Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 67. (Read 808757 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
November 21, 2013, 01:28:48 PM
And it might as well be just a correction up, after the sell-of following shitty divs. But it'd be a less crusty explanation for the most paranoid/imaginative here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia
Activity: 564
Merit: 508
November 21, 2013, 01:21:05 PM
Someone knows something.

Pricing on havelock is way higher than usual.  Especially with btc rising people usually cash out.

This.
Up 20% today.
It happened before, but on news / rumors.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
November 21, 2013, 01:01:52 PM
look at blocks found
cube sells
red blades
friedcat plans
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
November 21, 2013, 12:02:23 PM
Someone knows something.

Pricing on havelock is way higher than usual.  Especially with btc rising people usually cash out.

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
November 20, 2013, 09:50:15 PM
Hopefully he still has some of those ~5000 coins he had on hand in October, that'll be very significant capital if so.

Is there any reason to believe he doesn't?

Sure. He spent 5k BTC between July and October and he very well may have spent the second 5k on a mask set since the statement a month ago.

In which case next gen chips would be on the way which I would consider better news than having profited from the spike in bitcoin price.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
November 20, 2013, 09:48:05 PM
Hopefully he still has some of those ~5000 coins he had on hand in October, that'll be very significant capital if so.

Sure. He spent 5k BTC between July and October and he very well may have spent the second 5k on a mask set since the statement a month ago.

Of course, given the lack of information and transparency about his plans and project timetables it is impossible to know for sure - or even guess, really - how many coins he's still got around.
November 20, 2013, 09:44:00 PM

November 20, 2013, 09:42:21 PM
Oh, I just had my own Pollyanna moment. The recent rapid appreciation in btc vs fiat would give FC incentive to withhold divs to convert into fiat to pay for upcoming expenses like mask manufacturing. Well, I would have done it.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 20, 2013, 09:40:55 PM
Oh, I just had my own Pollyanna moment. The recent rapid appreciation in btc vs fiat would give FC incentive to withhold divs to convert into fiat to pay for upcoming expenses like mask manufacturing. Well, I would have done it.
November 20, 2013, 09:36:48 PM
If you are truely thinking the company is worth 0.1/share sell me all your shares now for 0.3. But you wont because you know that it is worth more and the price will triple the second gen2 is released.

I sold all my shares a LONG time ago, and I was short until 1.3 BTC. Then I predicted a drop to 0.3 BTC. I hold zero shares.

So... oops, swing and a miss.
November 20, 2013, 09:33:39 PM
less FUD please

OK, Friedcat hasn't said anything about next gen because the Silicon Elves have sworn him to secrecy. They don't want anyone to know about their magicsparkle ultra-hasher until it's ready to ship. Microchip Santa is particular like that.

The balance sheet from October actually had typos in it, shareholder's equity is 0.05854BTC a share, not 0.005854BTC.

3M is going to be so impressed by Friedcat's cooling solution that they're going to stop selling their own immersion cooling products and start using his to mine Bitcoins, and they're going to use an exchange rate of $130/BTC forever.

And look on the bright side! The company is still worth 88 million USD.

Better?

You honestly think that AM is worth less than 20 million?

Nope! 0.1 BTC/share is still more than 20M.

I don't know why I waste my time to point out the facts that can easily be found out by looking at FC's post history as it is obvious you are not trying to inform people but create panic.

Oh. You're new, I didn't realize. Sorry for the snark.

Good news the FUD is over, you can stop trying to create panic now.

If you are truely thinking the company is worth 0.1/share sell me all your shares now for 0.3. But you wont because you know that it is worth more and the price will triple the second gen2 is released.

Why you think FC would waste his time explaining every detail of his company with people like you is beyond me.
November 20, 2013, 09:28:44 PM
less FUD please

OK, Friedcat hasn't said anything about next gen because the Silicon Elves have sworn him to secrecy. They don't want anyone to know about their magicsparkle ultra-hasher until it's ready to ship. Microchip Santa is particular like that.

The balance sheet from October actually had typos in it, shareholder's equity is 0.05854BTC a share, not 0.005854BTC.

3M is going to be so impressed by Friedcat's cooling solution that they're going to stop selling their own immersion cooling products and start using his to mine Bitcoins, and they're going to use an exchange rate of $130/BTC forever.

Better?

You honestly think that AM is worth less than 20 million?

Nope! 0.1 BTC/share is still more than 20M. And I actually don't know it's only worth ~20-30M, I'm just not enough of a risk-taker (or an optimist, I guess) to go in blindly at these prices.

I don't know why I waste my time to point out the facts that can easily be found out by looking at FC's post history as it is obvious you are not trying to inform people but create panic.

Oh. You're new, I didn't realize. Sorry for the snark.
November 20, 2013, 09:18:23 PM
less FUD please

Better?

You honestly think that AM is worth less than 20 million? You are aware that AM has nearly 10 million USD in capital just waiting to be spent on next gen chips. What makes you think FC is going to spend all his time answering the same questions over and over when he literally has no incentive to waste his time like that. AM is not trying to sell more shares, and it is not selling more hardware at the moment until next gen so there is literally no reason FC has to come here and explain how much the company is really worth to pump up the value. It doesn't matter to him how much these short term investors like yourself are selling your shares for.

Unlike every other asic company Friedcat doesn't make up bullshit specs on future hardware. With FC already competing with every other asic manufacturer using 144nm tech so you can easily imagine how much better 40nm and 28nm will be.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 20, 2013, 09:10:21 PM
less FUD please

Ah, the best way of reducing that would be if friedcat gave an update! None of us who aren't on the board can say with certainty how advanced Asicminer's various projects are. I mean, the difference between FC saying "40nm chips are being fabbed now, first batches due in 2 weeks" and "we still have issues to sort out with the 40nm chips and we hope to place an order with a fab next month" are significant.

The other thing Vycid pointed out is that the value of a company measured in bitcoin needn't automatically scale with the appreciation in the value of bitcoin. Bitcoin mining has just become a whole lot more lucrative, which means more competition.

I took a punt and have taken a small position in an information vacuum; I guess I'm an optimist. I think there's a good chance Asicminer can deliver their shipping container solution and have several months where they are again the 800-pound gorilla of mining. Of course the competition will come after them but it will go on for long enough to be worthwhile. They might even form partnerships with their rivals helping them to deploy hardware with economies of scale.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
November 20, 2013, 09:05:55 PM
less FUD please

Better?

Well we are in speculation this is more than acceptable Tongue
November 20, 2013, 09:03:22 PM
less FUD please

Better?
November 20, 2013, 08:50:01 PM
Hey guys, how've things been?

So what's your current buying price?

My PT from a couple months back was 0.3 BTC, but I'm sitting out for now because of the lack of information, and because there is no indication that the value of the company has kept pace with the value of a bitcoin. Certainly immersion cooling solutions don't keep pace with bitcoin.

I am not a buyer above 0.1 right now.

less FUD please
November 20, 2013, 08:37:04 PM

My PT from a couple months back was 0.3 BTC, but I'm sitting out for now because of the lack of information, and because there is no indication that the value of the company has kept pace with the value of a bitcoin. Certainly immersion cooling solutions don't keep pace with bitcoin.

I am not a buyer above 0.1 right now.
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
November 20, 2013, 08:35:26 PM

November 20, 2013, 08:24:13 PM