Pages:
Author

Topic: Asic.to Firmware S17+ 95th/s • T17+ 80th/s T17 40w/t • S17/T17 on over 200k Asic - page 14. (Read 8400 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 253
So after you using a bunch of different firmwares on different units (judging by your previous posts) you just happened "not to cry" here as well as BlackPrapor and note that it is in same day and both of you are not even active on forum anymore.

Is it only me or is this fishy?

Take it for what it's worth, makes no difference to me.

Not to meaning to blast this thread with posts. To be clear in this situation it is 1 firmware on 3 different S17 models. Not several firmwares. Overall the firmware is awesome and I have no regrets using it.

well blackprapor was gone for more then 20 months.

sierra8561 was gone for 10 months and did overclock.

i my self over clocked 22 s9s for ten days with other firmware and had bad results.

to me this firmware will shine with underclock.

the t17 can do 200 watts less with the same hash or close to the same hash.

on this firmware.   so for every 10 you down clock you can add a t17. no harm to gear and more hash. much more sound method of using the firmware.

I'm active on a telegram group with you.

I have yet to even try one t17.

But I will do so soon.

Once it works  I will shoot for 45 watts a th and 42th hash power.

If I do it I will buy more of them.

I always tend to jump right to the overclocking route. I've admired how you always explore underclocking, which in several cases has been the right way to go.
Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
He deleted his post/ post was frodocooper'ed  Grin , his account is shady no doubt, but the info he had put together are someway reasonable, overclocking your gears is risky, nevertheless ,it does bring more profit so in some cases it is worth it.

"Does overclocking shorten the life-span of any electronic equipment?" is an ever lasting debate, an overclocked gear may last longer than a gear running at stock setting or even under-clocked, there are no real accurate numbers one can use to determine the amount or possibility of damage caused by over-clocking , but it's safe to assume that overclocking must be done in a reasonable manner to minimize the risk the maximize the gains BTCBTCBTC.

Let's just say I know of a few people that are competitors in this field that I know are going out of their way to mess with me. Hence why I am a skeptic of these old accounts popping back up and also a lot of accounts were sold on the forum. Luckily some of the people they are talking to just told me flat out what they were doing... So that is always fun.

Does anyone have settings for best underclock lately?  I have been running my s17 pros at 66th @ 2800w.  So it's essentially a s17e or whatever.  If I go higher than that, it can push to 75th but the power ratio goes out the window and I'd rather leave it at a stable overclock.  T17 I have no tried yet, trying to figure out most efficient settings honestly.

T17 someone got it down to 42.5th/s On the website I listed a range for T17 to try for downclock. The newer ones clock down much better. I would avoid overclock on T17 personally.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Does anyone have settings for best underclock lately?  I have been running my s17 pros at 66th @ 2800w.  So it's essentially a s17e or whatever.  If I go higher than that, it can push to 75th but the power ratio goes out the window and I'd rather leave it at a stable overclock.  T17 I have no tried yet, trying to figure out most efficient settings honestly.

I have yet to even try one t17.

But I will do so soon.

Once it works  I will shoot for 45 watts a th and 42th hash power.

If I do it I will buy more of them.
Activity: 351
Merit: 47
legendary
We got a guy in our telegram group that got his T17 down to 42.5w/th at 40.5th/s

I honestly want to buy a bunch more after seeing his numbers.

What S9 firmware did you have bad results with?

July 2019 bitmain.  But all those s9's are old  and all were running for years at 13.5 then jump to 15.0

everyone had an issue with the center board.  Not so much the board temps but the current draw at the jacks and plugs.  I browned just about every set of center board jacks.

Now I have yet to set up any of the t17's  with your firmware.  But  I plan to do so.  I also plan to buy around 4 or 5 more of them. Since they would be very good running 42.5 -45watts and 42.5th.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U

He deleted his post/ post was frodocooper'ed  Grin , his account is shady no doubt, but the info he had put together are someway reasonable, overclocking your gears is risky, nevertheless ,it does bring more profit so in some cases it is worth it.

"Does overclocking shorten the life-span of any electronic equipment?" is an ever lasting debate, an overclocked gear may last longer than a gear running at stock setting or even under-clocked, there are no real accurate numbers one can use to determine the amount or possibility of damage caused by over-clocking , but it's safe to assume that overclocking must be done in a reasonable manner to minimize the risk the maximize the gains BTCBTCBTC.

i my self over clocked 22 s9s for ten days with other firmware and had bad results.

on this firmware.   so for every 10 you down clock you can add a t17. no harm to gear and more hash. much more sound method of using the firmware.

We got a guy in our telegram group that got his T17 down to 42.5w/th at 40.5th/s

I honestly want to buy a bunch more after seeing his numbers.

What S9 firmware did you have bad results with?
legendary

I've also had some dead boards at recommended settings. I've been very careful and understand the risk. I wouldn't have bothered posting about it because I know their can be consequences. What the other poster stated was true, although it has been a small number in my situation. To be clear I'm not blaming or crying, I know what can happen the minute I flash a aftermarket firmware.

EDIT: I'm trying the firmware on S17 56T, S17 50T Pro, S17 53T Pro

Yeah lot of people are trying to push their machines way beyond 70th/s which I mean I can't blame them but if you don't have the cooling to do it. It isn't worth doing. Better off shooting for a mild 15-20th/s increase where no one has issues than going into uncharted territory. At least that is my input on it. We provide a few settings on the website to attain the small overclock and to attain a good underclock/undervolt. Those should be a baseline and there really is no need to go away from that unless you have free power and are willing to risk it.
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
I've also had some dead boards at recommended settings. I've been very careful and understand the risk. I wouldn't have bothered posting about it because I know their can be consequences. What the other poster stated was true, although it has been a small number in my situation. To be clear I'm not blaming or crying, I know what can happen the minute I flash a aftermarket firmware.

So after you using a bunch of different firmwares on different units (judging by your previous posts) you just happened "not to cry" here as well as BlackPrapor and note that it is in same day and both of you are not even active on forum anymore.

Is it only me or is this fishy?
Activity: 546
Merit: 253

Funny enough not a single person has complained about a damaged machine. But there is a disclaimer and built-in safeguards with this firmware to prevent it from overheating. if someone throws a stupid high voltage or frequency and cooks their machine that is their own doing. There is a warning in this thread and on the download page that you can damage your machine if you push them too far. There is even a disclaimer about not making your frequency range too large from chip to chip with manual tuning.

Also, your account is old. You made no post all of 2019 except for this comment you cross commented. You never mentioned buying an asic, antminer, or any of the current-gen miners. Yes, I went through your full post history and it looks like you use to post about gpu rigs only. So I have a feeling you are just spreading a warning because you used some other firmware that had issues or this is something else....

If it was a newbie, that comment would probably be deleted already. I was laughing my ass while I was reading it. Just ignore it.
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
Been running custom firmware for over 2 years. As long as you get a good one I have actually been able to extend the life of my miners due to being able to run it cooler and use less electricity.
Activity: 626
Merit: 504
I would like to warn all miners, trying to or wishing to overclock their equipment with custom firmware. Under no circumstances, don't even try to overclock your ASICs with these firmwares. Either with ones for sale, or "free". I've got 2 boxes dead, one with all 3 hash plates dead, despite the fact that I've done gradual and careful overclocking, under perfect conditions with clean and cold air like in data centres. They've died without any signs of problems before it happened. As you should know, you take all responsibility for overclocking your equipment. RMA takes so much time, that it just won't be able to do reasonable ROE after return, even if Bitmain fixes it for free.
I would like to warn all miners, trying to or wishing to overclock their equipment with custom firmware. Under no circumstances, don't even try to overclock your ASICs with these firmwares. Either with ones for sale, or "free". I've got 2 boxes dead, one with all 3 hash plates dead, despite the fact that I've done gradual and careful overclocking, under perfect conditions with clean and cold air like in data centres. They've died without any signs of problems before it happened. As you should know, you take all responsibility for overclocking your equipment. RMA takes so much time, that it just won't be able to do reasonable ROE after return, even if Bitmain fixes it for free.

Funny enough not a single person has complained about a damaged machine. But there is a disclaimer and built-in safeguards with this firmware to prevent it from overheating. if someone throws a stupid high voltage or frequency and cooks their machine that is their own doing. There is a warning in this thread and on the download page that you can damage your machine if you push them too far. There is even a disclaimer about not making your frequency range too large from chip to chip with manual tuning.

Also, your account is old. You made no post all of 2019 except for this comment you cross commented. You never mentioned buying an asic, antminer, or any of the current-gen miners. Yes, I went through your full post history and it looks like you use to post about gpu rigs only. So I have a feeling you are just spreading a warning because you used some other firmware that had issues or this is something else....
What's a safe chip temperature to target for T17?

There is no such thing as far as I know, but you should aim to be AT LEAST 5C below limit (PCB max. 75 but I am not sure about Chip max. of T17)
Activity: 529
Merit: 29
What's a safe chip temperature to target for T17?
There will be a software wattmeter built in when the auto tune update comes out. At least it should their was a bug where it starts calculating incorrectly with auto tune but I believe it was worked out. We have got some people pulling 45w/th with the T17 underclocked. I think they have more potential underclocked than overclocked personally since they are just prone to getting so hot when you push them in non cold climates.
legendary
I am running 600 / 17.2v @ 35TH/s
I am only doing 62C PCB temp.
I don't want to push things until autotune is out or the weather cools down.

could you put a watt meter on this.

do you pull under 1750 watts at the wall?

this would make a t17 a nice unit!

if it did 50 watts a th i may be just short of running three on a 30 amp circuit.

but if it can do 45 watts a th and i set it to 33th i could do 99th pulling 4500 watts

which would fit my 30 ampp circuits well.

the t17 is almost under 800 usd which mean no trump tax.

i may start to order one unit every two weeks if all this is true.
I am running 600 / 17.2v @ 35TH/s
I am only doing 62C PCB temp.
I don't want to push things until autotune is out or the weather cools down.

How many Watts are you pulling at that speed? around 45w/th?
Pages:
Jump to: