Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICPuppy.net - Terminus, Moonlander 2, 2pacs in Stock! BTC,LTC,ETH,BCH - page 24. (Read 105202 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Any idea on when the btcgarden will be back in stock?
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
I've got a couple ANTMiner S3 units in stock. Shipping immediately.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Has anyone had luck getting a btcgarden v1 to solo mine?  It looks like the web interface is great of adding an established pool but it may lack the config settings to solo mine with bitcoincore.

It's running a modified version of cgminer, but you should be able to ssh in and edit the conf file to add whatever parameters you like. username/pass is pi/raspberry. Run the history command to see a list of commands they ran to set up the image, it should give you a good idea of where everything is stored.

Spent the last 30 min or so looking around the pi and I still cannot find the config file.  Can't even find the cgminer directory.  I'm looking at php code to try and find it but not having much luck.  *sigh*

It might not be in a conf, they could be just passing all the variables to cgminer as parameters.

Per BTCGarden support, the code to edit the cgminer config file on the pi is:

sudo nano /var/www/run.sh

*EDIT*

After updating the code, start cgminer via the web interface.
legendary
Has anyone had luck getting a btcgarden v1 to solo mine?  It looks like the web interface is great of adding an established pool but it may lack the config settings to solo mine with bitcoincore.

It's running a modified version of cgminer, but you should be able to ssh in and edit the conf file to add whatever parameters you like. username/pass is pi/raspberry. Run the history command to see a list of commands they ran to set up the image, it should give you a good idea of where everything is stored.

Spent the last 30 min or so looking around the pi and I still cannot find the config file.  Can't even find the cgminer directory.  I'm looking at php code to try and find it but not having much luck.  *sigh*

It might not be in a conf, they could be just passing all the variables to cgminer as parameters.
legendary
Has anyone had luck getting a btcgarden v1 to solo mine?  It looks like the web interface is great of adding an established pool but it may lack the config settings to solo mine with bitcoincore.

Spent the last 30 min or so looking around the pi and I still cannot find the config file.  Can't even find the cgminer directory.  I'm looking at php code to try and find it but not having much luck.  *sigh*
legendary
Has anyone had luck getting a btcgarden v1 to solo mine?  It looks like the web interface is great of adding an established pool but it may lack the config settings to solo mine with bitcoincore.

legendary
legendary
Sold out of AM-V1 units. I should have AMV1X2 units in stock soon(4 blade unit)

Also, I added wifi support to the BTCGarden image so I can test units in my kitchen. I've tested with 3 units running at 930gh/s and no issues. I haven't tested with the rock miner image, but they are both built off of the standard raspbian img, so it should work there as well. Just don't use the manufacturers network configuration pages after making this change.

How to add dhcp and wifi compatibility to your raspberry pi image (Tested with $9 edimax wifi adapter):

1) Plug in Ethernet cord and SSH into your raspberry pi

2) Run the following command to open the network interface config in nano (or use vim if you are a bit nerdier)

Code:
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

3) Modify the contents of the file as follows(ctrl-x then Y to save):

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-ssid "YOUR_WIFI_SSID_HERE"
wpa-psk "YOUR_WIFI_WPA_PASSWORD_HERE"

4) Power off your pi

Code:
sudo poweroff

5) Remove ethernet cord

6) Start Raspberry pi and use your router config or an application like angryip to scan for the RPi's new address.
Thanks for work you do.  Awaiting these v2 btcgardens.  How soon, a couple days?  And will pricing be close to manufacture price?  Hate ordering from China.

Yes, they've shipped, so any day now. You are going to like the price Wink
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Also, I added wifi support to the BTCGarden image so I can test units in my kitchen. I've tested with 3 units running at 930gh/s and no issues. I haven't tested with the rock miner image, but they are both built off of the standard raspbian img, so it should work there as well. Just don't use the manufacturers network configuration pages after making this change.

How to add dhcp and wifi compatibility to your raspberry pi image (Tested with $9 edimax wifi adapter):

2) Run the following command to open the network interface config in nano (or use vim if you are a bit nerdier)

Code:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp

4) Power off your pi

Code:
sudo poweroff

5) Remove ethernet cord

6) Start Raspberry pi and use your router config or an application like angryip to scan for the RPi's new address.
Thanks for work you do.  Awaiting these v2 btcgardens.  How soon, a couple days?  And will pricing be close to manufacture price?  Hate ordering from China.
legendary

Code:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp

4) Power off your pi

Code:
sudo poweroff

5) Remove ethernet cord

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hey guys,

For those who installed the alpha mine peon, how did it go?

I am running the rbox image, and works fine, a little bit buggy.

The stable minepeon image does not recognize my rbox units.

Cheers
legendary
A new batch of AMV1 310gh/a units has arrived. Price is $299.99 per unit, shipping Monday.
Activity: 742
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I have a rocket box in operation for about a week now. The unit has some kind of stability problem. Reboots itself (or loses connection) often, sometimes a couple times in a day. Today had to manually reboot as the machine hung.

Nothing I would deploy on a larger scale.

Average at pool hash rate under 400GHS. Not even close to the advertised 440.

UPDATE: Downloaded the newest OS. Will install tomorrow and see if there is any difference.

V0.93 seems to work much better. With frequency @ 320 I am now getting ~440+GHs nominal.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Hey guys.  If your finding at the rockminer Pi program isnt working for you try the new alpha build of minepeon.  I've had it running strong for 12+ hours now.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7779753

This is an alpha build so it's not complete but it seems to be working well.
legendary
Can you ship these r-box's to the UK?

I checked out your site a couple of days ago and when I selected UK it gave a price of around $35 for shipping to here, is that correct and what sort of delivery time should I expect if ordering from you?

Thanks.

Yes, I do ship worldwide. Shipping is now calculated by weight, instead of unit price.
legendary
Looks like a bad sd card, or the write protect switch is broken, jammed, or reversed. Maybe try flipping the write protect switch from its current position to the opposite position and see if it gives the same errors when formatting.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Has anyone been able to format the SD card after putting that RPi img on it.  It seems like there are a couple read only files on the img that are keeping me from formating.

0 out the disk using a program like ActiveKillDisk, or nuke the partitions and start from scrap. I dont take no "read only" crap Tongue

I tried SDFormatter and even KillDisk is giving me errors:

Code:
   Erase method: One Pass Zeros (1 pass) Passes: 1
   Selected: Removable Disk2 Generic-xD/SD/M.S. - 7.50 GB
   Erase Removable Disk2 Generic-xD/SD/M.S. - 7.50 GB
   Started: 2014-07-11 09:52:57
   Cannot write to sectors from 0 to 2047. (Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)
   Cannot write to sectors from 2048 to 4095. (Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)
   Cannot write to sectors from 4096 to 6143. (Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)
   Cannot write to sectors from 6144 to 8191. (Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)
   Cannot write to sectors from 8192 to 10239. (Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)
   Cannot write to sectors from 10240 to 12287. (Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)

It's still trying buy says 216 hours till completion

1) Make sure the write protect isn't turned on...
It's failing to write to basically the entire thing which tells me that may be it...

2) If not, it looks like it's your SD card that may be dead / dying. Formatting has nothing to do with files as it doesn't know or care about the files. It operates in blocks and sectors.

1) Checked that... it's not the problem.  I think it's because of the read only/write protected files in the img

2) That was my next guess but wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue.
Activity: 151
Merit: 110
Has anyone been able to format the SD card after putting that RPi img on it.  It seems like there are a couple read only files on the img that are keeping me from formating.

0 out the disk using a program like ActiveKillDisk, or nuke the partitions and start from scrap. I dont take no "read only" crap Tongue

Code:
   Cannot write to sectors from 0 to 2047. (Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)
   Cannot write to sectors from 2048 to 4095. (Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)
   Cannot write to sectors from 4096 to 6143. (Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)
   Cannot write to sectors from 6144 to 8191. (Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)
   Cannot write to sectors from 8192 to 10239. (Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)
   Cannot write to sectors from 10240 to 12287. (Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).)

1) Make sure the write protect isn't turned on...
It's failing to write to basically the entire thing which tells me that may be it...

2) If not, it looks like it's your SD card that may be dead / dying. Formatting has nothing to do with files as it doesn't know or care about the files. It operates in blocks and sectors.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Code:

Activity: 323
Merit: 12
Can you ship these r-box's to the UK?

I checked out your site a couple of days ago and when I selected UK it gave a price of around $35 for shipping to here, is that correct and what sort of delivery time should I expect if ordering from you?

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: