Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon 6 Vs Antminer S7, which one you will choose? - page 19. (Read 38717 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I would stay far away from Avalon given my experience with them.  I won't buy one of their miners again.
Activity: 68
Merit: 11
I hope Avalon will do better job on  noise level of Avalon 6, then can get more customers on the current hard situation.

Avalon 4.1 is very quiet.  It's the quietest fan miner I have had.    Hopefully they keep this aspect as it was pretty amazing on that front.

Can you link to any of the sites that show pre-orders?   I am not pre-ordering but would enjoy to see the site to see if looks creditable.

This is one of the chinese web store : http://shop.cnbite.com/product-190.html
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
Is there a link to more information about the upcoming Avalon products ?
I am sure there is but I do take this a bit seriously as Itop somehow is able to get miners quickly and information as well. They must have someone they know who is tight with mining companies.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
If Avalon can get close to S7 efficiency, and sound levels to their 4.1 I would be all over a few Avalon 6!  Aside from the Antminer S3, the 4.1 has been the the most enjoyable miner I have owned.

It's kinda a hidden gem.  Most have not used it so they don't know how truly quiet it is compared to other miners.  It's just a huge difference.  But they did charge a premium for it.   

I hope they do not charge a premium for it like the 4.1 but time will tell.
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001
If Avalon can get close to S7 efficiency, and sound levels to their 4.1 I would be all over a few Avalon 6!  Aside from the Antminer S3, the 4.1 has been the the most enjoyable miner I have owned.
legendary
Activity: 1456
I hope Avalon will do better job on  noise level of Avalon 6, then can get more customers on the current hard situation.

Avalon 4.1 is very quiet.  It's the quietest fan miner I have had.    Hopefully they keep this aspect as it was pretty amazing on that front.

Can you link to any of the sites that show pre-orders?   I am not pre-ordering but would enjoy to see the site to see if looks creditable.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
If those are indeed the stats I would choose the Avalon without a doubt.
I would steer clear of the Avalon unit until some additional specs are released or actual shipping starts.
There is no preorder, no reason to stay clear because you can't even preorder or do anything except theorize on the final product.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Is there a link to more information about the upcoming Avalon products ?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
Pre-theorizing is a dangerous way of getting pre-scammed on pre-pre-orders. Buyers pre-beware!   Grin

Someone almost fell for that with the SP50, and got pre-ripped-off 100-200 bitcoins ( we don't know how much yet, they haven't set the price )
So 1050w, cost 1102$ (or 4.598btc right now), bitmain does have easier plug and play miners but Avalon has more unique and will probably make the 2th/s miner we want for $630 and 600w.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
I would steer clear of the Avalon unit until some additional specs are released or actual shipping starts.
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
If they are truly shipping next month I assume the hardware is finalized, or 90% of the way there.. One would think at this point there would be more concrete information...

If the above is true I would buy a pile of them..
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Until there is a full Spec, real delivery dates & prices it's silly to even consider the Avalon. However if it's a similar price & less efficient I would stick with the S7.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Definetely I choose Avalon. But I would like to know more about it.
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
That would be great if true.
Activity: 68
Merit: 11
It is said Avalon will start to ship the Avalon 6 at the end of Oct,2015 , hashing rate : 3.5T   , Power consuming : 300W / T  ,  price: USD 315 / T .
After calculation, Avalon 6 will be USD60 /T less and 70W/T more if antminer keep the same price with the next bath.

It is no official news and no photo right now , but it is been pre-saling on some chinese website.

I hope Avalon will do better job on  noise level of Avalon 6, then can get more customers on the current hard situation.

Please post out your idea for this ..

Update on 21th Oct.:
Avalon finally get their newest bitcoin miner Avalon6 spec in public

Avalon6 Specification
Hash rate    3.65T±10%
Power at wall   1100W(power efficiency 90%)。
Quantity of chip  80
Power connector  4x 6PIN,you need to connect all 4 connectors when running
Cooling fan  12038, current min: 1.6A ,Max:2.8A
Max speed: 3800RPM
Temperature  Max Temperature of intake :38℃
Controller  Raspberry PI(version 1,B,B+),。