Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICPuppy.net - Terminus, Moonlander 2, 2pacs in Stock! BTC,LTC,ETH,BCH - page 8. (Read 105180 times)

legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
Hmm, another user suggested port 4029 to me as well, and I tried it and it didn't work.  I'll dig a little deeper and try to figure it out, thanks.

its the same as cgminer api but its set to use 4029 instead of 4028.

Nope, that didn't do it, still shows it as "off line".  I tried 4027 and 4030, too.  No other ip addresses show on my router so it must be behind the R1 somewhere.

Edit

I looked into the running processes and it does appear that port 4029 is the correct port, but CryptoGlance does not want to talk to the U3 on that port.  Any other ideas?

On another note, I restarted the R1 and now the U3 isn't hashing at all.  I restarted it several times last night and the U3 always came back hashing, but it's dead now after a restart of the R1 (I'm not at home, I am accessing my home computer over VPN).

I haven't tried accessing the api outside of the R1. It's possible openwrt may have a light version of ip tables blocking that port. If so, you'll need to allow inbound/outbound traffic on that port.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Hmm, another user suggested port 4029 to me as well, and I tried it and it didn't work.  I'll dig a little deeper and try to figure it out, thanks.

its the same as cgminer api but its set to use 4029 instead of 4028.

Nope, that didn't do it, still shows it as "off line".  I tried 4027 and 4030, too.  No other ip addresses show on my router so it must be behind the R1 somewhere.

Edit

I looked into the running processes and it does appear that port 4029 is the correct port, but CryptoGlance does not want to talk to the U3 on that port.  Any other ideas?

On another note, I restarted the R1 and now the U3 isn't hashing at all.  I restarted it several times last night and the U3 always came back hashing, but it's dead now after a restart of the R1 (I'm not at home, I am accessing my home computer over VPN).
legendary
I got my R1 set up and it's solo mining for me and controlling my U3 (237.5/0785).  So far so good, but one thing I am struggling with.  The only ip address I have is for the R1 and CryptoGlance sees it just fine, but how do I get CryptoGlance to see the U3?  When my U3 was hooked up to my computer I could assign it a port via the command line, but there does not appear to be anyway to do that with the R1, and so all I can see at the ip address is the R1 hash and stats.  How do I monitor the U3 in CryptoGlance?

It's using port 4029 for the U3 cgminer instance. I'm not familiar with cryptoglance, but it should have a port field, or you can specify port with a colon.  Ex: 192.168.1.1:4029
legendary
I got my R1 set up and it's solo mining for me and controlling my U3 (237.5/0785).  So far so good, but one thing I am struggling with.  The only ip address I have is for the R1 and CryptoGlance sees it just fine, but how do I get CryptoGlance to see the U3?  When my U3 was hooked up to my computer I could assign it a port via the command line, but there does not appear to be anyway to do that with the R1, and so all I can see at the ip address is the R1 hash and stats.  How do I monitor the U3 in CryptoGlance?

legendary
Last day for discounted Rpi/cubes and free shipping on orders over $100

Use promo code:
BLACKFRIDAY
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Keep getting coupon invalid

It's working now Cheesy
legendary
USA Customers - Use the promo code "BLACKFRIDAY" today through Monday for free shipping on orders totaling $100 and over. Additionally, preloaded Rpi and Cubieboards are on sale through Monday.
legendary
Quick question, can the R1s work as a wifi repeater?

I think it needs a hard connection to your modem or other router and then it can broadcast a wifi signal, but I do not believe it can receive a wifi signal and the repeat it out again like a signal booster (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Mine is kinda acting as a repeater, it has a Ethernet cord connected R1 and it put's out it's own wifi.   So if you run a cable you could put the R1 at end and have a AP going there.

If you mean connecting to wifi and then acting as AP.  I have not tried this.

You can use it as a wireless access point(Wifi to ethernet for s7, s5, s3) with a little tweaking but I don't believe it can take Wifi signal in and act as a WiFi hotspot at the same time as it would need two wireless interfaces.
legendary
Activity: 1456

I think it needs a hard connection to your modem or other router and then it can broadcast a wifi signal, but I do not believe it can receive a wifi signal and the repeat it out again like a signal booster (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Mine is kinda acting as a repeater, it has a Ethernet cord connected R1 and it put's out it's own wifi.   So if you run a cable you could put the R1 at end and have a AP going there.

If you mean connecting to wifi and then acting as AP.  I have not tried this.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
I collected my 3 sticks from the post office today, thanks CrazyGuy.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0

Cheers,

JG
legendary
Just received my R1 with modified firmware, thank you.  I look forward to using it as a controller for my U3 (which just reset from AU3 0 to AU3 1 as I am typing).

I also only just tonight got the play on words, "a sick puppy".  Clever, clever...  Grin
legendary
Do you know if there are additional taxes when shipping to germany ... From former customers?

I've had 3 shipped from US to UK via asicpuppy.com and tracking says package is at local post office sorting office, this usually means I have import tax to pay. I'll update with more info when available hopefully in next 24-48 hours.

I had 2 sent from a private seller in US and they were delivered much faster to my door without any import taxes.

Depends what they put on the label I suppose.

By the way this isn't a criticism, just a comment, if I have to pay some import tax so be it Smiley.

As a general rule if you are in UK I think you can count on import tax.   This is all dependent on receivers country like CrazyGuy said.   If you were wanting to game the system with no import tax like it sounds like a private seller did... you should have contacted him first.  But I think you will find that CrazyGuy runs a good honest buisness and not trying to break import laws.

On shipping I am within the US there was no import tax from CrazyGuy, and I received my items very quick.  I have had 3 orders at this point and no issues.  

I'd never suggest what someone puts on their package as contents or value, same as I wouldn't be told what to put. So whatever CrazyGuy has put is absolutely fine with me Smiley.

As mentioned I'm more than happy to pay the import tax if required, the comment was really made to say 2 came straight to my door, 3 are held at the sorting office so that's what I'm assuming is going to happen.

It's not the import tax I mind, it's the bloody 1hr round trip to the sorting office that's the pain in the ass Cheesy. I wish you could just pay the postman at your door....
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Do you have any plans for a bitcoin black friday deal?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Do you know if there are additional taxes when shipping to germany ... From former customers?

I've had 3 shipped from US to UK via asicpuppy.com and tracking says package is at local post office sorting office, this usually means I have import tax to pay. I'll update with more info when available hopefully in next 24-48 hours.

I had 2 sent from a private seller in US and they were delivered much faster to my door without any import taxes.

By the way this isn't a criticism, just a comment, if I have to pay some import tax so be it Smiley.

As a general rule if you are in UK I think you can count on import tax.   This is all dependent on receivers country like CrazyGuy said.   If you were wanting to game the system with no import tax like it sounds like a private seller did... you should have contacted him first.  But I think you will find that CrazyGuy runs a good honest buisness and not trying to break import laws.

On shipping I am within the US there was no import tax from CrazyGuy, and I received my items very quick.  I have had 3 orders at this point and no issues. 
legendary

legendary

I'm not sure... If there are any taxes, they would be on the receiving side.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251

legendary
Compacs are back in stock!
Pages:
Jump to: