disappear that large amount of miners, unless if they sold it !~~~So be patient, we will see after today and weeks , eventually the answer will be merged. if they sold all devices they will give us a huge surprise, but who knows? we should be patient~~~

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say it's been sold for fiat.

Then this will be a huge dividend....we are getting rich..... does anyone think the recent price up of BTC is result of that friedcat is buying BTC to pay us for dividend??? OMG...this assumption makes me fell exciting.

No, quite the opposite. If I'm right it would be to raise fiat to pay for NRE costs. We won't see it (but we will get the benefit of it, so don't worry).
June 19, 2013, 12:33:39 PM

Imagine, even after a short-lived issue, it may take hours to restore all the mining power, since they are in fact a few thousand individual units hashing...

If AM date center a in location is closely to each other, we should see 0 hash power now, due to electricity or any other network issues.
Can't figure out what happen there, since yesterday despite AM's hashpower has drooped ,the whole network remains the same..

could be rolling brownouts, not complete blackout.
June 19, 2013, 12:32:58 PM
cue the massive sell off....
June 19, 2013, 12:32:20 PM

Imagine, even after a short-lived issue, it may take hours to restore all the mining power, since they are in fact a few thousand individual units hashing...

If AM date center a in location is closely to each other, we should see 0 hash power now, due to electricity or any other network issues.
Can't figure out what happen there, since yesterday despite AM's hashpower has drooped ,the whole network remains the same..
June 19, 2013, 12:31:29 PM
hardware sales 1290 btc: http://blockchain.info/address/115tTroRo3B9ZDQ6ATJGDCHcNEVbjJoZnF

that's .003225 per share, dividend will be about .0181/share

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
June 19, 2013, 12:29:58 PM
Reddit's AM divi thread, not quite as exuberant as usual this week.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1gnqa8/weekly_asicminer_dividend_thread/
June 19, 2013, 12:29:17 PM
But a large dividend funded by big hardware revenues has consistently driven the price up over the last few dividends cycles. I think this will be the last large dividend for a few weeks, so best to sell off after the dividend hits your wallet, then buy back in once the BlockEruptor v2 are being sold and Hashing Rate gets back to >20%
There must be a reason that HASHPOWER drooped!! this abnormal, since AM has the ability to deploy 39 TH,highest..they must currently doing something without notice us...whether change location or upgrade their facilities.. it is no reason for them to disappear that large amount of miners, unless if they sold it !~~~So be patient, we will see after today and weeks , eventually the answer will be merged. if they sold all devices they will give us a huge surprise, but who knows? we should be patient~~~

or, it could be power issues, blade issues, data center issues, etc.  Why does everyone assume the drop is something positive?
People believing in Friedcat , this name is a brand in the community. It kind like branding effect..
Jump to: