Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICPuppy.net - Terminus, Moonlander 2, 2pacs in Stock! BTC,LTC,ETH,BCH - page 5. (Read 105180 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Hooked up the Avalon6 last night and powered it via 120v.  It ran all night just fine at 3.5TH, 11.9v, pulling almost 1100W at the wall.  Temps on the miner and psu looked fine with my infrared thermometer, but I could tell that the psu fan was kicked up a couple notches vs. were it would spin when I ran it off 240v.  Wish I still had high voltage at the new place, I might pay to have an electrician add a circuit, but good to know I can at least use my Avalon again!  I am going to send it off to be hosted anyways...

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I just ran an S4+ off a DPS1200 (on 208V) for a solid week with no trouble.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
he is running the avalon 6 with zero issues at 120 volts.  between both of us  we have run the avalon6 for more then 40 days zero issues.
Well wow, I wouldn't have thought to even try it at 120v to run my Avalon.  But your success makes me rethink, and I'll have to try my Avalon tonight.  Even though it works for you my mind looks at the numbers on paper and says it shouldn't work.  I just don't want to burn anything down...

check with aarons6  he has had it since may 14th

Most of the server grade PSUs I've dealt with could handle more than advertised. I know sidehack has pushed a few beyond their potential.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
he is running the avalon 6 with zero issues at 120 volts.  between both of us  we have run the avalon6 for more then 40 days zero issues.
Well wow, I wouldn't have thought to even try it at 120v to run my Avalon.  But your success makes me rethink, and I'll have to try my Avalon tonight.  Even though it works for you my mind looks at the numbers on paper and says it shouldn't work.  I just don't want to burn anything down...

check with aarons6  he has had it since may 14th
legendary
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I ran these psu's at 120 volts and at 240 volts.

they easily do an avalon 6  at 120 volts or 240 volts.

as for s-7's  the new s-7's are power hungry they use at least 100 more watts

so if you have a 120volt circuit I think the batch 12 to batch 17 need to downclock

the batch 1 to 6 can do stock

and the batch 7 to 11  I am not sure as I never ran any of them.

if you can provide the full 240 volts  you can run batch 1 to 6  at 612 or so   and batch 12 to 17  at stock

these are really good psu's and the board is well made. I sold off my board and my psu to a forum member along with an avalon6  he is running the avalon 6 with zero issues at 120 volts.  between both of us  we have run the avalon6 for more then 40 days zero issues.
legendary
As far as I know, it's stock settings. I don't know which batch but it's labeled "1293W". The ones I have in hosting have tended to draw between 1.35 and 1.45 kilowatts at 208VAC, depending on batch and PSU setup. I've got a DPS1200 powering an S4+ at about 1.45KW wall draw too, same draw as the original PSU read out. An S7 is definitely pushing the DPS1200 but as an industrial-grade PSU, basically keep the intake air clear and it should be good for 10-20% overspec more or less indefinitely. You take an efficiency hit of 1-3% up there.
legendary
Tell that to the S7 I've had running on one since January.

But yeah they're also perfect for the Avalon6.

Hmm, did you downclock the S7 then?  I thought they needed 1400 watt to run.

Anyhoo, just ordered a board for my Avalon, thanks!

Thanks for your order! I'll have it out tomorrow. As far as the S7 goes, I think the discrepancy is at the wall draw vs at the PSU.
legendary

Hmm, did you downclock the S7 then?  I thought they needed 1400 watt to run.

Anyhoo, just ordered a board for my Avalon, thanks!
legendary

legendary
I've got a fresh batch of DL580 Breakout boards in stock. These are great for powering Antminer S7s, and the PSUs are dirt cheap on Ebay.

ASICPuppy.net
Awesome, I have been waiting for one of these.  However, 1200 watts is not enough for the S7, you should be advertising these as perfect for the Avalon6.  Plus Bitmain (Sh*tmain) doesn't deserve the free advertising.
legendary
Compacs are sold out for now.

I've got a fresh batch of DL580 Breakout boards in stock. These are great for powering Antminer S7s, and the PSUs are dirt cheap on Ebay.

ASICPuppy.net
legendary
I've been messing around with OpenBazar, and I must say, it's a really neat trading platform. I have opened up a storefront where you can buy anything I sell through ASICPuppy.net .

OpenBazaar ID:
@asicpuppy
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
An ASIC for DASH was recently announced, cost 500 DASH but as of yet not available to purchase.

We do not need moonlanders scrypt, we need moonlanders on Dash (x11) or Ethereum.

You might be better off buying 1000 DASH and setting up a masternode which would receive a percentage of the block reward as well.

Big thanks to CrazyGuy for the R1 firmware, makes owning an antrouter so much more fun.

I am trying the new firmware right now. Old firmware is stable now for 21 days...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uve8ku4l8Zc
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
An ASIC for DASH was recently announced, cost 500 DASH but as of yet not available to purchase.

We do not need moonlanders scrypt, we need moonlanders on Dash (x11) or Ethereum.

You might be better off buying 1000 DASH and setting up a masternode which would receive a percentage of the block reward as well.

Big thanks to CrazyGuy for the R1 firmware, makes owning an antrouter so much more fun.
legendary
Has anyone made a 2W ASIC that'll do those algorithms?

Not that I know of. I'm not very familiar with x11 but I have researched ethereum. From what I understand, the protocol is tightly controlled by a small group of developers, who could change the algorithm from POW to POS sometime in the summer, or whenever they want.

Most don't understand the amount of time and money that goes into researching and developing an ASIC, but with most altcoins, it's just not worth the risk and effort.
Activity: 578
Merit: 501

Has anyone made an ASIC for anything other than SHA-256 and Scrypt?
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

legendary
Compacs are back in stock!
Pages:
Jump to: